• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Race riots in England

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The riots started in Southport based on false information that the attacker was an immigrant muslim.

So no, they are about conspiracy theories.

It’s true it was and shame on the person who gave that false info and should face accountability for it but mass immigration is not a conspiracy is it.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
This is a fairly universal problem today.. the riots attract the same sort of people as Maga in the USA.
They are attracted by the same sort of rhetoric as given out by Trump Farage and Robinson. And any other conspiracy theories that become spread on social media.

In the UK they tend to blame all their problems on incomers of all kinds, and want to make England White again, though along the easts coast it is as much against European migrant workers.and fishing boats.

Unfortunately these people feel empowered by the successes of Reform in the recent election.

At the same time as these protests, we have shortages of skilled labour especially in the NHS, the care industry, hospitality, and agriculture.
The people protesting against having their jobs taken, are either unwilling, unsuitable or too unskilled to fill these many vacancies..

The actual rioters are on the uneducated fringes of society often supporting themselves on the margins of criminality. However their leaders are usually fluent rabble rousers in the mould of Farage and Robinson, who keep themselves well away from the ongoing action while fanning the flames on social media.

Guess you voted labour then lol

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Interesting that after 14 years of conservative mismanagement of the immigration and within weeks of labour coming to government that a bunch of right wing idiots who think attacking Muslims and burning buildings and vehicles is the way to democracy hit the headlines.

I agree about Tory mismanagement or attacking Muslims and arson should be unanimously condemned but there are many who do not commit violence that have legitimate concerns about unfettered immigration.

Let’s face facts,one month in and Labour (champions of the working class hahaha) have taken away the cold weather payment away and lost control of the country because of an authoritarian prime minister who will be equally as useless as the Tory’s on immigration.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I agree about Tory mismanagement or attacking Muslims and arson should be unanimously condemned but there are many who do not commit violence that have legitimate concerns about unfettered immigration.

Let’s face facts,one month in and Labour (champions of the working class hahaha) have taken away the cold weather payment away and lost control of the country because of an authoritarian prime minister who will be equally as useless as the Tory’s on immigration.

We are not talking about the ones who don't commit violence.

We've already done the what aboutism of conservatives taking cold weather payments and freezing pensions for overseas brits.

It it not the PMs fault that the riots and violence are happening, blame the rioters for that mess

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
We are not talking about the ones who don't commit violence.

We've already done the what aboutism of conservatives taking cold weather payments and freezing pensions for overseas brits.

It it not the PMs fault that the riots and violence are happening, blame the rioters for that mess

He mishandled it,he could have called for calm and recalled parliament but instead he went to war on the British people,totally dismissing peoples concerns.

RestlessSoul

I don't agree, the protestors are predominently racist. At least last night the true patriots turned out.

Anyway, wasn't Brexit going to sort the immigration problem, that's what you and Nigel told me.

The law of unintended consequences; Brexit dissuaded the mainly white, Christian East European immigrants from coming here. This caused the Tory government (the same government which had been gaslighting the electorate with anti-immigrant rhetoric) to issue multiple visas to applicants from further afield, where people are less likely to be white and more likely to be Muslim.

RestlessSoul

He mishandled it,he could have called for calm and recalled parliament but instead he went to war on the British people,totally dismissing peoples concerns.

He’s handled it pretty well so far imo. The first priority was to lock up the miscreants and stop the rioting; job done there. Addressing the underlying issues, which are far more complex than the right wing populists would have you believe, will take a little longer.

Altfish

Veteran Member
The law of unintended consequences; Brexit dissuaded the mainly white, Christian East European immigrants from coming here. This caused the Tory government (the same government which had been gaslighting the electorate with anti-immigrant rhetoric) to issue multiple visas to applicants from further afield, where people are less likely to be white and more likely to be Muslim.
Just what the Remainers said all along ... but it was dismissed as Project Fear.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I don't agree, the protestors are predominently racist. At least last night the true patriots turned out.

Anyway, wasn't Brexit going to sort the immigration problem, that's what you and Nigel told me.

Britain is not a racist country,go to any football or rugby match,the teams and crowds show how that’s not true.

Brexit changed how things have developed,is Ireland any better off being in the EU concerning immigration,I doubt that as they’ve had a sudden influx of immigrants that makes 20% of their population so although Brexit failed in that staying in wouldn’t either,this is observable all over Europe.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
He’s handled it pretty well so far imo. The first priority was to lock up the miscreants and stop the rioting; job done there. Addressing the underlying issues, which are far more complex than the right wing populists would have you believe, will take a little longer.

Don’t hold your breath.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Guess you voted labour then lol

While I normally vote liberal on this occasion I chose to vote labour for tactical considerations. As did many others.
There was no chance that I would vote for the discredited Tories. Or the destructive Reform party largely owned by Farage.

From wiki
The Reform Party is a limited company (the Reform UK Party Limited)[8] with fifteen shares. Farage owns eight of these, giving him a controlling majority. The other shareholders are Tice, who holds five, and Chief Executive Paul Oakden and Party Treasurer Mehrtash A'Zami who each hold one share.[8][9

Last edited: