• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rock of offence to the Jews

4consideration

Premium Member
I understand you don't like it but it comes from the scripture. So should I refrain from answering post with scriptures that might offend them.

People can do anything with scripture. It all depends on what they're trying to build.

IMO, it's like a hammer. A person can use it constructively, like to build a home -- for good. Or, a person can use it destructively...and bash a person in the head with it. It's still just a hammer.

The way I see it, it is fine to support your position on any matter, with scripture -- or whatever you see as valid reasons for holding that position.

I must admit that your OP came across to me as a religious attack on Jews. I don't know what conversations you may have had with Jewish members, but this OP seemed to me like using Bible verses as a weapon against them -- and that is what I was objecting to.

dance-above

People can do anything with scripture. It all depends on what they're trying to build.

IMO, it's like a hammer. A person can use it constructively, like to build a home -- for good. Or, a person can use it destructively...and bash a person in the head with it. It's still just a hammer.

The way I see it, it is fine to support your position on any matter, with scripture -- or whatever you see as valid reasons for holding that position.

I must admit that your OP came across to me as a religious attack on Jews. I don't know what conversations you may have had with Jewish members, but this OP seemed to me like using Bible verses as a weapon against them -- and that is what I was objecting to.
No attack. Its just that many Christian try so hard to convert them, yet the scripture says they are blinded in part. So when they are asking us about our faith should we leave out the full answer if it offends them?

AmbiguousGuy

Absolutely, for our own sake he cares.

So God told you something, but He told me the opposite.

I think I will go with what He said to me. It makes better sense. Why would God care what we believe?

And why would it be better for our sake to believe one thing rather than a different thing?

dance-above

So God told you something, but He told me the opposite.

I think I will go with what He said to me. It makes better sense. Why would God care what we believe?

And why would it be better for our sake to believe one thing rather than a different thing?
It is not Gods will that anyone should perish and what we believe has everything to do with this.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
You are fixated (literally) on a single crucifixion narrative. I am an enemy of the thousands of crucifixions meted out to the Jewish people.

AmbiguousGuy

It is not Gods will that anyone should perish and what we believe has everything to do with this.

I'm afraid that we will all perish. Are you talking about some kind of survival after our physical death? If so, what did God tell you about that?

Anyway, God doesn't care what we believe. In fact, He prefers that we all believe different stuff. He's unhappy when we all think the same way.

This is fun. Please let me know if you have any more questions about God and how He sees things.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I'm afraid that we will all perish. Are you talking about some kind of survival after our physical death? If so, what did God tell you about that?

Anyway, God doesn't care what we believe. In fact, He prefers that we all believe different stuff. He's unhappy when we all think the same way.

This is fun. Please let me know if you have any more questions about God and how He sees things.

Are you saying he doesn't want all the robots in my Sig photo? :eek:

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Should we continue to share the Gospel with the Jews if it offends them?

Personally, I'd be fine if you chose to stop. Y'all have done a fine job of making sure the information is out there, and I'm sure that we can find it if we want to read it.

The problem isn't with answering questions or telling people how and what you believe; it's in not being able understand that asking a question isn't an invitation to proselytize, to condemn, to insult, or to tell us how we don't understand our own religion and Scripture.

Disclaimer: The "you" being used refers to Christians in general and not you specifically.