• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Race riots in England

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
While I normally vote liberal on this occasion I chose to vote labour for tactical considerations. As did many others.
There was no chance that I would vote for the discredited Tories. Or the destructive Reform party largely owned by Farage.

Good for you,I’m off to do one my volunteering shifts for people in cost of living crisis,ironically the numbers needing help have reduced significantly under the Tories but we’re already projecting a very busy winter under labour because of the cold weather payment being taken away,cheers.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
The riots are about unfettered mass immigration.
It isn't 'unfettered', and what's the actual problem with it?

The vast majority of immigration is due to our need to get overseas workers into the country to fill posts in the NHS and other services along with students who come here to study, pay large fees to universities to subsidise our own students and then go back to their own countries.

If people are not getting housing, benefits, jobs or whatever, that isn't because of immigration, it's because of the last government's incompetence.

From the slogans and actions of the rioters, they seem to be just simple-minded racists and conspiracy-theorists, stoked up by hatemongers like Farage and Yaxley-Lennon.

You can blame immigration on government policy if you want to blame anybody, but the mindless thugs that are rioting are out to attack the police, Muslims, generally destroy property, and looting.

Anyway, great news from last night!

RestlessSoul

Good for you,I’m off to do one my volunteering shifts for people in cost of living crisis,ironically the numbers needing help have reduced significantly under the Tories but we’re already projecting a very busy winter under labour because of the cold weather payment being taken away,cheers.

There were no food banks and no need for them before the Tories started their brutal austerity program.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Amazing pictures on BBC News this morning. Many hundreds turned out to support the immigration centres and mosques all around the country.

And the first jail sentences are being handed out to the racist thugs. I do hope they catch those morons who were photographed filling shopping bags with cigarettes at a burgled shop.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I have not once condoned the violence or ever will,he acted like the authoritarian that he is.

As the prime minister. He acted with the authority of that office, like all prime ministers before him.
Recalling parliament would have served no useful purpose, and would have wasted time, in which further escalation of criminal action would have taken place.
He did not take action in a vacuum, he consulted Cobra and formulated the necessary actions with them.
This was the same procedure followed by the late Tory Government and laid down by law.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
It’s true it was and shame on the person who gave that false info and should face accountability for it but mass immigration is not a conspiracy is it.

What do you mean by mass immigration. Immigration is always individual and is legal.as are asylum seekers.
Those who arrived on these shores illegally are not immigrants but some may be able to justifiably claim, and be granted, asylum. Those that do not qualify are deported after going through the necessary legalities.

It is clear that the adminstration of the legal and deportation process established by the previous government is hopelessly inept. It must be hoped that the new Government will soon come to grips with the situation to everyone's satisfaction. And also establish a clear distinction between immigrants, and illegals.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Interestingly a large majority of arrested rioters are being held in custody, and not give bail, as was usually the case in the past.
They are also being brought before the courts without the usual delays. With some already sentenced.
This is all a far swifter process than we have seen from the previous government.
This removes the leaders and more violent offenders from the streets and prevents them from formulating further criminal actions.

Sign o' the times:

In England, a young Christian autistic man with English citizenship kills a couple of children. In response, agitated groups demonstrate against Islam. In a forum for discussing religion, it is stated that the evil Russian is to blame for everything.

You know, sometimes I get carried away with sarcastic remarks, but this time I just sit back and enjoy the show.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

I am one of those that will no longer get winter fuel payments.
However those able to claim almost any other financial support will continue to receive them.

It would certainly be nice to continue to receive them, but I can not convince even myself, that they were entirely necessary.
What I do find somewhat frustrating is that many 'poorer' Pensioners actually receive more in terms of pensions and total benefits, than I do, because my marginal private pension and savings, takes me outside the threshold, for any additional benefits at all.
I am not sure that the all or nothing benefits process is at all equitable.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Sign o' the times:

In England, a young Christian autistic man with English citizenship kills a couple of children. In response, agitated groups demonstrate against Islam. In a forum for discussing religion, it is stated that the evil Russian is to blame for everything.

You know, sometimes I get carried away with sarcastic remarks, but this time I just sit back and enjoy the show.

It was three children killed and more injured,
I was not aware that he was said to be autistic or Russian.
That to me is irrelevant.
Nor does any thing about this justify widespread rioting and looting.

The Riots were set off by those with an agenda, who inflamed the situation through social media, giving false information and conspiracy theories, blaming immigrants, Muslims, and any one their prejudiced minds could attack. This was particularly effective when aimed at the less educated extreme right wing and criminal, already prejudiced sector of the population.

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
..there are many who do not commit violence that have legitimate concerns about unfettered immigration..
Agreed upon .. and I suppose youth, being what it is, gets mixed up with undesirables.

Let’s face facts,one month in and Labour (champions of the working class hahaha) have taken away the cold weather payment away and lost control of the country because of an authoritarian prime minister who will be equally as useless as the Tory’s on immigration.
They haven't lost control of the country .. Trump and Elon would like that, wouldn't they?

Just what the Remainers said all along ... but it was dismissed as Project Fear.

Remainers said that Britain should stay in the EU to keep out the brown folk?

Do you have any links to that?

If they’d gone big on that they’d probably have won, but I don’t remember anyone pandering to prejudice in that manner.

I wasn’t there so might have missed it, but who actually made the “vote remain for a whiter Britain” argument?

RestlessSoul

Remainers said that Britain should stay in the EU to keep out the brown folk?

Do you have any links to that?

If they’d gone big on that they’d probably have won, but I don’t remember anyone pandering to prejudice in that manner.

I wasn’t there so might have missed it, but who actually made the “vote remain for a whiter Britain” argument?

Quite a number of people voted Leave for exactly those reasons. Anecdotal evidence I know, but one example would be my mum’s oldest friend, who voted ‘Leave’ so her grandchildren “wouldn’t have to grow up under Sharia Law” (in Bury-St-Edmunds).

Do you think it’s a coincidence, btw, that the areas which saw the worst of the rioting were the areas that voted Leave in large numbers?