• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saving Yourself for Marriage?

Shermana

Heretic
The other side is asking for proof of your claim. The burden of proof does not shift when your (obviously biased) anecdotal perceptions of women and men fails to hold weight for anyone else. So there is nothing to be done other then to categorize your claims as baseless and obviously biased.

Let me simplify this for you:

The study flat out says that Uglier women seek out more casual sex with a greater number of partners. More attractive women don't, and seek exclusivity and with fewer partners. This matches my personal observations as well.

The implications from that are up to debate. We have three options as I said:

1. Uglier women are, according to the study, seeking more sex for whatever reason, such as to psychologically placate their lack of self-esteem as Me Myself said.

2. There is a corrolation between those who do seek out more casual sex and those who are considered less attractive, possibly because the more casual sex makes them less attractive. This is the main alternative to the idea that uglier women seek more sex purely to make themselves feel better. There is no reason to dismiss it.

3. The more attractive women are sticking to exclusive relationships with the upper status men who prefer their purity.

Options 2 and 3 bolster two claims I've made. Option 1 bolsters a different claim I have not yet made but is related.

Shermana

Heretic
There is a great difference between a reasonable guess and a random guess.

You decided that sex makes them ugly "because"

The study says that long term exposure to someone makes people more alike because of facial mimic of the muscles given empathical relationships.

A hint: the guess needs to have some kind of explanation as to why it makes sense.

I could say that virgin women are more beautiful because religious people are more beautiful. I would need something to back that up to say I didnt pull it out of my butt. If only, some kind of explanation.

You havent given an explanation.

You say at sex makes people look alike but you dont know why.

Do you understand e difference?

Let me know when you pull out something that demonstrates that long term friends look alike in the same way that married and relationship couples do.

dust1n

Zindīq
Let me simplify this for you:

The study flat out says that Uglier women seek out more casual sex with a greater number of partners. More attractive women don't, and seek exclusivity and with fewer partners. This matches my personal observations as well.

The implications from that are up to debate. We have three options as I said:

1. Uglier women are, according to the study, seeking more sex for whatever reason, such as to psychologically placate their lack of self-esteem as Me Myself said.

2. There is a corrolation between those who do seek out more casual sex and those who are considered less attractive, possibly because the more casual sex makes them less attractive. This is the main alternative to the idea that uglier women seek more sex purely to make themselves feel better. There is no reason to dismiss it.

3. The more attractive women are sticking to exclusive relationships with the upper status men who prefer their purity.

Options 2 and 3 bolster two claims I've made. Option 1 bolsters a different claim I have not yet made but is related.

None of those bolster the claim that sex with multiple partners decreases one's physical attraction, except 2, which is pure conjecture on a correlation with no basis for its legitimacy.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Well, before we even got to the point, I'd have to see a study that actually suggests anything about what has been suggested in the past, which I have not.

Geez, Dust1n! Haven't you ever looked into the eyes of a woman after her first sexual encounter and noticed that she's grown appreciably uglier? Why, it's the most obvious thing in the world. Hundreds of thousands of people have said so. Hundreds of thousands!

dust1n

Zindīq
Geez, Dust1n! Haven't you ever looked into the eyes of a woman after her first sexual encounter and noticed that she's grown appreciably uglier? Why, it's the most obvious thing in the world. Hundreds of thousands of people have said so. Hundreds of thousands!

I guess I'd have to have a vested reason to see it.

Aquitaine

Is this guy still arguing that having sex physically modifies a Female in a way which makes her less "hot"?!

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

O.K wait ..so you start out "less attractive"(than who by the way?) so you seek out casual sex to feel more attractive and that makes you less attractive ?

O.K or the main alternative is that "uglier" (than who by the way) seek out more sex purely to make them "feel better"..

Hmm.. on the alternative sounds like all the horny (really horny) guys should get married to an "uglier woman" if he wants to get laid a whole lot.

We should do a poll.Guys who are married to "uglier women" do you get laid more than your friends who are married to "not uglier women"?

Guys if you are married to a "not uglier women" do your guy friends who are married to "uglier" women get more action than you ?

Then we can compose a thesis based on the results.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Is this guy still arguing that having sex physically modifies a Female in a way which makes her less "hot"?!

Um "less attractive" women have more sex and become less attractive..

AND "uglier women" seek out "more sex" purely to feel better.

IOW if you are ugly you are a ****...I think..

So you should get married IMHO then you can be ugly and not a ****...I think.

Aquitaine

I don't believe he's ever retracted his statement. But that might be simply because it's easier to pull something like that out of your butt than it is to jam it back up there again.

Hahaha! Indeed!

I just think it's funny how mystical and magical it sounds: that there is some universal phenomena that magically alters a woman's appearance as she has sex. :biglaugh:

Aquitaine

Um "less attractive" women have more sex and become less attractive..

AND "uglier women" seek out "more sex" purely to feel better.

IOW if you are ugly you are a ****...I think..

So you should get married IMHO then you can be ugly and not a ****...I think.

Sounds to me like some sort of medieval Virgin-fetish/obsession.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Now Im highly confused.What happens to women who are beautiful on the outside but ugly on the inside? Are they uglier than a less attractive person? And how often do they have sex? Or are they virgins ?

Shermana

Heretic
O.K wait ..so you start out "less attractive"(than who by the way?) so you seek out casual sex to feel more attractive and that makes you less attractive ?

This is Me Myself's conjecture about the results.

O.K or the main alternative is that "uglier" (than who by the way) seek out more sex purely to make them "feel better"..

That's the same thing as Me Myself's conclusion.

Hmm.. on the alternative sounds like all the horny (really horny) guys should get married to an "uglier woman" if he wants to get laid a whole lot.

That's not at all what I said, I specifically said the more attractive women seek monogamous relationships.

Sheesh, why does EVERYONE seem to have a hard time understanding basic sentences here?

Shermana

Heretic
Sounds to me like some sort of medieval Virgin-fetish/obsession.

It's not exactly limited to medieval times. It's a worldwide phenomenon that persists to this day, even in America.

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but there are Virgins auctioning off their maidenhead for obscene prices, and the competition for them is fierce.

Personally I think there's an eyebrow to be raised if you say you don't prefer virgins, I think it's 100% biologically natural to seek virgins for mates.

Shermana

Heretic
So, one study a law of nature makes?

There's definitely a lack of studies on the issue, but hey, sure beats not having any studies.

As I said four or five times, I'd love to get Conservatives to fund a study to look at the science behind this when they're not busy throwing their money at anti-abortion campaigns.

I don't believe he's ever retracted his statement. But that might be simply because it's easier to pull something like that out of your butt than it is to jam it back up there again.

I don't know why I'd have to retract that, especially when the main alternative explanation to the study is that it's simply a matter of uglier women seeking casual sex to make themselves feel better.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
So you are saying ugly women are permiscuous? Is that it? Not that not ugly virgin women if when they have sex become uglier?

Shermana

Heretic
So you are saying ugly women are permiscuous? Is that it? Not that not ugly virgin women if when they have sex become uglier?

No, Me Myself's conclusion was that ugly women will be promiscuous based on the hard data from that study. Let me know if you need further elaboration.

I'm just saying in my hypothesis (and multitudes of observations) that promiscuous women will be uglier in general. This does not mean they will necessarily be ugly. I know plenty of promiscuous women that I'd still be happy to massage. And have massaged.
Damn I must be dog Ugly !!!!

Why, have you been promiscuous or something?

Last edited: