• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republican tells Native American to go back where you came from

gotti

yeah voter suppression is not a problem.
Neither is employment discrimination
or housing discrimination
its not like our legal system has a built in racial bias

Yes. Those are all problems.

But I've never made the argument that racism and discrimination aren't problems facing society.

amorphous_constellation

He has no business or proper right representing America, a country that has been multicultural and multiethnic since before Constitutional Day One. Amd he said this to a Native who has been here way longer than all of American ancestors have.
The outrage is this America, attitudes like that have no place or busimess running the state. Literally, he told someone of a minority who has no immigrant story here in her family history (at least nothing at all comparable to what we non-Natives have) to go back to where she came from.
Here's the deal for me, as being a white mid-westerner: I don't find a lot of happy mediums in my race, and the political spectrum displays a lot of uncertainty about them. The far-right might have them become bitter, judgemental people, who probably often don't have that much intelligence, and I don't think they represent the useful contributions in their culture's history, which surely were not based on bitterness. And the far-left actually has failed to define what it actually wants from white people, besides just adding (often probably justified) criticism, and it probably would go a long way with everyone if they would describe what they should do in positive terms

And what I mean by no 'happy mediums,' is that you know, in the suburbs they don't like you if you aren't rich basically, and there is an obvious culture of conformity, and it doesn't seem like different or creative ideas are really wanted. In poorer white areas, or ones that secluded with a certain kind of predominant culture, it's also going to be something I don't want a part of, because that might be where some of the far-right nonsense comes from. I mean, maybe not in all these places, and maybe there are some great people in the suburbs, but the social landscape is not really.. seeming to be benefiting a certain kind of environment in-between that of the poorer people / secluded people with judgemental beliefs, and that of elite suburbs, and that's what maybe having a bad effect... I don't know, I haven't thought hard enough about all this to know

I don't know. But what I have heard is that we are projected a minority eventually here, so I'm curious what will happen with that. I don't know if we will dissolve, or if that even matters, or if that is for 'the best,' but I don't think the current status quo is going to remain the same. It does seem to be a situation of social dissatisfaction where these topics are involved, and may continue to be, unless the political leadership, and the political writers of our time actually show everyone how all this should balance out

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Much of it is focused though, eg, he doesn't
hate all seniors & Jews...just the ones who'd
vote for Harris.
It's not about me (senior/Jew), it's about Haitians, member of the military who get injured and so forth. Neo-nezi groups have seized on his message of hate to promote hatred of others.

And I don't give a flying **** if he believes it or not. He's promoting it, inciting others to hate and act out violence as we're seeing. That's the essence.

gotti

Here's the deal for me, as being a white mid-westerner: I don't find a lot of happy mediums in my race, and the political spectrum displays a lot of uncertainty about them. The far-right might have them become bitter, judgemental people, who probably often don't have that much intelligence, and I don't think they represent the useful contributions in their culture's history, which surely were not based on bitterness. And the far-left actually has failed to define what it actually wants from white people, besides just adding (often probably justified) criticism, and it probably would go a long way with everyone if they would describe what they should do in positive terms

And what I mean by no 'happy mediums,' is that you know, in the suburbs they don't like you if you aren't rich basically, and there is an obvious culture of conformity, and it doesn't seem like different or creative ideas are really wanted. In poorer white areas, or ones that secluded with a certain kind of predominant culture, it's also going to be something I don't want a part of, because that might be where some of the far-right nonsense comes from. I mean, maybe not in all these places, and maybe there are some great people in the suburbs, but the social landscape is not really.. seeming to be benefiting a certain kind of environment in-between that of the poorer people / secluded people with judgemental beliefs, and that of elite suburbs, and that's what maybe having a bad effect... I don't know, I haven't thought hard enough about all this to know

I don't know. But what I have heard is that we are projected a minority eventually here, so I'm curious what will happen with that. I don't know if we will dissolve, or if that even matters, or if that is for 'the best,' but I don't think the current status quo is going to remain the same. It does seem to be a situation of social dissatisfaction where these topics are involved, and may continue to be, unless the political leadership, and the political writers of our time actually show everyone how all this should balance out

Post of the thread.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's not about me (senior/Jew), it's about Haitians, member of the military who get injured and so forth. Neo-nezi groups have seized on his message of hate to promote hatred of others.

And I don't give a flying **** if he believes it or not. He's promoting it, inciting others to hate and act out violence as we're seeing. That's the essence.
Missing the sarcasm again, eh.

gotti

Not there anymore, though, because the regular people of Idaho didn’t put up with the Aryan nation mentality.
No, it’s not. The skinheads who tried to get established in Idaho ( and didn’t succeed BTW) originally moved there from Los Angeles, CA.

This is all evidence that the idea that Nazis are a genuine threat to be reckoned with in America is complete garbage.

Today, active racists are shunned out of civil society.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
No, it’s not. The skinheads who tried to get established in Idaho ( and didn’t succeed BTW) originally moved there from Los Angeles, CA.

Yah, nah. I've talked to plenty of people who moved here from Idaho and those white nationalists are still very much there. I've also gone through there on a road trip to Utah during COVID and saw for myself that white nationalism is still very much alive and well there

You're right that literal skinheads themselves are a dated concept, but neonazism and white nationalism are still alive and well there from what I've seen and heard

Argentbear

Yes?

That's what I said.

It doesn't nullify my subsequent point.
Your point being that the ongoing problems of discrimination in our society are not problems at all...just things social justice warriors go looking for to cause trouble rather than being satisfied with what they have.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
They don't.
Oh, we must have imagined this one, then.

This particular rally was way back in 2017 protesting the removal of the statue of the General Lee in a time arguably where the left wing was far more violent and destructive that the protesters seen here.
They were marching through the streets with torches at night chanting "Jews will not replace us", and during the day marched around with Neo-Nazi flags.

And yes I defend even racists and bigots and their right to protest in a free country as long as it dosent end in riots, looting, and death in no particular order.
So, to be clear, these things DO happen, and you defend them happening.

Good to know.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This is all evidence that the idea that Nazis are a genuine threat to be reckoned with in America is complete garbage.

Today, active racists are shunned out of civil society.
Precisely and they are actively prosecuted if violence occurs.

However the left is given a free hand whenever violence occurs with their groups particularly the Marxist movement of BLM where they were essentially allowed to take over and essentially destroy government buildings , yet they accuse the right of things like Insurrection and such which is essentially the same thing.