• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senate Republicans oppose Reproductive Freedom for Women.

Do you support access to reproductive healthcare, including abortion rights and contraception.

• Total voters
Something tells me such draconian measures would
potentially increase the incel population even more.

After all, the stakes are just too high to risk getting
pregnant, so that which results in pregnancy would simply
have to be avoided at all costs. Even if one wanted a
child, if there were some sort of medical emergency
that put the mother's life at risk, she's potentially
in trouble either way.

Celibacy sounds grand under those circumstances.
But I suppose the patriarchy could deem celibacy a
worthy enough sacrifice if it results in eliminating
abortions, no?

More cold showers and baseball games, fellas!
It's the pro-life thing to do.
:oops::rolleyes:;)

-

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Hello. I hope all is well up in your neck of the woods.

What you say is true. A faithful catholic will indeed oppose birthcontrol. The logic, of course, is that faithful will only copulate for the purpose of procreation. The eastern orthodox position is similar. Of course the ideal is rarely met in the nitty gritty of life for most people :cool:

Peace
Catholic hospitals have medically trained experts who know when an abortion is medically necessary and would do it when necessary as long as the draconian laws of some states don't prevent them from providing medically necessary care. I live in Washington state, where half the Hospitals are Catholic hospitals and our state government gets out of the way and lets them do their job without threat of lawsuits or imprisonment.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Catholic hospitals have medically trained experts who know when an abortion is medically necessary and would do it when necessary as long as the draconian laws of some states don't prevent them from providing medically necessary care. I live in Washington state, where half the Hospitals are Catholic hospitals and our state government gets out of the way and lets them do their job without threat of lawsuits or imprisonment.
Yup yup yup

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yawn

You are a broken (and misinformed) record.

Abortion is evil.

In other ways, you seem like a nice guy to have a beer with lol
Prove it. You only appear to have an emotional argument against it. If you want to convince those that do not agree with you emotional arguments rarely work, and even if you convince someone with one it is usually temporary.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Oh my, no one was forced to inject a vaccine. And yes, people that are selfish that was were rightly called "grandma killers". That is not forcing people to do the right thing. And some jobs required it. But one could always find work elsewhere. There are many jobs that require their workers to get various vaccines. For example nursing homes, in my state at least, required people to get an annual flu shot.
Oh my! You suddenly support fascism! Congrats!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nope! You made the assertion, so it's up to you to provide the evidence.
No, you could have asked for evidence, but before you even did that you took on the burden of proof by claiming that there was no evidence.

A wise debater would have asked for evidence if they could not prove that there was not any.

Laniakea

Not of this world
No, you could have asked for evidence, but before you even did that you took on the burden of proof by claiming that there was no evidence.

A wise debater would have asked for evidence if they could not prove that there was not any.
Then why haven't you? Aren't you wise?

Laniakea

Not of this world
Not even close. Allowing others to put the lives of others at risk is not "fascism. By your standards speed limits are suddenly fascist.

You post without thinking far too often. Slow down a little bit and try to engage your brain. Just spewing nonsense only makes you look silly.
Then maybe you should tell Biden to wear a mask now that he has Covid. Or does your standard not apply to Democrap?

Laniakea

Not of this world
Another reading comprehension fail. I was correcting your error. You need to support your claim or own up to how you screwed up.
You didn't answer my question about whether or not you're wise.
Try again. Not answering a question is admitting you don't believe you're wise. I'll give you the chance to prove otherwise.