• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about Drag Queens

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ

A lazy, zero effort reply. Since you don't have any thoughts of your own to go through on the matter, we'll just pick through your opinion piece

First of all, the opinion piece you posted makes clear what it claims from the outset: sexual grooming. Let's look up the definition

"the action of attempting to form a relationship with a child or young person, with the intention of sexually assaulting them or inducing them to commit an illegal act such as selling drugs or joining a terrorist organization."

How is that going to happen within a one hour event where parents or teachers are present? Let's see what your article shows as an example of "sexual grooming."

As we write this article, DQSH continues to draw public enthusiasm and is set to expand. Of course, we are excited about that. Yet, we also wonder how DQSH can continue to exist … engaging with the power of young children’s imaginations today to begin to envision alternate tomorrows. Playing with drag can be a way to remember that … “We’re already here, moving.” We’re dressing up, we’re shaking our hips, and we’re finding our light – even in the fluorescents. We’re reading books while we read each other’s looks, and we’re leaving a trail of glitter that won’t ever come out of the carpet.

"Yes, this is grooming. Pseudo-academic jargon does not change the authors’ evil intentions to corrupt and sexualize children."

What, that's it? Informing kids that drag exists and that it's ok for people to be gay is sexualy grooming them? Oh brother... Your opinion piece you posted is just a guy who's mad that gay people exist and that kids can learn that they exist through drag story hour. Lame. These are the same kind of people who say things like "Remember when we used to play smear the queer in school? Ah the glory days. Can't do that anymore"

If you want to see what actual sexual grooming looks like, you can use what many Catholic priests and Baptist pastors do to kids as an example. THAT is grooming

Last edited:

LeftyLen

groom them to be what? To not be homophobic bigots?
"bigot-phobe-hater-fascist" are bromides those on the left throw around, rhetorical arm waves to end all rational discourse. Any rational parents, etc know why they have no business in schools.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
"bigot-phobe-hater-fascist" are bromides those on the left throw around, rhetorical arm waves to end all rational discourse. Any rational parents, etc know why they have no business in schools.

didn't you just arm wave and dismiss people who did drag story hour as "groomers?" You have yet to offer a rational argument for how they are actually grooming anyone

LeftyLen

didn't you just arm wave and dismiss people who did drag story hour as "groomers?" You have yet to offer a rational argument for how they are actually grooming anyone
The fact that activities that were once indisputably considered “adult” only, pole dancing, kink parades or drag performances — are suddenly being reframed as tools to 'educate children' under the guise of promoting tolerance is disturbing. Clearly in a less- secular country it was a matter of public agreement that it was inappropriate to expose children to sexually charged information, images, activities, performances which lowers their inhibitions and reduces their unease toward adult sexual' activities. I suppose the sincere goals, of “progress” means increasing a child’s familiarity with adult sexual materials or practices, as if that is needed for children? I note and could post articles , movements to normalize pedophilia in England and France, one petition calling for the British parliament to decriminalize sex between adults and children. They claimed a a , hypocritical moral regime that unduly restricts one’s 'rights'. Their efforts put in typical leftist 'rights' language, claiming that since sex is not shameful and children are intelligent, adults have no right to deprive children of sexual experiences. the same signers are now promoting Drag Queens in schools, I wont say names, but the example are too many to ignore.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
The fact that activities that were once indisputably considered “adult” only, pole dancing, kink parades or drag performances — are suddenly being reframed as tools to 'educate children' under the guise of promoting tolerance is disturbing.

You do realize your patron saint Ronald Reagan performed in a movie featuring drag performances in front of children before, right? Was Reagan trying to sexualize children then?

Notice how you conflated pole dancing, kink parades, and drag? All of those things exist independent of each other. Do you honestly think drag queens are pole dancing while whipping themselves and wearing ball gags during drag story hour?

I don't think you honestly know what drag even is; especially if you think there needs to be a sexual element to it by default

Clearly in a less- secular country it was a matter of public agreement that it was inappropriate to expose children to sexually charged information, images, activities, performances which lowers their inhibitions and reduces their unease toward adult sexual' activities.

Do you think this would happen within an hour's worth of story telling by a drag queen with adults present in the room?

I suppose the sincere goals, of “progress” means increasing a child’s familiarity with adult sexual materials or practices, as if that is needed for children?

No one is suggesting that. That's your head cannon, and also a straw man

I note and could post articles , movements to normalize pedophilia in England and France, one petition calling for the British parliament to decriminalize sex between adults and children.

That's cool. If it's anything like your last opinion piece (article) it's probably fake news too. Also, doesn't have anything to do with drag story hour

They claimed a a , hypocritical moral regime that unduly restricts one’s 'rights'.

Cool story. Doesn't really have much to do with drag story hour

Their efforts put in typical leftist 'rights' language, claiming that since sex is not shameful and children are intelligent, adults have no right to deprive children of sexual experiences.

Sounds like some weirdos. What does this have to do with drag story hour again?

the same signers are now promoting Drag Queens in schools, I wont say names, but the example are too many to ignore.

Sounds like more fake news to me. Also, you have yet to even point to one example of how drag story hour sexualizes children or grooms them to become sexually exploited. We are talking about one hour of reading a story to a child with adults present

Argentbear

The fact that activities that were once indisputably considered “adult” only, pole dancing, kink parades or drag performances — are suddenly being reframed as tools to 'educate children' under the guise of promoting tolerance is disturbing.
And statements like this were once considered to be blatant lying.
Clearly in a less- secular country it was a matter of public agreement that it was inappropriate to expose children to sexually charged information, images, activities, performances which lowers their inhibitions and reduces their unease toward adult sexual' activities. I suppose the sincere goals, of “progress” means increasing a child’s familiarity with adult sexual materials or practices, as if that is needed for children?
None of which is going on at children's readings at public libraries
I note and could post articles , movements to normalize pedophilia in England and France, one petition calling for the British parliament to decriminalize sex between adults and children. They claimed a a , hypocritical moral regime that unduly restricts one’s 'rights'. Their efforts put in typical leftist 'rights' language, claiming that since sex is not shameful and children are intelligent, adults have no right to deprive children of sexual experiences. the same signers are now promoting
So why didn't you post?
Drag Queens in schools, I wont say names, but the example are too many to ignore.
You won't say names because doing so would be slander

LeftyLen

And statements like this were once considered to be blatant lying.

None of which is going on at children's readings at public libraries

So why didn't you post?

You won't say names because doing so would be slander
Any links, facts posted would be ignored with a hand wave, as the Bill Mahar video, some too fearful to watch it. ..s Once drags queen were relegated to clubs bars exclusively entertainment for adults, why do they need to be in schools, besides a new cultural low. The questions remains. But as i see here that this is happening everywhere is denied.

Argentbear

The fear of the video and all posted evidences, facts ignored says it all. Attempting to deny 'drag queen story hours' in libraries ans schools is comparable to creationists denying fossils exist.
Who is denying drag queen story hour?