• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racist memes spread after false claims that immigrants kill and eat pets.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
"Logical" arguments aren't evidence.
They're arguments.

For instance, how did you get from Step 3 to Step 4?
And as I asked in my last post, how did we get from "sacrificing birds" to "maybe" stealing dogs and cats from peoples' backyards and eating them?
Yes.

I am making a logical argument to prove that it could have happened in this way, regardless of whether it did.

And now I'm being called a racist. If white natives were sacrificing animals I'd say the same about them. Europeans tend to steal pets for profit and it's a problem in England.

Is that racist?

A lot of assumptions were made about me on this thread. All I did was make a logical deduction as to how it could have happened had it done.

This is me being fair to both sides. I didn't ever say it actually happened but that it could and why.

This is neither racist nor offensive. It's an inference from known facts.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Yes.

I am making a logical argument to prove that it could have happened in this way, regardless of whether it did.
Sure, it's possible. Most anything is. But who cares?

I want to know if it actually happened. And so far it looks like that's a no.
And now I'm being called a racist. If white natives were sacrificing animals I'd say the same about them. Europeans tend to steal pets for profit and it's a problem in England.
I haven't called you a racist. You should take it up with the person who did.
Is that racist?
I think it's a claim you've made.
A lot of assumptions were made about me on this thread. All I did was make a logical deduction as to how it could have happened had it done.
Again, you should take it up with those people.

I addressed your "logical deduction" and instead of addressing what I've said in response, you've decided to complain about your treatment by other posters to me.
This is me being fair to both sides. I didn't ever say it actually happened but that it could and why.

I'd love for you to address the content of my post that was in response to your "logical deduction." I asked you a number of questions that I don't see any response to here.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Sure, it's possible. Most anything is. But who cares?

I want to know if it actually happened. And so far it looks like that's a no.

I haven't called you a racist. You should take it up with the person who did.

I think it's a claim you've made.

Again, you should take it up with those people.

I addressed your "logical deduction" and instead of addressing what I've said in response, you've decided to complain about your treatment by other posters to me.

I'd love for you to address the content of my post that was in response to your "logical deduction." I asked you a number of questions that I don't see any response to here.
I can't be bothered. I've made myself clear. I have responded to as many who addressed me as I felt the need to.

It's clear that the majority here believe this was made up out of thin air by random anti immigrant groups. I don't believe that kind of thing.

My thesis is there is likely a kernel of truth to the rumours. My posts explain why. I'm prepared to be wrong.

But when these threads devolve into calling me a racist I am not going to play that game.

Colt

It seems the right is doubling down even after local police claimed there was no evidence to support the accusations.
IMG_2756.jpeg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Except it's as rooted in reality and has exactly just as much supporting evidence as any bull**** against the Jews that you can think of.
These sorts of baseless lies get people hurt and killed. And they are baseless as there is no supporting evidence and even you introduced factors that are not a part of the claim to make it seem plausible it happened. But xenophobia is the only thing happening.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
It sounds as though you are more worried about immigrants and have some investment in this. As though just pointing stuff out that could have happened is bad of itself. That sounds like your problem, not mine.
America is a country of immigrants, so yes, many of us consider their welfare important. We remember our history and how each segregated group in times past have been unfairly treated. I even remember all the hateful rhetoric of the early 60s when "the British Invasion" caused the young people to dress weird and grow their hair down into their eyes and music lyrics no longer made sense. . . yeah, yeah, yeah.

I find it encouraging that a substantial number speak up and say NO, that's not fair!

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I can't be bothered. I've made myself clear. I have responded to as many who addressed me as I felt the need to.

It's clear that the majority here believe this was made up out of thin air by random anti immigrant groups. I don't believe that kind of thing.

My thesis is there is likely a kernel of truth to the rumours. My posts explain why. I'm prepared to be wrong.

But when these threads devolve into calling me a racist I am not going to play that game.
In the EU and UK is there a tendency to conflate racism with other things such as opposition to massive immigration policies? I am asking if your governments clamp down on negative information such as the race or national status of a criminal and make it illegal to say anything like what has been said here about Haitian migrants. Is that correct? Here it is not illegal as you can see with Colt's post.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
There are many people from Kenya in my local. All legally here.
I don't know who is legal or not. It's a mix. We've had a deluge of immigrants in this city over the past decade or so. They dump tons of refugees here, too. It's really extraordinary how much things have changed. A huge part of the area where I lived as a child here is basically Somalia now.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
In the EU and UK is there a tendency to conflate racism with other things such as opposition to massive immigration policies? I am asking if your governments clamp down on negative information such as the race or national status of a criminal and make it illegal to say anything like what has been said here about Haitian migrants. Is that correct? Here it is not illegal as you can see with Colt's post.
It's not common practice to state someone's race.

Argentbear

Yes but...

As a centrist I agree the far right is a problem in many ways. full stop.

But the far left is also a problem. Many on the far left make racism THE MOST IMPORTANT THING !! And it's just not. And over-the-top, far left activism on racism just feeds into what the far right does, AND it turns off many centrists.
Spoken like someone who has never been on the receiving end of racism