• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeing That Women Can Go Topless Now Do You Suppose A Lot More Rapes Will Happen?

What the thread title says

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alceste

Vagabond
"Apart from seeing boobs?" There are predators everywhere, and you can't discredit a woman who is half naked without the possibility of a sick demented individual acting on it. IMO, it's a dangerous prospect. I can't make sense of what your getting at.

You're concluding that the sight of boobs is a universal trigger for creepy rapists, simply because you saw one creepy rapist on TV who claimed that seeing a woman he was already stalking getting undressed "triggered" him to rape her.

Well, some elderly widow down the street was raped by a home invader. That guy's "trigger" was the fact that she seemed frail and lived alone.

Two friends of mine were raped by their boyfriends, who were "triggered" by my friends' refusal to have sex with them.

Another friend of mine was violently raped by a guy she was dating who was "triggered" by the fact she broke up with him.

So if you're going to tell me I need to keep my hooters under wraps to avoid "triggering" a rapist based on one single anecdote, you need to also tell me I must never say no to sex, never break up with anybody, never appear vulnerable, never get old, never live alone... Where does it end?

You see? It's not my job to avoid "triggering" men to rape me. It's their job not to rape me, and the job of law enforcement to prosecute them for it if they do.

Alceste

Vagabond
I thought about it.I guess I don't "know" exactly why I have to worry about it.(more so than a man)..But I think I DO have to worry about it more so than a man.

Do you know why I do? Or am I just paranoid?

Love, I think you're traumatized, not paranoid. :hugehug:

Marie75

Liberal
You're concluding that the sight of boobs is a universal trigger for creepy rapists, simply because you saw one creepy rapist on TV who claimed that seeing a woman he was already stalking getting undressed "triggered" him to rape her.

Well, some elderly widow down the street was raped by a home invader. That guy's "trigger" was the fact that she seemed frail and lived alone.

Two friends of mine were raped by their boyfriends, who were "triggered" by my friends' refusal to have sex with them.

Another friend of mine was violently raped by a guy she was dating who was "triggered" by the fact she broke up with him.

So if you're going to tell me I need to keep my hooters under wraps to avoid "triggering" a rapist based on one single anecdote, you need to also tell me I must never say no to sex, never break up with anybody, never appear vulnerable, never get old, never live alone... Where does it end?

"You see? It's not my job to avoid "triggering" men to rape me. It's their job not to rape me, and the job of law enforcement to prosecute them for it if they do.
"IF they do???" Yes I see, however, I'd rather avoid a life scarring incident than to show my boobs, mind you without any clothing! In my opinion a woman walking around topless is at risk for rape, I'm sorry that I have to disagree. Yes it's wrong and a shame that we have to worry about predators! Absolutely! And no it's not just because I "simply" watched "one" show related to the topic of this thread, please don't base that one assumption on why I believe the situation to be dangerous. You know nothing about what I know or anything about me. It's common sense in terms of the wrong person to be around at the wrong place at the wrong time during the time she is topless. Most likely it wouldn't happen...but it sure could and I sure wouldn't put myself in that predicament.

Aleste "So if you're going to tell me I need to keep my hooters under wraps to avoid "triggering" a rapist based on one single anecdote, you need to also tell me I must never say no to sex, never break up with anybody, never appear vulnerable, never get old, never live alone... Where does it end?"

Being topless in public is way more riskier as than breaking up with somebody, never getting old, and living alone...IMO. Saying no to sex, well that could put you at a high risk... that I agree. The other things you mentioned are not as risky as walking around half naked! Now at nudist camps, that's another story. I think those gatherings are safe since it's somewhat monitored. I think you and I are just going to run around in circles with this debate. I'll let you have the last words because I already stated what my opinion is and need not to say more.

Last edited:

dantech

You see? It's not my job to avoid "triggering" men to rape me. It's their job not to rape me, and the job of law enforcement to prosecute them for it if they do.

Wow! Where do you live!!?!?? And what kind of boyfriends are your friends going for?

ignition

"IF they do???" Yes I see, however, I'd rather avoid a life scarring incident than to show my boobs, mind you without any clothing! In my opinion a woman walking around topless is at risk for rape, I'm sorry that I have to disagree. Yes it's wrong and a shame that we have to worry about predators! Absolutely! And no it's not just because I "simply" watched "one" show related to the topic of this thread, please don't base that one assumption on why I believe the situation to be dangerous. You know nothing about what I know or anything about me. It's common sense in terms of the wrong person to be around at the wrong place at the wrong time during the time she is topless. Most likely it wouldn't happen...but it sure could and I sure wouldn't put myself in that predicament.

Aleste "So if you're going to tell me I need to keep my hooters under wraps to avoid "triggering" a rapist based on one single anecdote, you need to also tell me I must never say no to sex, never break up with anybody, never appear vulnerable, never get old, never live alone... Where does it end?"

Being topless in public is way more riskier as than breaking up with somebody, never getting old, and living alone...IMO. Saying no to sex, well that could put you at a high risk... that I agree. The other things you mentioned are not as risky as walking around half naked! Now at nudist camps, that's another story. I think those gatherings are safe since it's somewhat monitored. I think you and I are just going to run around in circles with this debate. I'll let you have the last words because I already stated what my opinion is and need not to say more.
Hear, hear.

Alceste

Vagabond
Wow! Where do you live!!?!?? And what kind of boyfriends are your friends going for?

I live in Canada. One of them was assaulted in Calgary and another in Hamilton. That's not an unusually high number, though. Date rape or partner rape is the most common kind of sexual assault and about a third of women have been assaulted.

Wherenextcolumbus

I live in Canada. One of them was assaulted in Calgary and another in Hamilton. That's not an unusually high number, though. Date rape or partner rape is the most common kind of sexual assault and about a third of women have been assaulted.

I know of several people who have been raped too, most being incest, step dad, or friend of the parents type rape.
It is very common.

Alceste

Vagabond
I know of several people who have been raped too, most being incest, step dad, or friend of the parents type rape.
It is very common.

Yeah, I didn't mention my friend who was repeatedly assaulted by her brother as a child or my other friend who was raped by an uncle. I suppose we have to add "being a female child" to the list of behaviors that "trigger" rapists alongside showing our boobs.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Wow. Unreal.

All of this is worth repeating. Especially the last line.

Wherenextcolumbus

Yeah, I didn't mention my friend who was repeatedly assaulted by her brother as a child or my other friend who was raped by an uncle. I suppose we have to add "being a female child" to the list of behaviors that "trigger" rapists alongside showing our boobs.

:yes: we are punished for being female in different ways. To some men that is unbelievable and shocking, but for us it's life.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

f623bbab1072dc7e57ab3370924d7faf.jpg

Alceste

Vagabond
:yes: we are punished for being female in different ways. To some men that is unbelievable and shocking, but for us it's life.

Yeah - such things are hard to imagine unless you experience them directly - and when men are sexually assaulted (usually by other men), I imagine it comes as a bit of a shock that it's nothing like the steamy fantasy they imagined rape to be.

That said, the vast majority of men I've known in my life have been respectful of the boundaries of others. One person who fails to respect boundaries can impact a LOT of people throughout the course of their lives. So, while most rapists are men and most victims are women, there are way fewer rapists than victims. I think it's important to keep that in mind and avoid seeing "men in general" as the cause of the problem.

Kerr

Yes I do believe so. In a man's subconscious mind if you will, gives him the impression that she is looking for sex. Plus the strong sexual stimulation men get from seeing women dressed provocatively can be overwhelming...especially women revealing themselves without clothing presenting more exposure would make a man even more aroused. There is NO excuse for it, but some men just can't control themselves and think they are entitled...I think for those men their hormones dominate over their rational thinking.
I am far from a good example of self disciplin. Its not as bad as it used to be, though. When I was little, I would bite my teachers. And push over bookshelves. Could attack people for no reason. But it wasnt that I was a "bad boy", I was just so impulsive I couldnt control myself. It boils down to my ADHD. But dispite all my problems with self control, I have never had to control myself to not rape. Not when I was smaller. Not now, when I havent been embraced by a woman for far too many years. And if I ever find someone who would be willing, even if she asked me to stop in the middle of everything I would do that. Because I may be impulsive, but to disregard someone like that requires more then lack of self control. It takes a rotten heart.

ignition

Seriously wtf? Either you make friends in a rape victims center or you're flat out lying.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Seriously wtf? Either you make friends in a rape victims center or you're flat out lying.
I too know a number of victims of extremely violent rape.
But then, I'm nosy & prone to getting into unconventional discussions with people.

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

When 1 in 3 females are sexually assaulted in their life time you don't need to make friends in a rape victims center to meet LOTS of women who have been victims.

I know at LEAST a dozen women including myself and my youngest sister who have been sexually assaulted and I did not meet them in a rape victims center.And that's not even counting women who have "just" been sexually harassed.

ignition

When 1 in 3 females are sexually assaulted in their life time you don't need to make friends in a rape victims center to meet LOTS of women who have been victims.

I know at LEAST a dozen women including myself and my youngest sister who have been sexually assaulted and I did not meet them in a rape victims center.And that's not even counting women who have "just" been sexually harassed.
What do you mean you and your sister were "sexually assaulted"? What happened? It is VERY rare to meet or be friends with somebody who was raped. At least where I am.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What do you mean you and your sister were "sexually assaulted"? What happened? It is VERY rare to meet or be friends with somebody who was raped. At least where I am.
Where are you?
Perhaps they just don't divulge it to you in particular.
It's not something which comes up easily in casual conversation.