• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senate Republicans oppose Reproductive Freedom for Women.

Do you support access to reproductive healthcare, including abortion rights and contraception.

• Total voters

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
People have the right to resist social pressure.
But you would use government backed up by
threat of violence to "pressure" women to give
birth when they want otherwise.

That's what I call specious labeling.

Why don't you support your claim of forced
sterilization being a consequence of abortion
rights.

So you would deny all women abortion rights
simply because of your social engineering agenda
to populate the country with more people from
"bad areas"?
I can't have a discussion with you when you're blatantly making up things about what I think. What "claim of forced sterilization being a consequence of abortion
rights"? What are you talking about? The claim to force women to give birth is just an attempt at character assassination, as well. Fix your comprehension skills, go back and read posts, whatever you need to do, as I cannot work with this.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can't have a discussion with you when you're blatantly making up things about what I think.
I describe what I see in your posts.
And it ain't pretty.
What "claim of forced sterilization being a consequence of abortion
rights"?
When your posts are short on reasoning,
& seem more like meandering rants, it's
difficult to discern your meaning.
If you don't believe that it does, just say so.
What are you talking about? The claim to force women to give birth is just an attempt at character assassination, as well. Fix your comprehension skills, go back and read posts, whatever you need to do, as I cannot work with this.
If you oppose abortion rights, then this is
to force women to give birth. If you believe
otherwise, I'd like to read your argument.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I can't have a discussion with you when you're blatantly making up things about what I think. What "claim of forced sterilization being a consequence of abortion
rights"? What are you talking about? The claim to force women to give birth is just an attempt at character assassination, as well. Fix your comprehension skills, go back and read posts, whatever you need to do, as I cannot work with this.

Not allowing women to get an abortion is forcing the woman to give birth.
No idea why that concept is so difficult for the anti-women crowd.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

This was a messaging bill, that should be understood. But the Republican Senators have sent their message to American women. They do not support reproductive rights for women. Don't forget that. This is an issue that the Republican Party really cares about, they want to take away rights from women. You can see this in project 2025, you can see it in Agenda 47, you can see it in the RNC platform. And you can see it in the vote on this bill.

What do you mean by 'access'?
As in being legal or as in being free of charge?
If the latter, I oppose.

We Never Know

No Slack
Then you have not been paying attention.

Are you talking about women being forced into abortions by the state? In the U.S.? Recently? If so that is horrible and should be opposed strongly. But not by denying other women control over their bodies.

Yes reproductive coercion goes both ways(to have a child or to have an abortion).

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
What do you mean by 'access'?
As in being legal or as in being free of charge?
If the latter, I oppose.
I mean being legal, and the government not interfering.

Personally as an extreme leftist myself I would go so far as to say that it should be affordable so that even low income people can make that decision without going into debt, but I realize that might be to far for this audience, so I will just keep it about being legal.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Are you talking about women being forced into abortions by the state? In the U.S.? Recently? If so that is horrible and should be opposed strongly. But not by denying other women control over their bodies.
No. It's the fathers and the family forcing women into abortions, usually. There's a lot of shame and hurt surrounding this subject and so it's not spoken about much, but it's apparently not uncommon, as same as how general abuse and violence in close relationships is fairly common.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
No. It's the fathers and the family forcing women into abortions, usually. There's a lot of shame and hurt surrounding this subject and so it's not spoken about much, but it's apparently not uncommon, as same as how general abuse and violence in close relationships is fairly common.
Ok, that is wrong. We are in complete agreement on that.

But that is not a reason to deny abortion rights to those women who do want or need one.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I mean being legal, and the government not interfering.

Personally as an extreme leftist myself I would go so far as to say that it should be affordable so that even low income people can make that decision without going into debt, but I realize that might be to far for this audience, so I will just keep it about being legal.
It's good public policy to enhance liberty
in a manner that costs little, yet yields
results very important to the beneficiary.

It is cruel indeed to force poor women to
give birth to unwanted babies.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Is an "unborn child" really a child? Would you buy an unblown vase, an unglazed plate, or an unmade table? All these things are works in progress, but that vase is not a vase while it's a blob of glass on the end of the blowpipe, the plate that hasn't had glaze applied and fixed in the kiln isn't yet dinnerware, nor the table without legs, stain and varnish a table.

Any young woman who has used chemical abortion to kill her unborn baby and then has the misfortune of passing it into the toilet and gets to see something with a head, body, 2 arms, and 2 legs ends up realizing that yes, this was really a child.
But that's what Big Pharma does to women who use their product.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Any young woman who has used chemical abortion to kill her unborn baby and then has the misfortune of passing it into the toilet and gets to see something with a head, body, 2 arms, and 2 legs ends up realizing that yes, this was really a child.
This is a child?

22fleischman-image2-05-superJumbo.jpg

The Issue of Tissue | myanetwork

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But that's what Big Pharma does to women who use their product.
LOL! You cannot kill something that does not exist.

Shaul

Premium Member

This was a messaging bill, that should be understood. But the Republican Senators have sent their message to American women. They do not support reproductive rights for women. Don't forget that. This is an issue that the Republican Party really cares about, they want to take away rights from women. You can see this in project 2025, you can see it in Agenda 47, you can see it in the RNC platform. And you can see it in the vote on this bill.
Wrong. Opposing this messaging bill (your phrasing) does not equal opposing abortion. Furthermore you are misstating the Republican Party platform which has been newly revised. The latest Republican Party policy on abortion is that there should be no Federal bans on abortion but that abortion policy should be set at the state level.