• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rape?

Alceste

Vagabond
Why do people buy sex dolls?

Same reason people buy vibrators. It's a wanking aid. I am certain people are not confusing living, thinking, feeling human beings with balloons with faces painted on.

Actually, I think people mostly buy them for practical jokes and stag parties.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Same reason people buy vibrators. It's a wanking aid. I am certain people are not confusing living, thinking, feeling human beings with balloons with faces painted on.

Actually, I think people mostly buy them for practical jokes and stag parties.

Someone as deranged as to rape someone else for sexual urge alone is pretty much just getting a better wanking aid. (in his head)

Alceste

Vagabond
What would you do if no one wanted too have sex with you? what would you do then?

Masturbate.

I don't see the problem.

If you have trouble making the kinds of social connections that lead to mating opportunities - even for guys with no money and only one eye - you need therapy, not a raping spree.

Poisonshady313

Masturbate.

I don't see the problem.

If you have trouble making the kinds of social connections that lead to mating opportunities - even for guys with no money and only one eye - you need therapy, not a raping spree.

Abandoning a simple/reasonable solution to the problem of obtaining something someone wants is the thing that separates the criminal from " "most people".

This doesn't excuse or justify the criminal. It just points out what his initial motivation was.

Alceste

Vagabond
Violence.

Would you assert that robbing a bank at gunpoint has nothing to do with money, but that it's an act of violence?

Meh. Again I am simply unable to draw a parallel between rape and theft. It just doesn't make any sense. I'm not going into the rabbit hole to debate a broken analogy. Rape is a violent physical assault, not a theft.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Nobody here is arguing for a single cause. We all accept that there are multiple causes. We're debating whether simply being horny for consensual sex and unable to get it can be reasonably considered a primary cause. To me, considering the fact that relief is always only a wank away, that's silly.

I'd say it's certainly resonable to ascribe it as a primary cause in situations where there was no initial plan or intention of rape to begin with, which occurs much of the time in date/acquaintance rape situations. People who commit the act in these cases may never be the type to plan or intend rape, but do not have enough empathy or control if/when they are involved in a situation where someone wants them to stop, or isn't enjoying themselves. Particularly, younger men with strong libidos, less maturity, less self-control, and less empathy.

It would certainly be ideal if everyone could respect other peoples' wants/needs and just be able to go rub one out to satisfy their urges when stopped during sex, or during the buildup to sex, but this ignores the reality that people have widely varying ranges within attributes such self-control, empathy, maturity, and awareness.

Suffice to say, there are a number of types and gradiations of rape and sexual assault which occur in widely varying scenarios and situations with many different factors which ultimately lead to the act. To simplify any aspect of this down to one cause, or to eliminate any one cause across the board is necessarily an oversimplification.

Poisonshady313

Meh. Again I am simply unable to draw a parallel between rape and theft. It just doesn't make any sense. I'm not going into the rabbit hole to debate a broken analogy. Rape is a violent physical assault, not a theft.

A violent physical assault for what purpose?

Aren't there easier ways of violently physically assaulting someone than forcing sexual acts on them?

Alceste

Vagabond
Abandoning a simple/reasonable solution to the problem of obtaining something someone wants is the thing that separates the criminal from " "most people".

This doesn't excuse or justify the criminal. It just points out what his initial motivation was.

My point all along has been that the vast majority of rapists want rape, not consensual sex. People who want consensual sex don't settle for rape just because consensual sex is not forthcoming. They want the rape. If they want consensual sex so badly they can't get over it they scrape together the dough to hire a prostitute.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I'd say it's certainly resonable to ascribe it as a primary cause in situations where there was no initial plan or intention of rape to begin with, which occurs much of the time in date/acquaintance rape situations. People who commit the act in these cases may never be the type to plan or intend rape, but do not have enough empathy or control if/when they are involved in a situation where someone wants them to stop, or isn't enjoying themselves. Particularly, younger men with strong libidos, less maturity, less self-control, and less empathy.

It would certainly be ideal if everyone could respect other peoples' wants/needs and just be able to go rub one out to satisfy their urges when stopped during sex, or during the buildup to sex, but this ignores the reality that people have widely varying ranges within attributes such self-control, empathy, maturity, and awareness.

Suffice to say, there are a number of types and gradiations of rape and sexual assault which occur in widely varying scenarios and situations with many different factors which ultimately lead to the act. To simplify any aspect of this down to one cause, or to eliminate any one cause across the board is necessarily an oversimplification.

pretty much.

Titanic

Masturbate man. Masturbate.

If I was really desperate, prostitution is legal where I live. Its reasonably cheap and they are actually healthy.

I get pretty desperate sometime's. You would think being an actor and all you would get a lot of women. But I have only had sex a few time's in my life.

Alceste

Vagabond
A violent physical assault for what purpose?

Aren't there easier ways of violently physically assaulting someone than forcing sexual acts on them?

For the purpose of violently assaulting somebody. What's the purpose of gay bashing, bullying, elder abuse, child abuse, etc? The impulse common to all forms of assault is to hurt somebody, not to "take" something. There are easier ways to express a dislike of homosexuality than shooting a homosexual in the street.

Titanic

Masturbate.

I don't see the problem.

What if you want a really good looking person?

Poisonshady313

My point all along has been that the vast majority of rapists want rape, not consensual sex. People who want consensual sex don't settle for rape just because consensual sex is not forthcoming. They want the rape. If they want consensual sex so badly they can't get over it they scrape together the dough to hire a prostitute.

You keep wrongly inserting the word "consensual" into your argument.

Nobody said that the rapists goal is consensual sex. Yet you keep arguing as if that's what you're arguing against.

Just because we say they want sex doesn't mean they want consensual sex. They want human sexual contact that they can't get from masturbation.

Me Myself

Back to my username
For the purpose of violently assaulting somebody. What's the purpose of gay bashing, bullying, elder abuse, child abuse, etc? The impulse common to all forms of assault is to hurt somebody, not to "take" something.

No.

You keep doing that.

Me Myself

Back to my username
What if you want a really good looking person?

Imagine her while you masturbate. Go somewhere where prostitution is legal and find a realy good looking person, change your standards, etc.

When I was horny enough, I changed my standards for visual appeal. The sex was way better than the hand still. Sure, would`ve been better with a sexier woman, but oh well.