• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about Drag Queens

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I have never heard of this instance from any drag queens. I'm sure it has happened somewhere in time, but the % is probably either extremely low, or non-existent.

Yep. Care about others rights and equality regardless of gender or sexuality? Woke. Want to teach equality in schools? Woke. Ally of LGBTQ community? Oh, you must be woke and a groomer.

Any time conservatives don't like something, they accuse someone of being a groomer or being woke, or both.
Despite its origins, "woke" has been coopted by conservatives and is used as a lazy pejorative to refer to anything they don't like. Equal rights? Woke. Civil liberties? Woke. Green energy? Woke. Imitation meat? Woke. Secularism? Woke. Science? Woke. Higher education? Woke. Etc, etc.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Despite its origins, "woke" has been coopted by conservatives and is used as a lazy pejorative to refer to anything they don't like. Equal rights? Woke. Civil liberties? Woke. Green energy? Woke. Imitation meat? Woke. Secularism? Woke. Science? Woke. Higher education? Woke. Etc, etc.
Being kind to others? Woke. Feeding the poor? Woke. Forgiving others for their transgressions? Woke.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
"bigot-phobe-hater-fascist" are bromides those on the left throw around, rhetorical arm waves to end all rational discourse. Any rational parents, etc know why they have no business in schools.
How about answering the question instead of crying about what a victim you are for being asked a question?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The fact that activities that were once indisputably considered “adult” only, pole dancing, kink parades or drag performances — are suddenly being reframed as tools to 'educate children' under the guise of promoting tolerance is disturbing. Clearly in a less- secular country it was a matter of public agreement that it was inappropriate to expose children to sexually charged information, images, activities, performances which lowers their inhibitions and reduces their unease toward adult sexual' activities. I suppose the sincere goals, of “progress” means increasing a child’s familiarity with adult sexual materials or practices, as if that is needed for children? I note and could post articles , movements to normalize pedophilia in England and France, one petition calling for the British parliament to decriminalize sex between adults and children. They claimed a a , hypocritical moral regime that unduly restricts one’s 'rights'. Their efforts put in typical leftist 'rights' language, claiming that since sex is not shameful and children are intelligent, adults have no right to deprive children of sexual experiences. the same signers are now promoting Drag Queens in schools, I wont say names, but the example are too many to ignore.
Is this what you think happens when drag queens read to the kids for one hour? People are pole dancing for the kids?
It sounds like you've fallen down some kind of bizarre YouTube rabbit hole of inanity.

Dressing up is fun. Lighten up, dude. You must be a riot at Halloween.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Speaking of drag queens....
OIF.MR2O8JpHMM3FGiS9dj18Iw

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So, would black people without make-up play in the same shows, plays, videos as white people with black make-up?

If so, the accusation that it was because white people didn't want black people to perform in public doesn't hold any water.

It must have been for a different reason. I'm not familiar with this form of minstrel entertainment, and I thought the word minstrel meant something else before reading this thread.

Argentbear

So, would black people without make-up play in the same shows, plays, videos as white people with black make-up?

If so, the accusation that it was because white people didn't want black people to perform in public doesn't hold any water.

It must have been for a different reason. I'm not familiar with this form of minstrel entertainment, and I thought the word minstrel meant something else before reading this thread.
my understanding is that black people is such shows would wear the same black face make up as white performers.

I Am Hugh

Researcher
Do you ever look back in history at how men dressed and think wtf?

Complete with wigs, make-up, hosiery, and heels.

Yes, but that was men. You would never have seen a lady sporting a snazzy pantsuit in those days, I can tell you! Daisy Dukes?! Forget about it. We've come a long way, baby. Well, if you go by your image we've come complete circle, but that's beside the point. I want bean bags, lava lamps and bell bottoms to come back.