• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Riley Gaines attacked by "transgender terrorists".

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Wording? Nah. The fact that trans crimes are reaching the whole nation as of late. I mean school shootings definately need to be nationwide reported. And I suppose this Riley Gaines thing too cuz she’s famous. But if we start hearing burglaries etc then I’d start wondering
Trans people do commit crimes. It's being politicized right now... conveniently for the opposition to trans people.

Ella S.

I feel sorry for the people who hit Riley Gaines. Imagine having to listen to her speak and then actually touching her. It's a real tragedy.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I feel sorry for the people who hit Riley Gaines. Imagine having to listen to her speak and then actually touching her. It's a real tragedy.
Gaines just wanted fairness in sports. Like Catlin Jenner does.

There's no denying that it's destroying woman's sports.

It's nothing to hit and assault people over.

Well... cept hockey I suppose. "0]

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Push on people and sooner or later they’ll push back
Unlike how our sensationalist media presents it, trans people aren't beaten and harassed for just stepping out the door. There's no real oppression of trans people in the US. This isn't the same as being gay. It's caught up with healthcare, since gender dysphoria is a medical issue. The laws they're passing really only effect minors, and minors going on blockers, hormones and having surgery is a recent thing that only started happening within the past 20 years or so, compared to adults medically transitioning for about a century now. That's a pretty new thing, the whole concept of "trans kids". There's a lot of unknowns here and with the toxic ideologies and rhetoric that's popular these days, from all sides, it's just a mess.

I personally don't have a problem with banning medical transition for minors, however, I think it would be a better idea for WPATH and other medical organizations who set the standards to step in, come back to reality and fix the guidelines because it's currently pretty much a free for all, with no real standards, and with many therapists and clinicians basically pursuing political and financial ends.

Some of them are obviously afraid of being branded bigots or outdated for "gatekeeping", or questioning their patients since it's expected to be totally "gender affirming" now. I've heard trans people whine about a local gender therapist who had been in practice for many years just because she followed the older standards of expecting a period of living as the identified sex and actually trying to function as that sex before writing a letter recommending them for hormones. Yeah, how dare she actually do her job and not just be a letter writing mill. Hell, many doctors these days don't even require any therapy or anything before they prescribe hormones.

Since they won't uphold any real standards, now politicians are stepping in and that's a shame since they aren't the most knowledgeable about this. Because of their ignorance, there's already a few instances of them going too far such as trying to ban medical transition for even adults or banning Medicaid coverage of it. That's what I have a problem with, but most of these bills are amended to be more acceptable before they come to a final vote. We don't know how this is going to end up. There's going to be lawsuits. My life hasn't changed one bit, though.

There's no reason for these people to be assaulting Gaines. The debate over trans women competing against females in sports is a fair one and these cranks who assaulted and terrorized her should be disowned by the trans community (or whatever passes for it these days since I don't see it and am not part of it now). They make us look terrible and we're already looking pretty bad. The sports issue is a separate issues over allowing minors to transition.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Unlike how our sensationalist media presents it, trans people aren't beaten and harassed for just stepping out the door. There's no real oppression of trans people in the US. This isn't the same as being gay. It's caught up with healthcare, since gender dysphoria is a medical issue. The laws they're passing really only effect minors, and minors going on blockers, hormones and having surgery is a recent thing that only started happening within the past 20 years or so, compared to adults medically transitioning for about a century now. That's a pretty new thing, the whole concept of "trans kids". There's a lot of unknowns here and with the toxic ideologies and rhetoric that's popular these days, from all sides, it's just a mess.

I personally don't have a problem with banning medical transition for minors, however, I think it would be a better idea for WPATH and other medical organizations who set the standards to step in, come back to reality and fix the guidelines because it's currently pretty much a free for all, with no real standards, and with many therapists and clinicians basically pursuing political and financial ends.

Some of them are obviously afraid of being branded bigots or outdated for "gatekeeping", or questioning their patients since it's expected to be totally "gender affirming" now. I've heard trans people whine about a local gender therapist who had been in practice for many years just because she followed the older standards of expecting a period of living as the identified sex and actually trying to function as that sex before writing a letter recommending them for hormones. Yeah, how dare she actually do her job and not just be a letter writing mill. Hell, many doctors these days don't even require any therapy or anything before they prescribe hormones.

Since they won't uphold any real standards, now politicians are stepping in and that's a shame since they aren't the most knowledgeable about this. Because of their ignorance, there's already a few instances of them going too far such as trying to ban medical transition for even adults or banning Medicaid coverage of it. That's what I have a problem with, but most of these bills are amended to be more acceptable before they come to a final vote. We don't know how this is going to end up. There's going to be lawsuits. My life hasn't changed one bit, though.

There's no reason for these people to be assaulting Gaines. The debate over trans women competing against females in sports is a fair one and these cranks who assaulted and terrorized her should be disowned by the trans community (or whatever passes for it these days since I don't see it and am not part of it now). They make us look terrible and we're already looking pretty bad. The sports issue is a separate issues over allowing minors to transition.
Informative frubie

Forgive me. Your healthcare system is notable for being….well expensive, honestly.
Do you think that plays a part in all of this?
Compared to Universal Healthcare, I mean.

Still think the MTG lady is a crazy though :shrug:

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Informative frubie

Still think the MTG lady is a crazy though :shrug:
Thanks.

I kind of like her, find her entertaining and agree with her a fair bit but she's dramatic and ignorant about certain things, such as this topic. She was also wrong when she tried to tie FTM testosterone therapy to the Nashville school shooting. Andy Ngo, who I also usually like, also did that. That's straight up misinformation/wrong. There's no evidence that Hale or any of the other alleged trans man shooters (there's been 2 or 3 besides Hale) were ever on testosterone and certainly did not look like it (you start showing signs fairly quickly). There's no evidence that trans men on testosterone are more violent. Most of us are actually less angry after starting testosterone or even just taking a dose. I know it helped me a bit with my anger. I've been an angry person since I was a kid and still am to a large degree, but it's getting better over time.

We can't be right all the time, and it's perfectly possible to disagree with someone you typically side with but people should at least try to get their facts straight before publicly commenting.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks.

I kind of like her, find her entertaining and agree with her a fair bit but she's dramatic and ignorant about certain things, such as this topic. She was also wrong when she tried to tie FTM testosterone therapy to the Nashville school shooting. Andy Ngo, who I also usually like, also did that. That's straight up misinformation/wrong. There's no evidence that Hale or any of the other alleged trans man shooters (there's been 2 or 3 besides Hale) were ever on testosterone and certainly did not look like it (you start showing signs fairly quickly). There's no evidence that trans men on testosterone are more violent. Most of us are actually less angry after starting testosterone or even just taking a dose. I know it helped me a bit with my anger. I've been an angry person since I was a kid and still am to a large degree, but it's getting better over time.

We can't be right all the time, and it's perfectly possible to disagree with someone you typically side with but people should at least try to get their facts straight before publicly commenting.
Useful frube.

I mean I’m from a culture where it’s normal to “hate” even the politicians you vote for.
Maybe that’s due to compulsory voting or maybe Aussies are just antisocial in general lol. Idk
So I agree that it’s fine to disagree with people on “your side.”
Those who don’t are often called “One eyed supporters” here. Meaning that they are blind to the faults of their “team” and can only negatively comment on other peoples. Usually this is against the backdrop of sports, but I’ve heard it applied in political discussions on occasion.
I also agree that people should get their facts straight before commenting. Especially if they hold some influence on society. I think public figures and politicians especially have that shared responsibility.

We Never Know

No Slack
Common, you can do this. Think about it for a minute.
And remember, ultimately what justifies violence is in the eye of the beholder. Like Christian Nationalists who view preserving and enforcing Conservative Christianity as justification for violence. We don't have to agree with them, but that is nevertheless how they feel.
Now, try again. Give it a thought.

These kind of stunts bring nothing but negativity to transgenders. Just like mass shooters bring negativity to guns/gun owners.

We Never Know

No Slack
Violence begets violence. Violence is simply a matter of who is stronger, tougher, meaner. If that's the way we choose to resolve our political disputes, then that will have its own consequences.

And when backlash comes they will play the victim IMO

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
These kind of stunts bring nothing but negativity to transgenders. Just like mass shooters bring negativity to guns/gun owners.

I mean, to be fair, humans can be reactionary. Humans can act very idiotically. That doesn’t just stop just because a person belongs to a minority group in their area, does it?

So I mean is it really fair to hold this against all trans individuals?

I suspect that you think I am unfair to Americans.
Please know that I have a very dark demented sense of humour. Insulting humour is common where I live, so I might not always put in the same stock in the insults I say as others do. And I tend to forget that a lot
(My bad.)

We Never Know

No Slack
I mean, to be fair, humans can be reactionary. Humans can act very idiotically. That doesn’t just stop just because a person belongs to a minority group in their area, does it?

Please know that I have a very dark demented sense of humour. Insulting humour is common where I live, so I might not always put in the same stock in the insults I say as others do. And I tend to forget that a lot
(My bad.)

Is it really fair to hold mass shootings against all gun owners?

Neither is fair but it happens.

We Never Know

No Slack

(My bad.)

I will even go a step further...

Is it really fair to hold black slavery against anyone living today?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
If you watched the video, the great majority of people who were yelling furiously at Ms. Gaines were ciswomen.

We Never Know

No Slack
If you watched the video, the great majority of people who were yelling furiously at Ms. Gaines were ciswomen.

And you know that just by looking them?

If we didn't know better Caitlyn looks like a ciswoman.

IMG_20230409_004201.jpg

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
And you know that just by looking them?

No...I have read there were lots of female students (not LGBT) who joined the protest against R. Gaines.
And by the way, American ciswomen is the real issues here. Because they abandoned Gaines and she was alone standing up as we see in this heartbreaking video. They should side with her.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I will even go a step further...

Is it really fair to hold black slavery against anyone living today?
Would it surprise to learn that I actually agree with you?
I come from a colonised community (half Fijian Indian.) And trust me when I say, the colonial hangover is a real thing. Holy Jesus, seriously! Ngl that infiltrates a lot of our broader society.

But I legitimately don’t think it’s fair to hold the broader “white” community up to the brimstone in recompense. So to speak
I think that does more harm than good, overall.
I think both communities should be rallying together and trying to find more common ground with each other
(perhaps against our actual rich oppressors. *cough cough*)
Regardless, I might be a filthy leftist degenerate, but I don’t always fall into line, so to speak ;)

We Never Know

No Slack
Would it surprise to learn that I actually agree with you?
I come from a colonised community (half Fijian Indian.) And trust me when I say, the colonial hangover is a real thing. Holy Jesus, seriously! Ngl that infiltrates a lot of our broader society.

But I legitimately don’t think it’s fair to hold the broader “white” community up to the brimstone in recompense. So to speak
I think that does more harm than good, overall.
I think both communities should be rallying together and trying to find more common ground with each other
(perhaps against our actual rich oppressors. *cough cough*)
Regardless, I might be a filthy leftist degenerate, but I don’t always fall into line, so to speak ;)
It doesn't surprise me. You seem pretty rational and level headed to me.