• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Same Sex Marriage

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I only believe it because the bible says so.
No, it doesn't. The word "evil" doesn't even appear in the verse you cited.

And even if you think it implies evil, I strongly doubt you'll find anything in the Bible that says anything like "Romans 1:27 trumps 1 John 4:16" or even "everything Paul wrote was right on the money".

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I only believe it because the bible says so.
So then you also believe in owning slaves,

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. - (Leviticus 25:44-46)
rape,

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you. - (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)
murdering children,

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24)
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7)
Shall I go on?

gzusfrk

Christian
IM not going back to old law ,new law is jesus I ........think 9-10ths penguin miss understood me romans 1:27 talks about gays and 1 john 4:16 says god is love.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
IM not going back to old law ,new law is jesus I ........think 9-10ths penguin miss understood me romans 1:27 talks about gays and 1 john 4:16 says god is love.
But those verses are from the Bible, are they not? You said you believe in anything the Bible says, right?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No, I understood you just fine. What does it say about people who live in love?

Now, narrow this down and ask yourself what it implies about people who live in homosexual love.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
then your letting your self guide you not the word of god,
Yup. I take sole responsibility for me and my life.
my life and experences tell me I am full of evil. rotten to the core. yea it says that in the bible to.romans 1:27 i didnt make these rules and some of them I really dont like. but im working on overcoming that problem. all is in the new testament that is needed for salvation you just have to read it ,,,,,,,alot

How did you decide on that one, of all the holy books in the world?

gzusfrk

Christian
hebrews chapter 8 and 9 tells us the old testament is gone .hebrews 8:13 so I guess you could say I meant jesus. new testament. sorry

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
hebrews chapter 8 and 9 tells us the old testament is gone .hebrews 8:13 so I guess you could say I meant jesus. new testament. sorry
Okay... so is there no room in your conception of how things work for someone who loves God with all his heart, soul and mind, and who loves his neighbor as himself, who also happens to be attracted to people of the same sex?

gzusfrk

Christian
No, I understood you just fine. What does it say about people who live in love?

Now, narrow this down and ask yourself what it implies about people who live in homosexual love.
first what is love.. god is love. and if you love god he said to live how he says to not the way you or I say. love is what god says is love. HE sais thy word is truth.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Maybe you should tell drivingbackwards. He seems to think it's still in effect and relevant to this discussion.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
it is in the new testament how you should live, and its not easy.
I meant specifically on this issue. What exactly does the Bible have to say on same-sex marriage? Does it say a Christian shouldn't enter into one? What does the Bible say should be a Christian's response to non-Christians entering into them?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Loving someone is in no way akin to stealing or killing someone.

Unless you are one of those wacky fundie churches that doesn't believe in medicine. Then killing someone is expression of love I suppose?

But seeing as Jesus was all cool with that one Thief he was hanging out with... and god seems to love a good slaughter... who knows?

wa:do

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
what would your response be if they were a thief. or murder.
Depends. I can see two interpretations.

On the one hand, I think that it would be difficult to steal from or murder your neighbour while loving him as yourself.

On the other hand, if you go by some of the Epistles (Romans in particular), you get the impression that the true test of right or wrong for a believer is their own sense of morality: "each should be fully convinced in their own mind" and all that. So as long as the murderer or thief has "died with Christ to the basic principles of this world", as long as he thinks he's doing the right thing, it's okay.

Now how is this relevant to homosexuality or same-sex marriage?