• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions that evolutionists and billions of years proponents cannot answer but disprove their theories.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Stop the constant false accusations. Even for an evolutionists it is unseemly.

Have you ever read the Bible? Please try to give an honest answer.
I have read numerous versions of the Bible.

Which versions have you read?
Wait, your not knowing which one you currently use does not bode well for you knowing which ones you have read.

SavedByTheLord

You have fulfilled Biblical prophecy many times now.

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2 Tim 3:1-5

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You have fulfilled Biblical prophecy many times now.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
With your track record of being flat out wrong so much more than you are even marginally correct, it is rather difficult to take you seriously.

SavedByTheLord

With your track record of being flat out wrong so much more than you are even marginally correct, it is rather difficult to take you seriously.
Bingo. You have fulfilled Biblical prophecy many times now.

Which versions do you use?
Have you ever read the Bible?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Bingo. You have fulfilled Biblical prophecy many times now.

Which versions do you use?
Already answered
Have you ever read the Bible?
Already answered

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Ezekiel 18:20
The person who sins will die. A son will not be punished for his father’s sins, and a father will not be punished for his son’s sins. The righteousness of the righteous person will be his own, and the wickedness of the wicked person will be his own.
That is correct.
Genetics is something different. I don't think you believe what the Bible says but we are all descendants of Adam and Eve, whose genetic ability to keep living was changed and passed on sin and death after their sin, along with other sad consequences to their offspring.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
The NIV gives the modern interpretation of fowl which is bird.
But what does Leviticus 11:13 say in Hebrew? (That’s what really matters, doesn’t it? Because many translations are often misleading.)

The term used in Leviticus is “flying creatures”, which is הָע֔וֹף (hā·‘ō·wp̄)

Not “bird”, which is
צִפּ֥וֹר (ṣip·pō·wr)

The bat is certainly a “flying creature”!

A little research can do wonders, and keep people from being unwittingly dishonest.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That is correct.
Genetics is something different. I don't think you believe what the Bible says but we are all descendants of Adam and Eve, whose genetic ability to keep living was changed and passed on sin and death after their sin, along with other sad consequences to their offspring.

How can one be a descendant of a myth?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
That is correct.
The longest I seen the children pay for the sins of the fathers is ten generations.

Now I am no math expert, but I am pretty sure I am well past the tenth generation from Adam.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But what does Leviticus 11:13 say in Hebrew? (That’s what really matters, doesn’t it? Because many translations are often misleading.)

Not “bird”, which is
צִפּ֥וֹר (ṣip·pō·wr)

A little research can do wonders, and keep people from being unwittingly dishonest.
You may be right. But you still can't even begin to rescue the myths of Genesis.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The longest I seen the children pay for the sins of the fathers is ten generations.

Now I am no math expert, but I am pretty sure I am well past the tenth generation from Adam.
Most people, I believe, wouldn't know 10 generations back, that includes dna tests also, I'm pretty sure. So that statement could mean more than the literal passage of sin.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
The bible contains numerous errors.

No, nothing substantial, that alters or affects its tenets & doctrine.

If you think so, start a thread on one that you think is an error.

No Gish, just one or two (substantial) errors.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Since the topic of this thread bears directly on the flood and the fall why not keep up the discussion about errors here?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

Never said they were substantial. I doubt there are any books that are error free. What I find interesting is that some can't acknowledge a simple fact.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
They're still The Bible and therefore in error. A translation error is still an error.

Not “bird”, which is
צִפּ֥וֹר (ṣip·pō·wr)

I don't speak Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek and have to rely on English translations. Some may (perhaps rightfully) even question my English abilities.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
They're still The Bible and therefore in error. A translation error is still an error.
But copy errors cast no blight on the originals

Or I should say, errors made in newer copies, have no effect on older copies.

That’s really how manuscript scholars determine the accuracy of ancient writings.