• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republican tells Native American to go back where you came from

Argentbear

Wirey

Fartist
Okay, I haven't been keeping up with this thread (stupid job keeps eating up all my time), but 6 pages? I someone actually defending this racist idiot?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Not when the organizers themselves say they are trained Marxists.
Oh nooooo. How scary that must be for you.

I imagine you can't tell the difference between reality and the fantastical allusion of being self assured on things.
You want to provide any evidence that they organised any kind of violence rather than just organising peaceful protest?

Not everyone is scared of political ideologies they don't agree with, like you.

Again, adorable.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

You want to provide any evidence that they organised any kind of violence rather than just organising peaceful protest?

Again, adorable.
Keep saying that. It's not doing you any good whatsoever as you dig your ignorant hole for yourself.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Forman has a history of shouting profanity and confronting people. So I am to gather this single person now represents most Republicans?
Let's see:

bigoted/racist - check
angry - check
ignorant - check

Yeah, that describes the majority of elected Republicans and those who vote for them. It describes Trump, who is beloved to American conservatives, but only if he can win and "own the libs." Some are defecting from Trump because he gives too much away and damages the party by so doing, but they're not abandoning their MAGA values, agenda, or methods.
The left dosent like to to admit things have gotten better.
Thing get better when the left is in power. Trump trashed America's reputation on the world stage, botched the pandemic and trashed the economy, then attacked the government. Joe meliorated much of that giving America an economy that is the envy of the world and returning to normalcy to the extent that that is possible with that demented mad man still having a prominent voice.
They want to convince people that racists are everywhere
They are. It's a dominant quality in MAGA.
it's was Marxist organizers.
That's your fantasy boogeyman. Marxism is essentially nonexistent in the States, and the few that openly embrace it are small in number relatively powerless.

Nobody I know or have known ever advocated for Marx. Maybe Bernie and AOC might - I don't know - but they are in a marginalized minority in Congress and in society.
in the suburbs they don't like you if you aren't rich basically, and there is an obvious culture of conformity
That's not been my experience regarding suburbanites disliking people who are not rich. If you can pay your mortgage or rent in a suburban neighborhood, you keep up the exterior of your home and lot, and you are considerate of neighbors, you are welcome anywhere.

Regarding a culture of conformity, that's what a culture is and does. It unifies a people by giving them a common language, a common cuisine, a common style of dress, a common history, and the like: "the customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of a particular nation, people, or other social group."

Now there may be multiple different subcultures living side by side, but withing each of these smaller groups, conformity is what they want and what binds them together.
maybe there are some great people in the suburbs, but the social landscape is not really.. seeming to be benefiting a certain kind of environment in-between that of the poorer people / secluded people with judgemental beliefs, and that of elite suburbs, and that's what maybe having a bad effect... I don't know, I haven't thought hard enough about all this to know
There's a major cultural divide - sophisticated, educated, people of means and a culture that embraces ignorance and poverty.
it doesn't seem like different or creative ideas are really wanted
If you have what you think is a useful idea, you need to promote it yourself. If others agree, they'll buy your idea from you or buy your creative product or service. Many such ideas enter the market annually.
In poorer white areas, or ones that secluded with a certain kind of predominant culture, it's also going to be something I don't want a part of, because that might be where some of the far-right nonsense comes from.
Agreed. That's MAGA country.

Let's look at those people a bit closer. Here are two graphics that give us a feel for which subsets prefer Trump and which prefer Harris. The first only looks at Harris. She's referred by white college grads, whereas Trump is preferred by white nongrads. Harris is preferred in cities and Trump in rural America:

1728136452336.png

Here we see that Harris is preferred by women, Trump by men, Harris by people of color and Trump by whites, Harris by young people and Trump by people 50 and older, Haris by college grads and Trump by people with some or no college but no degree, Harris by union members, and Trump by military vets but Harris among non-vets:

1728136109557.png

So the consummate Trump supporter is a non-college graduate white male veteran living in rural America, and the rest prefer Harris. These two groups are about the same size. And they don't like one another.

The Trump side contains a lot of people not benefitting from the American dream. That's what you see in rural Georgia and Alabama, for example -people living lives of quiet desperation stuck in dead-end jobs with no realistic hope of rising above lower middle class and subsistence living. The white ones are listening to conservative indoctrination media, which have convinced them that immigrants and "DEI hires" are stealing the good jobs from them, and that liberals, the well-off, and intellectuals are effete snobs and their enemies, and they want all of these people punished, which is why so many are drawn to MAGA bigotry, anger, bitterness, and grievance.
The "Alt Right" totally imploded after that. That was their last and biggest hurrah.
Alt-Right - "(in the US) a right-wing ideological movement characterized by a rejection of mainstream politics and by the use of online media to disseminate provocative content, often expressing opposition to racial, religious, or gender equality."

That didn't go away with Charlotesville. Have you forgotten the Proud Boys and Oathkeepers role in J6?

Those words describe Trump. They describe his and Vance's recent stochastic terrorist attacks on Springfield OH. Pure racism and hatred foreseeable harming people.
The idea that America is somehow infested with Nazis is pretty ridiculous, absurd and - at this point - really tiresome to a lot of people; so you're going to get reactions like this nowadays when people suggest that Nazism and white supremacy are genuine threats in the USA.
You're either being naive or duplicitous here. Authoritarian and fascistic ideas are everywhere in America now. Anti-Americanism defines the right now with its contempt for the Constitution, democracy, church-state separation, the rule of law, and forbearance. You probably don't like Liz Cheney very much, but she represents the small fraction of Republicans who have spoken out against such things and agrees with Kamala that these are real threats to America. So do I and millions of others.
The only real problem with protests and civil rights movements of any kind is that - once they've actually achieved their reasonable goals and the movements continue to exist - they go looking for problems where there are no problems and become counterproductive to their original cause.
None of the movements for equality has met its goals yet. Women, people of color, Jews, and LGTBQ+ are all still subjected to bigotry and all have a way to go yet.
what he said and did wasn't necessarily "blatant racism" like I already said.
Yes, it was. Go back to where you come from means that you're not welcome here

It's something I'd never say. How about you?

Funny anecdote about racists: When we first expatriated to Mexico fifteen years ago, a former patient of that ilk asked me why I wanted to live with the illegals. I had to tell him that Mexicans are not illegal in Mexico.
Today, active racists are shunned out of civil society.
I don't know what you mean by active racists. Did you mean openly racist? Trump gave them permission to be more openly racist. Yes, they are shamed and shunned by the humanists, but these people are still quite numerous and active in the sense that they reinforce the racism in one another and vote for racist candidates even if not as openly among other kinds of people as they would be were they not publicly shamed.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

Again, adorable.
I don't care for political ideologies I disagree with. Do you?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Keep saying that. It's not doing you any good whatsoever as you dig your ignorant hole for yourself.
Keep saying what, exactly? That you're very obviously terrified of different political ideologies and have absolutely no evidence to support your claim that Marxists initiated violence in the BLM protests?

Thank you. I will keep saying that.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I don't care for political ideologies I disagree with. Do you?
I think there's a difference between not caring for them and being abjectly terrified of them to the extent that you think simply naming them is somehow making a point.

"You may think this person has good policies, but did you know that they once said they were a M-M-M-Marxist!?"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Keep saying what, exactly? That you're very obviously terrified of different political ideologies and have absolutely no evidence to support your claim that Marxists initiated violence in the BLM protests?

Thank you. I will keep saying that.
Yea keep with your self imposed denial when the organizers themselves tell it to people in this thing called reality and keep ignoring that clear evidence that has been put in front of your face.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Yea keep with your self imposed denial when the organizers themselves tell it to people in this thing called reality
Go on, then. Produce this compelling evidence of Marxist organisers telling protesters to commit violence.

and keep ignoring that clear evidence that has been put in front of your face.
You've put nothing in front of my face so far that demonstrates that the violence was initiated by Marxists, which is what you have claimed.

Will you be doing that soon?

Argentbear

Not when the organizers themselves say they are trained Marxists.

I imagine you can't tell the difference between reality and the fantastical allusion of being self assured on things.
Yeah economists are well trained in the theories of Marx and Engler.

You call her a Marxist (and of course that has nothing to do with the color of her skin) but she full blown capitalist business owner.

I'm surprised you didn't bring up her 3 bedroom ranch home, most conservatives describe it as an opulent mansion.