• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senate Republicans oppose Reproductive Freedom for Women.

Do you support access to reproductive healthcare, including abortion rights and contraception.

• Total voters

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Then what are you doing?
Having fun. There is no point in grinding an old point into the ground. Mostly I just correct and move on. For creationists I offer to teach them the basics of science so that they hopefully quit claiming that their God is a liar, but creationists as a rule do not want to learn. They do not care that they call their own God a liar. They merely want to believe. You might have the same problem with Trump. You do not appear to want to know, you only want to believe.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Unfortunately, I believe that all so many Christians that support Trump believe some things about Jesus but not in him. Jesus taught what's called the "law of love", and yet when does Trump talk about "love one another"? Instead, he calls people names, insults them, elevates materialism, participates in hedonism, etc. Where are these allowed in the Gospel?

Gandhi noticed this as well when he said "All too many elevate the man and forget his message".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Unfortunately, I believe that all so many Christians that support Trump believe some things about Jesus but not in him.
The old no-true-Scotsman fallacy.
They just have a different Jesus,
& interpretation of the Bible.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Having fun. There is no point in grinding an old point into the ground. Mostly I just correct and move on. For creationists I offer to teach them the basics of science so that they hopefully quit claiming that their God is a liar, but creationists as a rule do not want to learn. They do not care that they call their own God a liar. They merely want to believe. You might have the same problem with Trump. You do not appear to want to know, you only want to believe.
I'm glad you got that off your chest.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Unfortunately, I believe that all so many Christians that support Trump believe some things about Jesus but not in him. Jesus taught what's called the "law of love", and yet when does Trump talk about "love one another"? Instead, he calls people names, insults them, elevates materialism, participates in hedonism, etc. Where are these allowed in the Gospel?

Gandhi noticed this as well when he said "All too many elevate the man and forget his message".
I keep hearing that church and state are separate, but now when we decide on who to be POTUS, the church is suddenly the main focus as a reason to not vote for the candidate of our choice.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I keep hearing that church and state are separate, but now when we decide on who to be POTUS, the church is suddenly the main focus as a reason to not vote for the candidate of our choice.
No, it is only one of many reasons. Too many Christians do not even understand their own Bible since it does not appear to be pro-life at all. The pro-life crowd is just a tool for the Republicans.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, it is only one of many reasons. Too many Christians do not even understand their own Bible since it does not appear to be pro-life at all. The pro-life crowd is just a tool for the Republicans.
The Bible really isn't anti-abortion.
I base this on having quizzed a Bible thumper I know
about passages related to value of life of a fetus.
I've never seen a Christian present an argument that
ever considered possible counter arguments.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Bible really isn't anti-abortion.
I base this on having quizzed a Bible thumper I know
about passages related to value of life of a fetus.
I've never seen a Christian present an argument that
ever considered possible counter arguments.
"It doesn't really mean that!!"

Does it say that?

"Yes, BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT IT MEANS!!"

That is the closest that I can come to a rational argument with some of them.

Caro

This was a messaging bill, that should be understood. But the Republican Senators have sent their message to American women. They do not support reproductive rights for women. Don't forget that. This is an issue that the Republican Party really cares about, they want to take away rights from women. You can see this in project 2025, you can see it in Agenda 47, you can see it in the RNC platform. And you can see it in the vote on this bill.
Reproductive rights for women? Women can reproduce all they like! No problem there.

LeftyLen

What is always missing from such 'arguments' is the total lack of regard for the life extinguished by an abortion. That is why the two sides on this issue keep talking past each other, IMHO.
This topic gets tossed from one branch of government to another, i see no resolution ever. Is abortion killing? Yes. Is abortion Murder? i dont know, the prolife rhetoric that it is murder is not matched by their actions, they are hypocrites. the secularists say its no more than getting a tooth pulled, also a lie. Lots of hypocrisy on both sides.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Perhaps you should stick to politics instead of attempting to misrepresent the Bible to those who know better.