• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Qur'an Vs Bible Vs Bhagavad Gita Vs None

Which is best?

• Bhagavad Gita

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Bible

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Qur'an

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • None

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters

Semmelweis Reflex

Antivaxxer
You seem to be confusing objective reality with our human way of labeling it, as well as with our culturally influenced organization of society.

I celebrate christmass. I don't need to believe in christ or santa to do so.
It doesn't make my life or world I inhabit "mythical" either.

You're missing the point. Watch the video.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I've never fully read the Quran, so I didn't vote. Between the first two. I can't say which is best. Both are equally illustrative of their purposes and intents. Neither of them worthless for their cause. Both good reads. When I get around to reading the Quran I may feel the same way about it.
When one starts reading the Quran, and it is not a voluminous book, please read it three times:
  1. In the first reading go on reading from cover to cover to get familiarize with it.
  2. In the second reading make notes or question, if any
  3. In the third reading see if those questions are solved by the Quran in the context verses or elsewhere, strike down those that stand solved and discuss other one's here, please.
Right?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
View attachment 63555
I read 2 out of 3 and touched on a summary with one of the others. Which one do you believe is the best and give your reasons for why. For those that think none of them are any good, state your reasons as well.
I have read all the three of them and prefer them from "God is not Great" of Christopher Hitchens. Right?

Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me
View attachment 63555
I read 2 out of 3 and touched on a summary with one of the others. Which one do you believe is the best and give your reasons for why. For those that think none of them are any good, state your reasons as well.

The Gita is not the word of God.

The Qu'ran is the Word of God but only mentions the Gospel.

The Bible is the Word of God and has the Gospel.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I chose none. From my perspective, all three are myth systems built upon artificial constructs of reality. I much prefer learning about and understanding actual reality.

In my opinion.

According to Christian Scientists, nothing is real except God; everything else is transitory.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Gita is not the word of God.

The Qu'ran is the Word of God but only mentions the Gospel.

The Bible is the Word of God and has the Gospel.
I do not think any of these are literally the word of God but the Qur'an is closer to the Word of God than the Bible, which was written by men. Both the Gita and the Bible came to us by way of oral tradition and were written by men so I don't see how they can be considered the Word of God. The Qu'ran by contrast was dictated by Muhammad and later written down so it is more authentic than the Bible or the Gita.

BrightShadow

View attachment 63555

What did you mean by asking - which of the three book is the best? In what regard? Truth?

The best tool you ever need to find the truth - is your conscience, your sense of reasoning, your dedications and your intend. You are already born with all these things. As long as you have an open (unbiased) mind and you haven't given in to any outside influence - then you can learn the "true way" in bits and pieces even from a simple soccer magazine. Even a specific soccer magazine can tell you - "match fixing" is wrong!
So, when you consult any of these books - what you get is what you paid for (invested)!
If your intention is to find something negatives then you can get that even from an article from the soccer magazine - where they teach you how not to hurt someone with you soccer boots or the spikes. You can reverse that and learn how to hurt using the boots!
It is all up to you!
I personally like a specific verse from Quran [2:62] - to paraphrase it - it pretty much says - anyone who believes in a "monotheistic" concept, believes in a judgment day and lead a righteous life - they have nothing to fear. They will be rewarded!
Since I do believe in a single God concept, believe that we will face God to answer one day and trying to lead a honest life - so, it is good to know there is nothing to fear!
I am sure almost all religious doctrines have many productive things to say - you may get it or you may fly by it in a superficial manner or you may never read it at all.
I also believe the truth is scattered among many religious doctrines. This is why many people are holding on to their versions. When they see one thing wrong in one religion (one fabrication, one wrong conclusion by its primary believers) - they believe their whole religion is wrong.

If a religion has sects - I would recommend to stay away from it because its own believers can't decide what is the truth. They identify themselves to show others got it wrong!
Find your own truth!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If a religion has sects - I would recommend to stay away from it because its own believers can't decide what is the truth. They identify themselves to show others got it wrong!
Find your own truth!
All the older religions have sects. The way to avoid sects is to accept the latest religion from God that was revealed by a Messenger of God who put protections in place to prevent division. That religion is the Baha'i Faith.

I do not believe we can know the truth about God without a Messenger of God, who serves as a mediator between God and man. God never speaks to man directly, He only speaks through a Messenger who is both divine and human, thus he can bridge the gape between God and man.

BrightShadow

All the older religions have sects. The way to avoid sects is to accept the latest religion from God that was revealed by a Messenger of God who put protections in place to prevent division. That religion is the Baha'i Faith.

I do not believe we can know the truth about God without a Messenger of God, who serves as a mediator between God and man. God never speaks to man directly, He only speaks through a Messenger who is both divine and human, thus he can bridge the gape between God and man.

God does speak to man directly. Not every man will tell you about it. But there are other ways to seek the truth as well. Messengers job is only to deliver message and a so-called messenger who has passed away - cannot answer any questions anymore. We are all on our own. On Judgment day - we all will stand on our own ground. Try practicing from now!

Bree

View attachment 63555

The bible. It is Gods communication with mankind. Shows how he thinks and feels and explains how we can be united with him and what he will do for us.
It is a book about God, it is a book that helps us to get to know God and it is a book that shows us what the future holds in store for mankind.
It explains where we came from, how we got here, how God created the earth, why death and suffering exist and how they will soon be no more.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The bible. It is Gods communication with mankind. Shows how he thinks and feels and explains how we can be united with him and what he will do for us.
It is a book about God, it is a book that helps us to get to know God and it is a book that shows us what the future holds in store for mankind.
It explains where we came from, how we got here, how God created the earth, why death and suffering exist and how they will soon be no more.
The Bible is a book that men wrote about God, it is not God's communication to mankind.

The Bible explained lots of things to ancient peoples who did not have the level of understanding human have in this new age and much if it is no longer pertinent.
For example, the earth was not created in six days, that is now common scientific knowledge.

The Bible can be interpreted to say whatever people want to believe, which is why Christians are so divided and do not have the same beliefs about many things, including what the future holds and where they will go after they die.

Bree

The Bible is a book that men wrote about God, it is not God's communication to mankind.

it contains prophecy which no man has the ability to know. There are far too many prophecies fulfilled to the detail that shows it came from a higher source then mere mortal man.

It correctly states that the earth is in space hanging on nothing which a sheep herder 3,000 years ago would not have known. It gives advice on cleanliness that was way ahead of its time. The wise counsel shows a very deep understanding of the human heart and mind....the type of understanding that you would expect the creator to know.

The Bible explained lots of things to ancient peoples who did not have the level of understanding human have in this new age and much if it is no longer pertinent.
For example, the earth was not created in six days, that is now common scientific knowledge.

the bible doest say it was.

It describes the creative days in terms of 'events' and, as you say, presented it in a way that the ancient people might understand.

A 'Yom' is a time period, a day, a month, a week, an eon....the hebrew word used is very general and wide in its scope of meanings.

The Bible can be interpreted to say whatever people want to believe, which is why Christians are so divided and do not have the same beliefs about many things, including what the future holds and where they will go after they die.

on that point i agree! And this is why the bible needs to be understood with the help of Gods holy spirit. It is not an intellectuals book by any means. And it is Gods book therefore if God gives you understanding, you will understand and if he doesnt, you can believe anything you want and read anything into the text you want which is what most people do.

Last edited: