• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senate Republicans oppose Reproductive Freedom for Women.

Do you support access to reproductive healthcare, including abortion rights and contraception.

• Total voters

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Imagine going to medical school - all that time money and effort - to make money killing babies. Crazy
Good thing that's not what they're doing.
They're providing medical care to women who need it. That's what their job is.

I'm guessing you didn't take the time to read through the material showing that infant mortality rates have RISEN in Texas, since their abortion ban was put into place? Or the statistics showing that most "late-term abortions" are done in emergency situations, to save the woman's life? Sounds like you didn't. You're the very person who should be reading and taking in that data.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Good thing that's not what they're doing.
They're providing medical care to women who need it. That's what their job is.

I'm guessing you didn't take the time to read through the material showing that infant mortality rates have RISEN in Texas, since their abortion ban was put into place? Or the statistics showing that most "late-term abortions" are done in emergency situations, to save the woman's life? Sounds like you didn't. You're the very person who should be reading and taking in that data.

Killing the unborn is NOT medical care.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Killing the unborn is NOT medical care.
Pro-life people are killing women and the recently born with their oppressive draconian laws.

How about I come into your doctor's office with you, next time something is wrong with your health, and I get to choose what treatement you receive (or don't receive). You don't get a say in it. If I decide you have to die, well, too bad for you.
How would you feel about this?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Right, they are chasing the $
Everyone chases $.
It's not inherently wrong....it's how we make a living.
Including anti-abortion groups collecting donations.
So that's a bogus criticism.

BTW, a quarter of pro-lifers even oppose contraception,
thereby favoring an increase in demand for abortions.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Everyone chases $.
It's not inherently wrong....it's how we make a living.
Including anti-abortion groups collecting donations.
So that's a bogus criticism.

BTW, a quarter of pro-lifers even oppose contraception,
thereby favoring an increase in demand for abortions.

Hello. I hope all is well up in your neck of the woods.

What you say is true. A faithful catholic will indeed oppose birthcontrol. The logic, of course, is that faithful will only copulate for the purpose of procreation. The eastern orthodox position is similar. Of course the ideal is rarely met in the nitty gritty of life for most people :cool:

Peace

Wandering Monk

What you say is true. A faithful catholic will indeed oppose birthcontrol. The logic, of course, is that faithful will only copulate for the purpose of procreation. The eastern orthodox position is similar. Of course the ideal is rarely met in the nitty gritty of life for most people :cool:

Peace
Every sperm is sacred.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
But yet, it is (biologically), human (when talking about the unborn), regardless of one's emotion. IMHO.
I disagree whole heatedly

But I deleted my post.

I don't care to debate here. I'm not changing anyone's mind. I don't want to. Bicker amongst yourselves. I'll fight the war within.

Peace.

Last edited:

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
But yet, it is (biologically), human (when talking about the unborn), regardless of one's emotion. IMHO.

But here is some food for thought:

"But better than both is the one who has never been born, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun" Eccl 4:3

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Fine as frog's hair!

Peace
In the part of my family (2 siblings) who've been
ex-communicated, the Catholic kids all got knocked
up before even graduating from high school.
The atheists on my side all waited til marriage to
start a family.