• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion: *#@$&~^!!!!

Sum1sGruj

Explain where in there he said Generic Soap.

Guess you aren't as smart as you thought.

I knew this was going to be brought up. We were talking about anti-bacterial soap and soap in general.
Look at the posts. It's there.

What a perfect example of what I mean by infuriating.

I am only human after all. Christianity gives me a certain amount of patience, but you all have taken things so far I'm surprised I didn't say worse.
I thought religion was evil?

Atheists and their contradictions. Ha.

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Maybe the debaters should keep in mind that all one can do is give their opinion, you can't really convince someone of something unless they want to be convinced. If you remember that, maybe debating can be more fun for you. I learned that a long time ago. :)

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I knew this was going to be brought up. We were talking about anti-bacterial soap and soap in general.
No, we weren't. We were talking about anti-bacterial soap, then I starting talking about just "soap". That doesn't mean "generic soap", it means soap in general, which includes anti-bacterial soap.

You clearly strawmanned me - and it's not the first time.

Look at the posts. It's there.

What a perfect example of what I mean by infuriating.

I am only human after all. Christianity gives me a certain amount of patience, but you all have taken things so far I'm surprised I didn't say worse.
I thought religion was evil?

Atheists and their contradictions. Ha.
More posturing. Do you ever write anything worth reading?

tarasan

Maybe the debaters should keep in mind that all one can do is give their opinion, you can't really convince someone of something unless they want to be convinced. If you remember that, maybe debating can be more fun for you. I learned that a long time ago. :)

how dare you bring LOVE and TOLERANCE onto this forum!;)

tarasan

:facepalm:

Way to address the issues.

Do you lead many to Christ with this type of talk?

pfffff I know I do!

the trick is to keep the person in a cold cellar for about a month and a half while speaking Psalms and sprinkling incense on them.

While saying all these things of course....

now if you would kindly undo your facepalm. :D

Sum1sGruj

No, we weren't. We were talking about anti-bacterial soap, then I starting talking about just "soap". That doesn't mean "generic soap", it means soap in general, which includes anti-bacterial soap.

You clearly strawmanned me - and it's not the first time.

More posturing. Do you ever write anything worth reading?

Bull ****!!

Must I really put up those posts, or can you be mature enough to just accept it? Maybe you have just become so used to being contrary to me that you didn't realize what you were saying.
It wasn't even that particular notion, it was fact that you atheists are covering for each other. I am no longer exhausting myself arguing with a bunch of people of that accord.

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
It wasn't even that particular notion, it was fact that you atheists are covering for each other. I am no longer exhausting myself arguing with a bunch of people of that accord.

:biglaugh:

i guess we atheists adhere to the principle of truth...
we're not the ones moving goal posts by trying to pigeonhole scripture into a dogma that doesn't seem to fit in with reality...

Sum1sGruj

Dude, the fact that these guys are agreeing on something means that they're probably right. Lord mercy, if you want to experience discord, get a bunch of scientists together. They rarely agree on ANYTHING except the most basic and elementary of concepts.

The fact that these guys are agreeing on something that can so easily be proven wrong (flip back a couple pages) means nothing.
This is unbelievable, wth..

Whatever. Stop trying to get the approval of other people. Sources are not enough. common sens is not enough. It would take an army of scientists to get through to them. Only doing that will get the atheists on here to get their head out there *****.

Last edited:

Gloone

The fact that these guys are agreeing on something that can so easily be proven wrong (flip back a couple pages) means nothing.
This is unbelievable, wth..

Whatever. Stop trying to get the approval of other people. If I had the resources to get scientists on here, I could murder the claim that evolutionary theory is concrete. Sources are not enough. common sens is not enough. Only doing that will get the atheists on here to get their head out there *****.

If one wants to challenge religious concepts, tell me how life began and how theory and proof can competently run together and be used to dismantle my arguments.

It can't be done.
What are your arguments again? Maybe you can even start a new thread with your arguments.

Sum1sGruj

What are your arguments again? Maybe you can even start a new thread with your arguments.

Lol, whoops. Maybe that's a good idea. See, I'm being persued by a bunch of atheists who wouldn't agree with a theist that the skys blue. Sometimes I get lost in the threads. :D

Wakeup

Reject Superstition
See, I aim for truth and go for it with reason. You all aim to be right and go for it with assumption, thinking that since there is a thing called science, you can simply lye back and relish in some false idea that you have the upper hand. You all jump on me because I bring out the reality of that.
And science itself.

lol, you got it all backwards. You do not aim for truth and go for it with reason. You claim absolute truth and accept it. There is no searching for truth on your part. There is no reasoning after you have accepted faith. Atheist/agnostics aim for truth using rationale. So they cannot just put faith in God as true until they thoroughly find proof of his existence. In fact, athiests/agnostics never "simply lye back and relish in some false idea," because being athiest/agnostic is a never ending quest for truth.

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif] Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it[/FONT]

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Bull ****!!
What an intelligent point. You've made me entirely re-think my position.

Must I really put up those posts, or can you be mature enough to just accept it? Maybe you have just become so used to being contrary to me that you didn't realize what you were saying.
And yet, you still are.

You, sir, are nothing but a posturer. All mouth and no trousers.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Christians teach their tiny children, at the same time they teach them the horrible force of hell, that every baby is born in sin. This sin is Adam's sin, who they now admit never existed. We have generations of children being told their sins will result in eternity in hell, and their good deeds will land them a spot up in heaven. Morality should be based not on punishment or reward after death, but rather effectually based on sympathy, mutual understanding, and education. It's about time humanity wake up and adopt a morality that is thought-out, reasoned, argued and discussed. It sickens me that most people accept an absolute morality written in a book a little less than 2,000 years ago. We are poisoning our children. Christianity is an enemy of gay's, bestowing on them the type of bigotry it reserved for Jews before 1962. Christianity is an enemy of woman, keeping them from priesthood. An enemy of truth, denouncing condoms as infective. An enemy of science and well being, keeping advancements in genetics from saving lives. Most of all, Christianity is an enemy of education, corrupting children's minds by feeding them lies and subjecting them to guilt.

[It should be noted that I only refer to Christianity in this post because I am most familiar with it. However. this post was directed toward any thiest religion]
Well, I was born and raised Christian, and the way you characterized Christianity bears no resemblance whatsoever to the religion I believe in.

GabrielWithoutWings

No the point is, secularist Christian Churches branched off the Eastern Orthodox Church, for the most part. The Eastern Orthodox Church took the bible literally for many years, denied evolution, and then took it metaphorically saying that they had always interpreted it metaphorically. These Sects broke off from a corrupt belief in the first place, that claim absolute truth.

Interesting. I'm fairly knowledgeable about the Orthodox churches and I'm not at all familiar with your claim that a bunch of secularist churches broke away from their communion.

Give us a list of these break-away churches along with a source to your information.

If you've actually gotten the Orthodox churches confused with the Roman Catholic Church in reference to the Reformation, then I'm going to tell you again. Stop running your mouth and listen more.

Sum1sGruj

a Jew and atheist on the same thread petitioning me. can't say i'm not flattered :)♠

Last edited: