• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexual orientation of forum members

I am:

• heterosexual male

Votes: 80 46.8%
  • non-heterosexual male

Votes: 36 21.1%
  • heterosexual female

Votes: 31 18.1%
  • non-heterosexual female

Votes: 24 14.0%

• Total voters

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
----- I hereby appoint myself temporary moderator -----
No more accusations of lying.
Be nice to each other, folks.
How about another poll:
  • I'm honest and nice.
  • I'm a liar and nice.
  • I'm honest and not nice.
  • I'm a liar and not nice.
Certainly no one could get into trouble posting such a poll.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
How about another poll:
  • I'm honest and nice.
  • I'm a liar and nice.
  • I'm honest and not nice.
  • I'm a liar and not nice.
Certainly no one could get into trouble posting such a poll.

I am appalled that you left out those of us who are snide and superficial! Simply appalled!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Would it be asking for too much to suggest Jay posted this thread in good faith, without meaning to belittle anyone's sexual orientation?

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Would it be asking for too much to suggest Jay posted this thread in good faith, without meaning to belittle anyone's sexual orientation?

I don't think it is too much to ask. That said, when concerns are raised and responded to dismissively, the belittling begins.

It was this early response:
So now we get treated to the ...
I'm not voting because there's no option the precisely identifies my wonderfully unique contribution to the gene pool!
... responses. Yes, I probably should have includes an option for asexual transgender empaths, but I suspect that its absence will do little to negatively skew the poll results.
...that influenced my opinion on the matter.

And ultimately intentions only get one so far. I've been schooled several times for my 'well-intentioned" discussions of race where frankly I deserved to get schooled, because I was speaking as a relatively ignorant white female about things I really didn't know about. So I educated myself and listened to the affected people and moved on trying to do better. I don't claim I'm some paragon of inclusiveness by any means, just trying to use an example to illustrate my meaning.

I'm not angry at Jay, just pointing out the problems I see with the thread poll and thread.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
As you are staff, and essentially immune to reporting yourself IIRC, you can feel free to do so if you find us off topic. I think this is possibly the only off topic post I've made in this entire thread.

Staff aren't immune to being reported or reporting themselves. If you want to make sure, you can report this post of mine. It will be reported just like any post from any other member.

Just wanted to clarify this as some members seem to not be sure what to do when they want to report Staff members. (You can also PM an Admin if you want to report a Staff member(s), including an Admin or Admins.)

Lady B

noob
I just don't get how this simple pole was made into a hateful and exclusive debate, seriously just because He, the poster didn't include every sexuality ever imagined by man doesn't mean he deliberately excluded some. His post was written for his specific curiosity not for RF's or the mainstreams, why can't he be given the answers he asked for? If you don't apply in these categories fine, your not applicable! Wait till the next poll includes your applicable response!

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I just don't get how this simple pole was made into a hateful and exclusive debate, seriously just because He, the poster didn't include every sexuality ever imagined by man doesn't mean he deliberately excluded some. His post was written for his specific curiosity not for RF's or the mainstreams, why can't he be given the answers he asked for? If you don't apply in these categories fine, your not applicable! Wait till the next poll includes your applicable response!

And technically, essentially everyone (unless they are ambiguous gender) is included, seeing as non-heterosexual includes every other sexual orientation.

Aiden

And technically, essentially everyone (unless they are ambiguous gender) is included, seeing as non-heterosexual includes every other sexual orientation.

No one has debated that, the only argument has been that heterosexuality seems to be the only orientation represented. Why is every orientation except heterosexuality lumped into one category? It doesn't make sense.