• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question -- not a debate but...about life on earth

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
No, I have repeatedly shown that I understand it better than you do. You have your own false interpretation because you want God to be not what he is portrayed to be in the Bible. You cannot understand it because you want to claim that God is a loving God when the Bible clearly shows that he is not. He plays favorites and is immoral when it comes to anyone else and often immoral with his own people.
It's not a person, therefore it cannot be immoral. Or now that you mention it, maybe it is. Depends on how a person sees it. Reason: who sets the standards for right and wrong amidst evolution?

YoursTrue

You do not seem to understand that it is just as real as your heaven. Why don't you want to go there? Quob is far more moral than God. As a woman that should make you happy. You will not have to defend his evil and misogynistic acts to women. There is no need to lie for Quob. Yet so many Christians seem to find a need to lie for God.
Why don't I want to go where? To heaven?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's not a person, therefore it cannot be immoral. Or now that you mention it, maybe it is. Depends on how a person sees it. Reason: who sets the standards for right and wrong amidst evolution?
Incorrect. The ability to do right and wrong, and God clearly has that ability, means that a God can be immoral where nature cannot be.

God would have what is called agency. The ability to exert a power. Nature just is, it does not have a choice as God would have:

YoursTrue

Incorrect. The ability to do right and wrong, and God clearly has that ability, means that a God can be immoral where nature cannot be.

God would have what is called agency. The ability to exert a power. Nature just is, it does not have a choice as God would have:

I really do not understand what you are saying. Because you are the one defining right and wrong, or moral and immoral. You, like Eve, have made the decision to decide. :) At least you agree that nature cannot decide between good and evil.

YoursTrue

You don't believe in God anyway, so why not clarify your beliefs anyway. Let's also be honest, a little more perhaps. Many believe here that evolution and God can be intermingled. Why not ask them these questions? :) Maybe they can help you.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You don't believe in God anyway, so why not clarify your beliefs anyway. Let's also be honest, a little more perhaps. Many believe here that evolution and God can be intermingled. Why not ask them these questions? :) Maybe they can help you.
Why do you think that my personal beliefs matter? If anything that means that my answer is probably going to be more correct and honest than yours. Beliefs keep believers from being honest. We see this far too often with creationists. There is a saying that keeps getting confirmed:

There is no such thing as an honest and informed creationist.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Why do you think that my personal beliefs matter? If anything that means that my answer is probably going to be more correct and honest than yours. Beliefs keep believers from being honest. We see this far too often with creationists. There is a saying that keeps getting confirmed:

There is no such thing as an honest and informed creationist.

Well, if we class that kind of believers as subjectivists, then there is another kind of believers. The believers in only objective facts.
So there are also no honest and informed objectivists.
They both lie, just differently if we are to play the game of bad as per lying and not being honest.

YoursTrue

Well if you're not willing to explain your reasoning, you're forcing everyone to guess based on what you do say.
I hope you are willing to tell that to others who insult and who do not explain their reasoning.

HonestJoe

I hope you are willing to tell that to others who insult and who do not explain their reasoning.
I do, though it's typically more blatant. It was your subtle evasion that really caught the eye (which may well have been the point).

YoursTrue

I do, though it's typically more blatant. It was your subtle evasion that really caught the eye (which may well have been the point).
No, but now I don't remember what was being said anyway. :) And I don't think it's because I am getting older...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sorry I didn't watch it. But now I see. I like pasta but try to keep it down to a minimum. Maybe I shouldn't, restrict myself too much, good point.
It is a good idea that when you are asking questions and people provide you with sources you should check them out. In fact it is less than honest to not at least give a quick look at all links. If it is not a valid source then you can point it out If not then you have no excuse when people point out that that source refuted you. This one was not done to refute any of your claims, but it was done to educate you about a God with a far better heaven than yours has. Remember, you claimed to believe in God due to the promised heaven. By that standard you should be a Pastafarian. It has a more moral God and a better heaven.