• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Riley Gaines attacked by "transgender terrorists".

We Never Know

No Slack
No...I have read there were lots of female students (not LGBT) who joined the protest against R. Gaines.
And by the way, American ciswomen is the real issues here. Because they abandoned Gaines and she was alone standing up as we see in this heartbreaking video. They should side with her.

Anyone who transitions after puberty shouldn't participate against cisfemales in sports.

I only use females as an example because there aren't a bunch of transmales going out and breaking cismale records.

They should have their own league and participate against each other IMO.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Anyone who transitions after puberty shouldn't participate against cisfemales in sports.

I only use females as an example because there aren't a bunch of transmales going out and breaking cismale records.

I mean that’s a fair opinion to have.

I kind of tend to defer to sports scientists because, let’s be real here, I’m an idiot lol. So I defer to those with expertise.

Also I might be rather indifferent, truth be told. Sorry

As an Aussie, I think I just want to watch people bash into each other and call it a sport :shrug:
(I mean have you seen our national football leagues??!)

I will say though that I think it will be a contentious subject for many years to come. And an example of some rather “interesting” implantations of science.
For better or worse, time will tell

We Never Know

No Slack
I mean that’s a fair opinion to have.

I kind of tend to defer to sports scientists because, let’s be real here, I’m an idiot lol. So I defer to those with expertise.

Also I might be rather indifferent, truth be told. Sorry

As an Aussie, I think I just want to watch people bash into each other and call it a sport :shrug:
(I mean have you seen our national football leagues??!)

I will say though that I think it will be a contentious subject for many years to come. And an example of some rather “interesting” implantations of science.
For better or worse, time will tell

A "like" on your post...

And a lol on this....

"As an Aussie, I think I just want to watch people bash into each other and call it a sport :shrug:
(I mean have you seen our national football leagues??!)"

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It looked like a noisy protest to me.
What was the act of "terrorism"?
Who was shot, knifed, or bombed?
That was Marjorie Taylor Greene that made those claims. By now you should know that almost anything she says about people that she disagrees with will be overblown and false.

This is reasonable. I think we need to be careful about how we define a group of people in the context of a few incidents as well as what is occurring in the wider picture to that group.

We also need to be careful not to excuse the actions of a radical fringe because we are sympathetic to broader issues of equity and thus overlook their extreme ideology.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
We also need to be careful not to excuse the actions of a radical fringe because we are sympathetic to broader issues of equity and thus overlook their extreme ideology.
Can’t you also say that of the riots that occurred during the civil rights era?
I mean, I won’t pretend to know much about that time in history, much less US history.

But there were riots during that time, no?
There were actions done that were not “acceptable” to broader society?
Should we hold all of black communities to such a grindstone? Since they likely weren’t even involved

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I mean, I won’t pretend to know much about that time in history, much less US history.

Should we hold all of black communities to such a grindstone? Since they likely weren’t even involved
I do not like riots. Like this or the ones during time of civil rights. But they do one important thing that overrules my personal dislike. They make the issue well known to the American public. During the time of the civil rights riots there were many Americans that had no clue about how bad prejudice was against African Americans at that time. It is still not perfect. But it is much better now and those riots played a role. I disagree with a blanket inclusion of trans people into sports. That can give some athletes a n unmerited competitive edge. There is no easy and "right" solution to the problem. But this sort of issue and these protest do l America know about the problems and prejudices that trans people face. So though I disagree on this particular issue somewhat I can still support the general feeling that led to this riot.

The more extreme factions in that era were advocating for a black separatist ethnostate.

Not sure that is an argument against being wary of extremists in movements for equity.

But any movement is ultimately judged by what happens in the future.

So if unfettered access to women’s sport for all self identifying transwomen becomes the norm then they might be seen as the good guys.

My guess is they’ll be the equivalent of the segregated ethnostate folk from the civil rights era, but that is for the future to decide.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I do not like riots. Like this or the ones during time of civil rights. But they do one important thing that overrules my personal dislike. They make the issue well known to the American public. During the time of the civil rights riots there were many Americans that had no clue about how bad prejudice was against African Americans at that time. It is still not perfect. But it is much better now and those riots played a role. I disagree with a blanket inclusion of trans people into sports. That can give some athletes a n unmerited competitive edge. There is no easy and "right" solution to the problem. But this sort of issue and these protest do l America know about the problems and prejudices that trans people face. So though I disagree on this particular issue somewhat I can still support the general feeling that led to this riot.
I can agree with this sentiment

Granted that may be due to my Iimited understanding/knowledge of US modern history
But my country had similar riots, which I think played a similar role. So I can understand their place and the frustration that ultimately fuelled them

But still

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
The more extreme factions in that era were advocating for a black separatist ethnostate.

Not sure that is an argument against being wary of extremists in movements for equity.

But any movement is ultimately judged by what happens in the future.

So if unfettered access to women’s sport for all self identifying transwomen becomes the norm then they might be seen as the good guys.

My guess is they’ll be the equivalent of the segregated ethnostate folk from the civil rights era, but that is for the future to decide.
Interesting

I think both “approaches” I guess should be weighed up. Because you’re right in that the more extreme factions were likely advocating for a more separatist state. But I think like many movements throughout history, there were likely those caught in the middle, who belonged to such factions all the same.
Perhaps this is born out of my natural attachment to minority groups myself (half Indian) but there is always nuance to be found in such groups. Because humans tend to be very complicated weirdos.
That is felt across the board, so to speak.
Just because one person belongs to one extremist group doesn’t necessarily mean they support all the goals of said group. I know many individuals who fit such a mold myself.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
And you know that just by looking them?

If we didn't know better Caitlyn looks like a ciswoman.

View attachment 74660
Truth be told, I have wondered how people look at me and see woman. It's happened most my life too, even before I accepted myslef. Today though, well, I am my own worst critic and it seems I focus on things others just aren't. Which makes sense because we humans do tend to be more self conscious of ourself than what the attention others will be. And I still think this despite everyone who's seen a picture of my great grandmother pointing out I kind of look like her.
Ain't being a human fun? :joycat:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

Sure, but raising awareness to these fringe groups by tying them to the less extreme folks facing equity issues is also not helpful.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

That's exactly Gaines's agenda.

wellwisher

Funny how no one cared what transgender people did until the last few years, when this trans stuff has exploded into the public in a ridiculous way, with radical activists pushing it on kids and so on. Honestly, the LGBTs had nothing realistically left to fight for after gay marriage because we had legal equality after that, along with public support and sympathy. Now that's quickly eroding, along with a backlash.

This narrative that transgender people are so oppressed by society is as much hogwash as thinking black people are so oppressed. We ain't. Most people didn't give a damn, honestly. It wasn't on their radar. Well, that was when it was just something a small number of adults did.
That is a good observation. The Political left has devised a strategy to gain votes by dividing people. The Civil Rights movement of the 1960's and 1970's brought black and white people closer. This divide was healing, until the Left started stoking the embers of the past, to divide the races again, by taking the position of blaming whites; except Leftist whites. The real goal was to define the enemy and the ally, in their owe shady way. This locked in 90% of the black vote for the Left.

Up to a few years ago, trans was not even in the picture. There was heterosexual and homosexual. All of a sudden, there was this Lefty push to indoctrinate students and use tax dollars; add to the deficits, to provide free transformation. The Left had to know this would divide people and parents. That was the goal, then and now; a new voter group who will get sucked into their game of divide and conquer.

What is happening now is rational people are sick of this nonsense, with power to do something. Didn't the Left, which caused the student loan crisis, promise freebie tax payer bailouts, knowing this impractical solution would be resisted. The goal was to divide people knowing they would have to resist. Then the Left could say, we are the ones who wanted to give freebies, and then blame those evil Righties, who resisted and spoiled their good intentions. The real game was to create a new voter block. There is a certain type that falls for this game, over and over.

If any group wants acceptance, they need to find common ground where we all can agree. Do not let yourself be on one side by Left, in ways that are guaranteed to create friction. You are just pawns walking into your own war. Sex change at the expense of others, while negating the rights of parents, will create friction. You would need to be brain dead to think otherwise.

Talking about the weather or local sports teams is a way bring people together. But the Left will teach a path of division which then causes friction, by design, with the friction defining the position of the opposition in advance. You will be asked to vote Lefty, since only they care by their standard they created, and all the others are mean and need to be abused; riots and voting. This is the same game used a dozen times. Now the game is over and the pawn mob is upset being left to dangle. Trans need to get mad at the Left, for making promises it could never keep, while accepting payment in advance.

I had a friend would make promises that sounded good, like going to the beach. He would paint a nice picture and then get credit, in advance, from members of the group, thanking him in advance, to seal the deal. Next day, no show. He got the credit in advance and there was not reason for him to go. Students with loans and Trans will be left to dangle, with a new series of promises made that will be resisted, by the design. The end game is votes in 2024.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Riots and violence have consequences. There were riots and other civil disturbances during the 60s, but by the end of the 60s, Nixon was President and the country was moving in a rightward direction. The War on Drugs ticked up and was largely directed against racial minorities. As a result, the crime rate also ticked up, as well as increased gang activity and violence fed by their involvement in the drug trade.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Riots and violence have consequences. There were riots and other civil disturbances during the 60s, but by the end of the 60s, Nixon was President and the country was moving in a rightward direction. The War on Drugs ticked up and was largely directed against racial minorities. As a result, the crime rate also ticked up, as well as increased gang activity and violence fed by their involvement in the drug trade.
Hmm informative frubie