• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexist Tropes In Video Games

dust1n

Zindīq
That's a list of known game characters. There are so many NPCs in games that it is impossible to determine their sexuality.

The list includes NPCs, too. Granted, I understand it would be difficult to go through all games and determine every characters sexuality. I'm just saying, it's not a prevalent element of gaming.

dust1n

Zindīq
BTW, because of this thread. I downloaded a 64 emulator and started playing Majora's Mask again. So fun. =D

Koldo

Outstanding Member
The list includes NPCs, too. Granted, I understand it would be difficult to go through all games and determine every characters sexuality. I'm just saying, it's not a prevalent element of gaming.

I would say it is impossible. There are some NPCs that don't even speak. :)

It certainly isn't a prevalent element of gaming.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
BTW, because of this thread. I downloaded a 64 emulator and started playing Majora's Mask again. So fun. =D

One of the first games i completed 100%. It is pretty good.

The saving method is rather hardcore though.

dust1n

Zindīq
I would say it is impossible. There are some NPCs that don't even speak. :)

It certainly isn't a prevalent element of gaming.

Ya, but you could reasonably make a list of all prevalent sexual identities and then list characters that have no discernible gender or character.

But ya, that's why I said something... just to put numbers in a little more context.

One of the first games i completed 100%. It is pretty good.

The saving method is rather hardcore though.

I can just save on the emulator at any point and restore it any time during game play, so I don't really worry to much about having to play the song of time or find an owl statue. :D

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I can just save on the emulator at any point and restore it any time during game play, so I don't really worry to much about having to play the song of time or find an owl statue. :D

Ah, yes. Save states are very handy. :D

By the way, i remember being very afraid of the third boss. ( I was like 12 back then. )
The best way to deal with it is to do the exact opposite of what any sane person would do in that situation. o_o

Alceste

Vagabond
Remember who you're talking to? :p

Pecs haven't been sexualized in the vast majority of video games, MM.

I'm not a video game designer nor an investor. I'm arguing against the point that sexualizing men already happens. It doesn't.

Whereas I actually am making games. I will see if I can talk my hubby into it, just for you!

Alceste

Vagabond
On the subject of sexualized men and whether huge biceps, pecs and abs are the equivalent of massive boobs, I dare anyone to google "sexiest man alive". The lists are filled with skinny, simpering, sparkly vampires. Not a single body builder anywhere in sight.

Alceste

Vagabond
It doesn't take an advanced algorithm to determine that women love Johnny Depp.

Sigh...

chocolat1.jpg