• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Race riots in England

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Hatred is self destructive so I agree on that although I should be barbecued according to the Quran

Resources are a problem true,the poorest cities,Muslims have the highest rate of unemployment,why is that?

We had the enlightenment hundreds of years ago and it has progressed.

Britain has lived in a war zone and bought the t-shirt,been there done that,having an opinion is not stirring up hate,being able to have an opinion is precious but to promote hatred is not.
\

Evidence shows quite clearly that unrestricted free speech on social media has become a conduit for hate.
In the UK that hate has become targeted against foreigners and incomers.
Even government policy has encouraged some of that hatred towards China. To the point,, that like Brexit
It has damaged trade relations with them, as Brexit did with Europe.
The people who. Suffer most from this are we ourselves.

Interestingly. china. Has recently jailed a woman for inciting violence on social media..
That is something that we should also do here. Free speech on social media should never be used as a get out of jail card, to break the law.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
\

Evidence shows quite clearly that unrestricted free speech on social media has become a conduit for hate.

Religion is the perfect conduit for hate,logic and common sense less likely.
Even government policy has encouraged some of that hatred towards China. To the point,, that like Brexit

Personally I have no hate for anyone but I’m unaware of hatred towards China,maybe frustration of some of their products
Interestingly. china. Has recently jailed a woman for inciting violence on social media..
That is something that we should also do here. Free speech on social media should never be used as a get out of jail card, to break the law.

What is free speech to you?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Religion is the perfect conduit for hate,logic and common sense less likely.

Personally I have no hate for anyone but I’m unaware of hatred towards China,maybe frustration of some of their products

What is free speech to you?

Free speech has become an unsupportable mantra.

Speech if free to the extent it comes with consequences.
It is up to you to decide whether braying for an uprising is worth the jail time that follows.

Like in China several people have been jailed this week, for what they have said on social media encouraging the riots. (Mostly on X twitter)

I can see the time coming when Elon Musk is prosecuted.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Free speech has become an unsupportable mantra.

Speech if free to the extent it comes with consequences.
It is up to you to decide whether braying for an uprising is worth the jail time that follows.

Like in China several people have been jailed this week, for what they have said on social media encouraging the riots. (Mostly on X twitter)

I can see the time coming when Elon Musk is prosecuted.

Free speech is a precious right,inciting violence is what it is and nobody has the right to do that.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
We all probably have minor variations on a basic theme. Would you agree that a post asking people to go burn down a hotel during a riot is not and should not be protected as "free speech"?

Of course not,inciting violence cannot be protected as “free speech” because inciting violence is a crime.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I disagree. Expressing the wish that violence shall happen is not violent action. The wrongdoers are those who commit violence, not those who speak.
You can disagree as much as you like,
That is not how British law sees it.
Inciting violence is a crime in itself
This can be in person in writing or on social media.
Punishable with a prison sentence
You can also be charged with being an accessory to the resulting crimes committed, which can put you away for even longer.
There is no defence of free speech.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I disagree. Expressing the wish that violence shall happen is not violent action. The wrongdoers are those who commit violence, not those who speak.

So Hitler inciting Kristallnacht was ok?,aMuslim hate preacher just got life for inciting terrorist acts and radicalisation of young men to carry them out,it’s the gun that does the damage but it’s who pulls the trigger that kills

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I was not aware that this discussion is limited to British laws.

It is not. But I know of no country where freedom of speech is absolute.
It is always subject to the moderation of other laws.
I know of no country where you are free to excite others to violence.

In thee UK we have very long established common laws that have formed the basis of law for many other countries including the USA which still bases it's own law on them.

RestlessSoul

\

At least three people have been remanded in custody and now face gaol sentences, for inciting violence on social media following last weeks riots.

Riots and disorder in the UK: First jail terms handed down for social media posts during unrest

So Hitler inciting Kristallnacht was ok?

Godwin's law - Wikipedia fulfilled again.
Anyway, the problem with the Kristallnacht was not "Hitler said", but "people did", don't you agree?

it’s the gun that does the damage but it’s who pulls the trigger that kills

So what you are saying is that people are inanimate objects with no free will who have no choice but to do what other people tell them to do?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Godwin's law - Wikipedia fulfilled again.
Anyway, the problem with the Kristallnacht was not "Hitler said", but "people did", don't you agree?

No I don’t agree,would January 6th have happened if Trump hadn’t invited it?.
So what you are saying is that people are inanimate objects with no free will who have no choice but to do what other people tell them to do?

Definitely not,some people can be easily led,religion is a good example as is politics.

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
As I said free speech is moderated by many laws. In this and other countries.
Speech is free except when it is not....

Seems the “free Palestine” marches weren’t,a clear incitement to violence against anyone Jewish but it depends on the moderator I guess,no consequences for some.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Seems the “free Palestine” marches weren’t,a clear incitement to violence against anyone Jewish but it depends on the moderator I guess,no consequences for some.

I am not sure that support for protagonists in an active war would be judged to be incitement to violence, whoever the protagonists are..
Though Jews do seem to have special protective laws.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I am not sure that support for protagonists in an active war would be judged to be incitement to violence, whoever the protagonists are..
Though Jews do seem to have special protective laws.

I’m quite sure as are the people chanting “from the river to the sea” means the annihilation of Israelis a consequence the Jewish community were asked not to look too Jewish,is that special protective laws?.

PS the British Jewish people are here not there,the people inciting violence against Israel aren’t there either and the people who decide what happens there are not here either,go figure.

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
I’m quite sure as are the people chanting “from the river to the sea” means the annihilation of Israelis..
There's a war going on over there .. if you hadn't noticed.
I'm sure the same sentiment was expressed by France, when they were occupied.

To keep the peace, one has to be objective.
Religious extremists on both sides perpetuate this war.
Did God create the whole of mankind, or just one particular party?

We all return to God eventually, and He will judge between us.
Nobody is guaranteed success, whatever religion they profess.