• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question -- not a debate but...about life on earth

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
lol, can't you see that? Yes. I made a mistake. :) oops. Again, if I understand correctly, it was a huge HOLE discovered on the sun --
Not really the case. it was a solar storm resulting in the rejection of solar flare that sends solar particles out into the solar system., which are common in the history of the Sun. The eye of a hurricane is not a hole in the earth. It is part of a storm on earth.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
So I read that scientists have discovered a black hole then a huge hole in the sun -- so what's to say the sun will definitely burn up and the Earth will not be existing any more? You can debate all you want to, but I am convinced science does not have the "answers" to life.
A resotto thread. Talking about cosmology and biology at the same time.
If you are so convinced that science does not have 'answer' to life, then only a fool will get into a debate with you.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
There is no telling by anyone what will happen for sure. Scientists don't claim to know anything for sure though (unlike certain people I could mention).

They claim to know what is most likely based on the observed evidence, and with a lot of things, that is extremely likely because there is some much consistent evidence. Pretty much everything we do in the modern world is based on scientific principles and on us all accepting those likely conclusions as fact. We couldn't actually do anything otherwise, including posting on this forum.

The simple bottom line is that there is absolutly nothing wrong with scientific method or practice, as long as it is used and understood correctly (which is where you either have, or are pretending to have, difficulty).
The best promises I have found are those in the Bible, which says the earth will remain forever. It will a beautiful place for everyone.

HonestJoe

The best promises I have found are those in the Bible, which says the earth will remain forever. It will a beautiful place for everyone.
What exactly does it have to do with your thread topic of "science having the answer to life"?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh! If "best promises" are your basis for which beliefs are true then you should become a Pasafarian. Pastafarian heaven is far superior to that of Christianity. There are far better promises in that religion than in yours.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Facts change, don't they?

Everything changes. Some facts change quickly, like today it's Saturday (in my part of the world) and that's a fact. Tomorrow, it will no longer be a fact. Some facts change very slowly, Like it is a fact that there exists life on this planet earth. Eventually though, the sun will expand into a red giant killing all life on the planet earth. Then it will no longer be a fact that the earth can sustain life.

Facts are what can currently be shown to be true or are presumed will remain true in the context of an argument but it is all temporal.

YoursTrue

What exactly does it have to do with your thread topic science having the answer to life"?
I have a feeling you either don't want to know, or will disagree. Therefore, I opt out and offer it between you and yourself perhaps.

YoursTrue

Oh! If "best promises" are your basis for which beliefs are true then you should become a Pasafarian. Pastafarian heaven is far superior to that of Christianity. There are far better promises in that religion than in yours.
Ok so maybe you can go there.

YoursTrue

You do not seem to understand that it is just as real as your heaven. Why don't you want to go there? Quob is far more moral than God. As a woman that should make you happy. You will not have to defend his evil and misogynistic acts to women. There is no need to lie for Quob. Yet so many Christians seem to find a need to lie for God.
I will tell you that not all "saved" will go to heaven. Not that you should believe it but you might want to check Revelation 21 which helps to understand more about what the Bible really says about the future. That's the first 5 verses doesn't take long to read.

YoursTrue

I think you meant Rastafarian, right?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I will tell you that not all "saved" will go to heaven. Not that you should believe it but you might want to check Revelation 21 which helps to understand more about what the Bible really says about the future. That's the first 5 verses doesn't take long to read.
And there is a major flaw right there in your religion. You are worshipping an immoral God. What is to say that such an immoral entity will not have another hissy fit as you had time and time again in the Old Testament where he would kill innocent and guilty alike? In your heaven a person would have to constantly be in fear of being tortured until he or she was consumed.

YoursTrue

And there is a major flaw right there in your religion. You are worshipping an immoral God. What is to say that such an immoral entity will not have another hissy fit as you had time and time again in the Old Testament where he would kill innocent and guilty alike? In your heaven a person would have to constantly be in fear of being tortured until he or she was consumed.
Lol no you do not yet understand the Bible. Sorry. I hope one day you will. Let's go back to your belief and evolution. Naturally evolution can't be immoral because it's not a person, right?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Lol no you do not yet understand the Bible. Sorry. I hope one day you will. Let's go back to your belief and evolution. Naturally evolution can't be immoral because it's not a person, right?
No, I have repeatedly shown that I understand it better than you do. You have your own false interpretation because you want God to be not what he is portrayed to be in the Bible. You cannot understand it because you want to claim that God is a loving God when the Bible clearly shows that he is not. He plays favorites and is immoral when it comes to anyone else and often immoral with his own people.

HonestJoe

I have a feeling you either don't want to know, or will disagree. Therefore, I opt out and offer it between you and yourself perhaps.
Why would I ask if I didn't want to know? I may well disagree but why are you concerned about that? Anyway, I did agree with your concluding statement in the OP in that science doesn't have guaranteed answers for anything and I extended the logic to nothing having guaranteed answers for anything. I'd only disagree if you then went on to assert something that contradicted that conclusion (especially if you asserted that you know for certain that it contradicts that conclusion :cool:).

Of course, you admitted that you didn't want a debate and you weren't even really asking a question. You just wanted to make an unchallenged attack on "science" because you somehow believe that supports you religious beliefs.

YoursTrue

No, I have repeatedly shown that I understand it better than you do. You have your own false interpretation because you want God to be not what he is portrayed to be in the Bible. You cannot understand it because you want to claim that God is a loving God when the Bible clearly shows that he is not. He plays favorites and is immoral when it comes to anyone else and often immoral with his own people.
Remember the Ethiopian eunuch. He was not a Jew but learned about Jesus in the book of Acts, after Jesus died.

YoursTrue

Why would I ask if I didn't want to know? I may well disagree but why are you concerned about that? Anyway, I did agree with your concluding statement in the OP in that science doesn't have guaranteed answers for anything and I extended the logic to nothing having guaranteed answers for anything. I'd only disagree if you then went on to assert something that contradicted that conclusion (especially if you asserted that you know for certain that it contradicts that conclusion :cool:).

Of course, you admitted that you didn't want a debate and you weren't even really asking a question. You just wanted to make an unchallenged attack on "science" because you somehow believe that supports you religious beliefs.
No not true.