• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prove you Exist.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
If P1 were not the case then its contradiction "I am not thinking" would be the case. However, this cannot be asserted coherently and so it cannot be the case. Therefore, P1 is the case.
that is a Red Herring. the contradiction to "I am thinking" is "Not-I is thinking" which still has what you are trying to prove, existence, applying to your premise.

Popeyesays

doppelgänger;1078600 said:
You are using it imprecisely, Scott. The fact is, if there's no you, there's no dancing at all.

There is a me. I'm pretty sure, there's ayou.

Regards,
Scott

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Main Entry: so·lip·sism Pronunciation: \ˈsō-ləp-ˌsi-zəm, ˈsä-\ Function: noun Etymology: Latin solus alone + ipse self Date: 1874 : a theory holding that the self can know nothing but its own modifications and that the self is the only existent thing; also : extreme egocentrism
What if the self one exists as is the entire universe. Is that sill solipsism in your book? Is that still egocentrism?

Popeyesays

What if the self one exists as is the entire universe. Is that sill solipsism in your book? Is that still egocentrism?

I live in a universe populated with many creatures--some undoubtedly as intelligent as I, some as unintelligent as a lump of basalt.

The universes are made up of "things". God is not a "thing".

Regards,
Scott

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I live in a universe populated with many creatures--some undoubtedly as intelligent as I, some as unintelligent as a lump of basalt.

Isn't being a "self" inside the universe more egocentric than being the universe in "sefl"?

rojse

RF Addict

Regards,
Scott

Indeed God is - he is the thing of things.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Isn't being a "self" inside the universe more egocentric than being the universe in "sefl"?
Yes it is. In the former, the "other" things and people in the universe are replaced with one's own images of those things. In the latter, one is aware that those are images.