• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racist memes spread after false claims that immigrants kill and eat pets.

Argentbear

Yes.

I am making a logical argument to prove that it could have happened in this way, regardless of whether it did.

And now I'm being called a racist. If white natives were sacrificing animals I'd say the same about them. Europeans tend to steal pets for profit and it's a problem in England.

Is that racist?
Falsely claiming that immigrants are taking the pets of American citizens (implied white citizens) to sacrifice and eat is racist

Argentbear

I can't be bothered. I've made myself clear. I have responded to as many who addressed me as I felt the need to.

It's clear that the majority here believe this was made up out of thin air by random anti immigrant groups. I don't believe that kind of thing.

My thesis is there is likely a kernel of truth to the rumours. My posts explain why. I'm prepared to be wrong.

But when these threads devolve into calling me a racist I am not going to play that game.
who exactly called you a racist. Please quote them.

Pogo

Lmao I'm a racist now.

For making a logical argument.

Poor people tend to steal = racism.

Lol.
No, but what you failed massively to do was make any connection between economic situation and the claim that Haitians were doing this imaginary action. Your assumption that because they were Haitian and or practiced rare religious practices in the absence of evidence is bad logic and a common example of racist practices.
You appear to be operating under a set of poor biases and not actually applying logic to your statements which requires evidence for them. Just because something is logically possible does not mean it is a reasonable logical explanation.

Pogo

The whole "They're coming to eat your pets!" line was good, but I still like the "They're doing transgender surgeries on illegal immigrants in prisons!" the most
It did get lost in the shuffle, thanks for the reminder maybe.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Falsely claiming that immigrants are taking the pets of American citizens (implied white citizens) to sacrifice and eat is racist
I said it may be happening and here is why.

That's a logical deduction.

It's called playing Devil's Advocate.

I'm putting forward an argument.

Also why is it always about race with you people. Race doesn't exist. Different cultures do.

I don't even live in the US I don't care which group is doing what. I'm making arguments for you guys to interact with.

Race this race that.

Other cultures have other practices. All cultures have thieves.

If don't know why this is so sensitive for people. How would you respond if some Haitians were doing this? Would you assume all of them were? No. That's stupid.

Stop putting that on me, it's Anglophobic.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
No, but what you failed massively to do was make any connection between economic situation and the claim that Haitians were doing this imaginary action. Your assumption that because they were Haitian and or practiced rare religious practices in the absence of evidence is bad logic and a common example of racist practices.
You appear to be operating under a set of poor biases and not actually applying logic to your statements which requires evidence for them. Just because something is logically possible does not mean it is a reasonable logical explanation.
Rare??

Why would they emigrate if they were well off?

They are not exactly making bank. This is not a secret.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
The picture was actually taken here in Columbus, OH, on Cleveland Ave. So it's a real picture but wrong location. The guy could be Haitian because there's a lot of them here, as well. If not, he's likely from Africa. We have a ton of migrants in this city.

And he could be a sixth generation American who has no problem with grabbing an aggressive goose by the neck and taking it home . . . or maybe he's taking it to a park to release it. Those rascals will try to take possession of a parking lot in a quickness and attempt to keep you away from your own car. Pictures are not always worth a thousand words -- at least not a thousand words of truth.

Pogo

I can't be bothered. I've made myself clear. I have responded to as many who addressed me as I felt the need to.

It's clear that the majority here believe this was made up out of thin air by random anti immigrant groups. I don't believe that kind of thing.
Unfortunately, this is where you are majorly wrong, there was a tragic accident in Springfield last year that heightened tensions that were later picked up by far right wing persons who created a meme out of whole cloth that was spread by the right wing and eventually picked up by "normal" politicians who are using it to foment antagonism against democrats and immigrants in general.
Sorry as disgusting as it seems that is the reality in this country. You have seen very similar actions in the UK recently for the same reasons, and to try to minimize it by saying without evidence that you think it may just be one of those things is to deny reality.
My thesis is there is likely a kernel of truth to the rumours. My posts explain why. I'm prepared to be wrong.

But when these threads devolve into calling me a racist I am not going to play that game.
Your "thesis" was demonstrated failed almost immediately , but you doubled down on it numerous times rather than recognizing your error, which it seems you still haven't.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
And he could be a sixth generation American who has no problem with grabbing an aggressive goose by the neck and taking it home . . . or maybe he's taking it to a park to release it. Those rascals will try to take possession of a parking lot in a quickness and attempt to keep you away from your own car. Pictures are not always worth a thousand words -- at least not a thousand words of truth.
The guy who took the pic said he wasn't an American and that he barely knew English. It's also illegal to kill or maim geese. If you find them dead on the street or whatever, you call the city to pick it up like with dead animals in general. The animal is clearly dead. He's not holding it by the neck.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
"As of May 2024, Haiti has no remaining elected government officials and has been described as a failed state.[33][34]"
"Historically poor and politically unstable, Haiti has the lowest Human Development Index in the Americas.[39]"

Wiki.

Sounds like it's full of poor, desperate people to me.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
The guy who took the pic said he wasn't an American and that he barely knew English. It's also illegal to kill or maim geese. If you find them dead on the street or whatever, you call the city to pick it up like with dead animals in general. The animal is clearly dead. He's not holding it by the neck.
But my point is you don't know all that by a picture and this photo has been used to inflame the public. I heard the man in the orange hooded sweatshirt speak, and he was speaking on the dangerous driving that had increased in Springfield. He said nothing about pets or any of the rest that is being used to increase falsehood, fear, and divide, though he too was pointing a direct finger to the Haitian community.

Pogo

Stop putting that on me, it's Anglophobic
wqzskdyz-1342582123.jpg

PureX

Veteran Member
"As of May 2024, Haiti has no remaining elected government officials and has been described as a failed state.[33][34]"
"Historically poor and politically unstable, Haiti has the lowest Human Development Index in the Americas.[39]"

Wiki.

Sounds like it's full of poor, desperate people to me.
And a lot of brutal violence.