• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Return of Christ

ForHisGlory

Why would God need or want us to go to heaven? He created man to live on earth... that in itself should tell us that he wants us to live here on earth and the bible backs this up:

Ps 115:16 As for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah,
But the earth he has given to the sons of men.

The bible also tells us that mankind will live on earth forever:
Psalm 37:29 The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.

And Jesus taught that the meek will inherit the earth/land
Matt 5:5 “Happy are the mild-tempered, since they will inherit the earth.

Earth is a wonderful place... we are made for it and the bible says we will always be here.

John 3:16 says,

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Are you saying that we are living in hell right now?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
John 3:16 says,

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Are you saying that we are living in hell right now?

that verse doesnt say anything about living in heaven, does it?

To perish means to die. Apparently, to get to heaven, you must first die a physical death.

So dont you see how this verse is actually speaking about a 'continued' existence as you are right now??? 'everlasting life'

ForHisGlory

that verse doesnt say anything about living in heaven, does it?

To perish means to die. Apparently, to get to heaven, you must first die a physical death.

So dont you see how this verse is actually speaking about a 'continued' existence as you are right now??? 'everlasting life'

Where do you go when you die physically?

ForHisGlory

To dust. Dead people don't 'go' anywhere. But every person who has ever lived exists in the mind of God, not as a conscious being though.

I didn't ask the question and not know the answer. I know the answer.

John 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I didn't ask the question and not know the answer. I know the answer.

John 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

It was a rhetorical question then?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Where do you go when you die physically?

I believe you go to where the bible says you go:

Gen 3:19 In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.”

Psalm 104:29 When you hide your face, they are disturbed. If you take away their spirit, they die and return to the dust.

Ecclesiastes 3:20 All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust.

What do you believe?

ForHisGlory

I believe you go to where the bible says you go:

Gen 3:19 In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.”

Psalm 104:29 When you hide your face, they are disturbed. If you take away their spirit, they die and return to the dust.

Ecclesiastes 3:20 All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust.

What do you believe?

Do you know for certain where YOU will go when you die?

ForHisGlory

the bible says that is what will happen.

i have no reason to doubt Gods word. So i'm 100% sure that is what will happen.

But the Bible says that we can know for sure. It's one thing to say that I know for sure and another to say that the Bible says. It is a peace that God gives us.

I John 5:13

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
But the Bible says that we can know for sure. It's one thing to say that I know for sure and another to say that the Bible says. It is a peace that God gives us.

I John 5:13

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

i agree... and the bible says that man returns to the dust when they die.

But the bible also speaks of everlasting life on earth and a resurrection of the dead.
So i also know that people who have died will be brought back to life, not in heaven, but here on earth where they will live forever.

;)

InChrist

Free4ever
i agree... and the bible says that man returns to the dust when they die.

But the bible also speaks of everlasting life on earth and a resurrection of the dead.
So i also know that people who have died will be brought back to life, not in heaven, but here on earth where they will live forever.

;)

The Bible does speak of man as returning to dust in reference to the physical human body of flesh, but it also speaks of believers going to be with the Lord who is in heaven when our spirit is absent from the body...

We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.(2 Corinthians 5:8)

But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. (Philippians 1:22-24)

Muffled

Jesus in me
He died so that a way could be made that we can go to heaven.

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I don't beleive that. I believe there has always been a way to go to Heaven but I do agree that His resurrection helps people to believe in an after-life. I beleive that only the righteous will enter the Kingdom of God and being cleansed by the blood of Jesus makes us righteous at the time we receive it and having Him as Lord and Savior keeps us righteous.

I beleive I already have this eternal life and look forward to having physical eternal life when Jesus returns.