• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saving Yourself for Marriage?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Depends. If you're a member of a particular population group that is trying to uphold what they believe and feel is "honorable", then yes, judging is in fact THE honorable thing to do, to ensure that such honorable standards are maintained. Absolutely.

See to me, that just sounds like poking your nose into someone else's very personal and private business. Perhaps it would be better to let people determine their own honor rather than set arbitrary standards upon private lives.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
No Daniel San! Honor is most important thing! Fun run out, but honor, and dishonor, stay with you...FOREVER!!!

:yinyang:
mr__miyagi_by_fallenjace-d3h2p9n.jpg

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Honor is so overrated... I would much rather have fun

fun at who's expense?

Having fun generally means someone is using someone to have said fun....you are effectively making a joke of them.

There is no fun in being treated like that.

Draka

Wonder Woman
fun at who's expense?

Having fun generally means someone is using someone to have said fun....you are effectively making a joke of them.

Wait, hold the phone, what??
Two people having pre-marital sex can't possibly be having fun together? Why does fun "generally" mean using someone or making a joke of someone? Do you never have fun with your husband or he with you? Would you say you are using each other or making a joke of one another when you do so?

Honestly Pegg, you are making no sense tonight.

Me Myself

Back to my username
fun at who's expense?

By your description you are either doing it wrong or imagining it wrong.

If two people give each other pleasure and they feel happy about it, then it is win win.

idea

Question Everything
it comes down to those who want the real thing, vs. those who are content to settle for a cheap, superficial, temporary imitation.

roger1440

I do stuff
How would you rank that compared to the advantages, if any, of having sex before marriage?
Sex is part of life. People need people. Sex is the most intimate interaction a person can have with another. If it is not intertwined with love and affection something very important is missing. It would be like sucking the sugar from a piece of fruit then discarding the fruit. At first the sweetness satisfies our craving but after a while only the whole fruit will fulfill us.

"Intercourse in which the other person is left out is masturbation, and anyone who has been used in that way knows what it feels like to be a device."
Love and Courage
By Hugh Prather

Me Myself

Back to my username
Sex is part of life. People need people. Sex is the most intimate interaction a person can have with another. If it is not intertwined with love and affection something very important is missing. It would be like sucking the sugar from a piece of fruit then discarding the fruit. At first the sweetness satisfies our craving but after a while only the whole fruit will fulfill us.

"Intercourse in which the other person is left out is masturbation, and anyone who has been used in that way knows what it feels like to be a device."
Love and Courage
By Hugh Prather

I have best friends and people that I am kinda fond of. I dont ignore the people I am kind of fond of because they are not my best friends, I enjoy them as I will even if it is not as much as a best friend.

Likewise, while sex may be better with love, it is pretty enjoyable without it too.

I dont think anything gets depleted, and if you think you are depleting an emotional something, you must be doing it wrong.

Draka

Wonder Woman
sex is better with love and loyalty.... anything else is a cheap imitation for those who don't have enough self-control to do anything better.

Do you somehow think those things only magically appear once the certificate is signed?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
sex is better with love and loyalty.... anything else is a cheap imitation for those who don't have enough self-control to do anything better.

Is it your impression that it's wiser to test drive a car before buying it or wiser to buy the car without having test driven it? And would you call test driving the car a lack of "self-control".

Aquitaine

Meh, I'm tempted to think no sex before marriage is somewhat overrated. Of course it has it's benefits, but so long as people are responsible, respectful and use protection (unless it's with a long-term partner before marriage etc) then I see no problem with one having sex before marriage.

If anything, it's a bit of a Try before you buy sorta thing. :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Love and Courage
By Hugh Prather

So, are you saying you regard someone you had premarital sex with as no more than a piece of fruit from which the sugar with eventually be sucked?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
it comes down to those who want the real thing, vs. those who are content to settle for a cheap, superficial, temporary imitation.

How so? I mean, going beyond your idle rhetoric, just how does marriage magically transform something into the "real thing"? Witch doctory?