• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexist Tropes In Video Games

Alceste

Vagabond
Meh, I'll pass for these ones :/ I don't find anything attracting xD

Me neither. I like a hard bodied guy as much as the next girl, but I find steroid enhanced physiques very unattractive. The side effects alone (aggression and infertility) are enough to put a girl off, even apart from the silly appearance of overdeveloped musculature.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
A drop dead gorgeous scrawny celebrity who plays the guitar. For real. So sexy that even most men feel compelled to agree with his unquestionable sexiness.

He isn't particularly gorgeous. He has a pretty face though. And being able to play guitar is probably the most irrelevant thing to the whole. You either have to be a musician ( ;) ) or someone who tends to feel attracted to musicians overall to find it relevant.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Me neither. I like a hard bodied guy as much as the next girl, but I find steroid enhanced physiques very unattractive. The side effects alone (aggression and infertility) are enough to put a girl off, even apart from the silly appearance of overdeveloped musculature.

These guys in my posts were pretty far from the extreme though.
None of them have overdeveloped musculature. They are just quite strong.

Now if i had posted someone like this:

http://www.aboutbodybuilding.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/how-to-grow-big.jpg

That's another matter entirely...

Alceste

Vagabond
He isn't particularly gorgeous. He has a pretty face though. And being able to play guitar is probably the most irrelevant thing to the whole. You either have to be a musician ( ;) ) or someone who tends to feel attracted to musicians overall to find it relevant.

Clearly you don't know how female sexuality operates. Playing the guitar is entirely relevant, as is having a pretty face.

Things like playing the guitar make such a difference to a guy's prospects, I strongly recommend it to all awkward, pimply teenage boys.

You've got to ask yourself why we swoon over vampires who sparkle in the sunlight, while completely disregarding films like Rambo.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Clearly you don't know how female sexuality operates. Playing the guitar is entirely relevant, as is having a pretty face.

Things like playing the guitar make such a difference to a guy's prospects, I strongly recommend it to all awkward, pimply teenage boys.

You've got to ask yourself why we swoon over vampires who sparkle in the sunlight, while completely disregarding films like Rambo.

Well, sometimes. And then we get the women who find themselves going to Vegas to see the Chippendales show and it's all about the skin, the muscles, the moves, and the going full monty. And Johnny Depp is forgotten about for 90 minutes. :D

But that's okay. He re-enters the equation when the curtain falls at the end of the show.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

Clearly you are using your own bias to create an opinion over how female sexuality operates. It is particularly common to project how our sexuality operates into how our gender sexuality operates.

Playing the guitar is a great way to make one popular. That's why it can ( and does ) work to teenager boys. But Johnny Depp is already popular for being an actor, so....meh.

On a side note: I don't think mass killing people is a great way to attract women. Unless you are being saved...

Last edited:

Koldo

Outstanding Member
When I was rejected by the ladies I thought it was because my body count wasn't high enough to impress them. :(

Do you still have a rambo poster?

poster-vietnam-film-rambo-ii.jpg

Alceste

Vagabond
Clearly you are using your own bias to create an opinion over how female sexuality operates. It is particularly common to project how our sexuality operates into how our gender sexuality operates.

Playing the guitar is a great way to make one popular. That's why it can ( and does ) work to teenager boys. But Johnny Depp is already popular for being an actor, so....meh.

On a side note: I don't think mass killing people is a great way to attract women. Unless you are being saved...

No, I'm observing that when you see large groups of women screaming, weeping and fainting with overwhelming sexual desire, it's always over pop stars and never over body builders / fighters.

Face it. Justin Bieber is sexier than Sylvester Stallone. It's the terrible truth.

Alceste

Vagabond
And I'm sexier than both of them.

It's a twisted world.

Yes you are!

Fun fact: when stallone is working on a movie he requires a brand new pair of underpants delivered to his trailer every day. Tighty whities. Fruit of the loom. The least sexy underpants in the world.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Fun fact: when stallone is working on a movie he requires a brand new pair of underpants delivered to his trailer every day. Tighty whities. Fruit of the loom. The least sexy underpants in the world.

Apparently, we have very different ideas of what constitutes "fun."

Thanks for the image. I'll treasure it always.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
No, I'm observing that when you see large groups of women screaming, weeping and fainting with overwhelming sexual desire, it's always over pop stars and never over body builders / fighters.

What does this have to do with Johnny Depp?
He is famous because he is an actor. Not because he is a pop star nor because he is a body builder/fighter.

Face it. Justin Bieber is sexier than Sylvester Stallone. It's the terrible truth.

Considering the latter is 66 now...
And that many of those women screaming, weeping and fainting are actually teenagers...