• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richard Dawkins says he is a Cultural Christian

wellwisher

Atheism was spawned from the Catholic Church; Age of Reason funded by the Church albeit via the alchemy underground of educated priests and doctors. The Catholic Church had formed from a merger of early Christianity and Rome in the 4th century. Rome was the pinnacle western culture in the ancient world. From the merger of Rome and Christianity, Christianity morphed and became an amalgam of those two extremes; render upon God and render onto Caesar at the same time. This lasted about 1000 years from 400's to the1400's, then the amalgam started to spilt apart, back to a more pure form of Christianity and its mirror reflection called Atheism and all ratios of the two in between. These are all actually cousins, which is why even though the extremes are so opposite, they still interact with each other, albeit in a civil warring way.

In the mirror of the extreme or pure Atheist mind, they do not believe in deities, but they also throw out the baby with the bath water and deny anything if a Christian believes or says so, even if that is irrational. Richard Darkins now appears to be going more toward a center ratio. He still does not believe in Deities, but he is more careful not to throw out the baby, with the bathwater The baby are fruits that appeared from the faithful, such as Democracy; free markets, human rights, etc.

The definition of an Atheism is lack of belief in deities. It is not the lack of belief in deities, plus lack of belief in all the good that those who do believe in deities have done and left behind. That type of atheist becomes like Hitler or Stalin or modern Liberalism based on fake news. Truth is important to Christianity; spirit of truth, so the extreme atheist would do the opposite and prefer fake news. The extreme Atheists often go beyond rational to delusional, which is even worse than the faithful Religion of love.

Christianity is a spectrum from the sinners to the Saints, from the faithful to the faithless and all in between; Rome and Christianity in various proportions. I like both science and religion and work to make them meet in the middle; merge. My best theory for this is based on space-time and separated space and separated time. It can merge matter and consciousness by connecting both to the second law. Energy is conserved but entropy increases complexity like evolution and consciousness.

Evolution is stuck in that Civil War, due the statistical empiricism and Schrödinger's cat. The black box of statistics leaves it uncertain to whether that theory is alive or dead; margin of error and level of certainty, until we open the box, but statistics does not allow the box to open. I opened the box and found the cat or theory was dead, but not due to the poison, but due to suffocation because the black box was kept shut too long.The proton decay never occurred and the poison was never released; blind man prophesy fried the rational brain.

The new and improved theory; new cat playing in an open box, is based on water as the central variable. Water is the majority component of life with ten times as many water molecules as all the organic molecules combined. Water touches all the organics, and due to it hydrogen bonding nature, water is the king of the secondary bonding forces within all cells. Water forces the packing and shapes of everything to become bioactive. This does not need a black box. It allows life and evolution in one variable, thereby making it concise enough for the rational mind to deduce and infer certainty. DNA only makes raw materials, that are not bioactive, until water gives them their active shapes. This is where life begins. Once all the active pieces are in place we have life. No other solvent can do this, since the rest of the solvents do not have the secondary bonding muscle of water; water and oil effect.

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
If that's the case then the God I was trying to communicate with has lousy communication skills.
No .. G-d does not bother with negative people .. why would He?

People complain about God and turn away for a variety of reasons..
God has no needs .. He doesn't need us .. we need Him.

Without God, it is easy to be led down the garden path .. it's a state of mind.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
He/she/it responds less than you do to questions. To the point of the only reasonable explanation being he/she/it is non existent.
Well, let me put it this way -- there have been supposed messengers of God. I'll leave the rest of the thought up to you right now.

YoursTrue

He/she/it responds less than you do to questions. To the point of the only reasonable explanation being he/she/it is non existent.
By the way, I just read one of your recent responses but not the original, so I'm commenting on whether God hears our prayers. Before I really believed in God, and by that I mean knowing His name and what the Bible says I sometimes prayed. Like when I was a teenager I prayed for a boyfriend. That's about all I can remember about praying for something. Did I get a boyfriend? Not at the time. :) Did I understand God's path? No. I just wanted a boyfriend. Did I understand anything about what Jesus prayed for, i.e. the Kingdom of God? Nope. But it was a nice song. I had boyfriends though, just didn't pray about it, did not know what God wanted from me or anyone. Until -- later --

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
By the way, I just read one of your recent responses but not the original, so I'm commenting on whether God hears our prayers. Before I really believed in God, and by that I mean knowing His name and what the Bible says I sometimes prayed. Like when I was a teenager I prayed for a boyfriend. That's about all I can remember about praying for something. Did I get a boyfriend? Not at the time. :) Did I understand God's path? No. I just wanted a boyfriend. Did I understand anything about what Jesus prayed for, i.e. the Kingdom of God? Nope. But it was a nice song. I had boyfriends though, just didn't pray about it, did not know what God wanted from me or anyone. Until -- later --

I never prayed for a boyfriend.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
..how do you know my attempts at communication were negative?
..because you said so.. "the God I was trying to communicate with has lousy communication skills."

The past is the past .. some people never give up trying .. have a positive attitude.

YoursTrue

It's the flavor, even if it has no substance.

It's why I think a number of people are Christian in name only out of the environment, reminiscence , and tradition while foregoing any actual belief.

I can see where Dawkins is coming from.
I guess he wasn't raised in a Hindu or Muslim environment, otherwise he might be a cultural Hindu or Muslim.