• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should all countries adopt a 2nd Amendment (Right To Bear Arms)?

Should all countries adopt a 2nd Amendment (Right To Bear Arms)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Colt

You specifically said to defend yourself against the Left's constituency.
Bull****! You don't get to "defend" yourself against people who just exist. And protect yourself against what? If anything I should be the one with a gun and taser to protect myself against Republicans and Christians who seek to do violence against trans people. And apparently also those who feel the need to shoot left leaning constituents and call it self defense.
And no, bull****, Dems have not shrunk the police force around America and like it or not Red states and cities have more violence.

That is a see of Red, and according to a source that leans Right.
Here's the safest, according to Forbes, and look at all the Blue, and take in all that Blue and understand America itself is an ocean of Red.
70% of convicted felons are (D)’s! That’s why the (D) party wanted to give convicts voting rights!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is room for improvement.
I wouldn't give up an important constitutional
right that's useful for self defense.
But it's not a "constitutional right." It's a radical reïnterpretation that effectively removed the first clause of the amendment and ran counter to >200 years of judicial decisions and tradition, not to mention original intent.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
St. Louis, Missouri, mayor is democrat
Jackson, Mississippi, mayor is democrat
Detroit, Michigan, mayor is democrat
New Orleans, Louisiana, mayor is democrat
Baltimore, Maryland, mayor is democrat
Memphis, Tennessee, mayor is democrat
Cleveland, Ohio, mayor is democrat
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, mayor is democrat
Kansas City, Missouri, mayor is democrat
Shreveport, Louisiana, mayor is republican
Missouri, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Ohio are all Red states. Try again. They set policy above cities.

Shadow Wolf

70% of convicted felons are (D)’s! That’s why the (D) party wanted to give convicts voting rights!
They are citizens and have the right to vote so of course they should vote. They pay taxes, they are citizens, they get a vote. The Constitution even guarantees the right to vote.
And your ignoring your statement of dedending yourself against the "Left constituency." Maybe I should carry mace incase I'm attacked by a Christian who thinks its ok to use violence against non-theists?

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Thats what the second amendment was based on, the right of self-defense. This is more important than ever with the (D)'s reducing the police force all around America.

Actually, it was about militias that used single-shot long guns in battle. Military formations had to be drilled to keep up a continuous fusillade. That is, while some were shooting, others were aiming, and others were reloading in coordinated fashion. The term "well-regulated militia" was probably meant in that context to mean "well-trained" or "well-coordinated". A regulated militia is the specific purpose found in the wording of the amendment itself. After repeating rifles came into use during the Civil War, the need for coordinated fusillades disappeared. The US ended up replacing its system of state militias with a reorganized National Guard (Militia Act of 1903), which does not rely on private ownership of weapons.

Until the 5-4 Heller decision turned it into a private right, it was always considered a right connected to collective defense, but those five justices were imbued with the interpretation that the NRA and its gun manufacturing sponsors had been working to spread for decades. Militias were almost always government-controlled organized paramilitary organizations in the past. George Washington even led militia troops to put down the Whiskey Rebellion in 1794. The rebels were using their own weapons to fight the actual militia.

Last edited:

Colt

They are citizens and have the right to vote so of course they should vote. They pay taxes, they are citizens, they get a vote. The Constitution even guarantees the right to vote.
And your ignoring your statement of dedending yourself against the "Left constituency." Maybe I should carry mace incase I'm attacked by a Christian who thinks its ok to use violence against non-theists?
If you fear Christian attacks then by all means cary mace or a gun. Maybe Christians might do a home invasion and attempt an exorcism?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I’m aware that you hate cops!
It all depends upon the cop.
Have you checked out my thread (at least 1)
about cops doing the right thing? But it is
true that I hate crooked cops who abuse
people.
I assume that you hate them too, being an
ethical person.
That being the case you need to arm yourself in case you are assaulted and too afraid to call the police!
Glock# 22 using Glaser Blue ammo.
Self defense is the individual's responsibility,
not the cops'. You already know that.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
images

We Never Know

No Slack
Missouri, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Ohio are all Red states. Try again. They set policy above cities.
Lol. Your post was about cities, not states. You threw those cities out there as a swipe at red states but you failed to realize those cities are ran by blue mayors.
Lets recap.... The top 9 most unsafe cities are ran by democrat mayors.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Lol. Your post was about cities, not states. You threw those cities out there as a swipe at red states but you failed to realize those cities are ran by blue mayors.
City governments have very little power.

Shadow Wolf

If you fear Christian attacks then by all means cary mace or a gun. Maybe Christians might do a home invasion and attempt an exorcism?
Not an exorcism but a physical attack. Christians occasionally do that to nontheists.

Copernicus

This could use a reference, since opinions may vary on how to rank cities as "unsafe". In any case, most cities have Democratic mayors for the simple reason that urban voters, especially in large cities, tend to be Democrats. Most violent crime occurs in densely populated areas, which is why urban voters tend to favor stricter controls on gun ownership. When a lot of people in a neighborhood own guns, stray bullets and ricochets become more of a problem.

We Never Know

No Slack
This could use a reference, since opinions may vary on how to rank cities as "unsafe". In any case, most cities have Democratic mayors for the simple reason that urban voters, especially in large cities, tend to be Democrats. Most violent crime occurs in densely populated areas, which is why urban voters tend to favor stricter controls on gun ownership. When a lot of people in a neighborhood own guns, stray bullets and ricochets become more of a problem.

According to @Shadow Wolf post #73, these are the 10 most unsafe cities, so take that up with shadow wolf
Now I took the time to look up the mayor in each one so you can take my word for it or look them up and see that I'm right. Your choice.

Nine out of the ten most unsafe cities are democrat controlled. The top nine

Only five out of the ten most safe cities are democrat controlled. Only one in the top five(#4)

10 most unsafe cities.

The 10 safest cities
Virginia Beach, Virginia, mayor is republican
Honolulu, Hawaii, mayor is nonpartison
Henderson, Nevada, mayor is nonpartison
El Paso, Texas, mayor is democrat
Mesa, Arizona, mayor is republican
San Diego, California, mayor is democrat
Raleigh, North Carolina, mayor is democrat
Anaheim, California, mayor is democrat
San Jose, California, mayor is democrat
Santa Ana, California, mayor is nonpartison

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
"most cities have Democratic mayors for the simple reason that urban voters, especially in large cities, tend to be Democrats"

With nine out of the top ten most unsafe cities being ran by democrats, you may have just found the problem

Copernicus

According to @Shadow Wolf post #73, these are the 10 most unsafe cities, so take that up with shadow wolf
Now I took the time to look up the mayor in each one so you can take my word for it or look them up and see that I'm right. Your choice.

Nine out of the ten most unsafe cities are democrat controlled. The top nine

Only five out of the ten most safe cities are democrat controlled. Only one in the top five(#4)

10 most unsafe cities.

The 10 safest cities
Virginia Beach, Virginia, mayor is republican
Honolulu, Hawaii, mayor is nonpartison
Henderson, Nevada, mayor is nonpartison
El Paso, Texas, mayor is democrat
Mesa, Arizona, mayor is republican
San Diego, California, mayor is democrat
Raleigh, North Carolina, mayor is democrat
Anaheim, California, mayor is democrat
San Jose, California, mayor is democrat
Santa Ana, California, mayor is nonpartison

I have seen very different lists for safest and most unsafe, depending on the criteria used, so people need to take these clickbait lists with a grain of salt. However, the fact remains that Democrats tend to run most cities in the US, because urban voters tend to favor Democratic policies, including especially gun control, education, and support for government infrastructure. Moreover, you are just looking at party affiliation without actually looking at the policies supported by the few Republican mayors. In my experience, most of those Republican mayors favor pretty much the same agenda as Democratic mayors, including being for tougher gun control laws.

"most cities have Democratic mayors for the simple reason that urban voters, especially in large cities, tend to be Democrats"

With nine out of the top ten most unsafe cities being ran by democrats, you may have just found the problem

Or explained why looking at superficial party affiliation does not actually show a difference between how Democratic and Republican mayors actually run city governments. Most importantly, you haven't shown why the policies of Republican mayors, most of whom seem to be elected in small cities in rural areas, actually lead to less dangerous conditions. You need to show a difference between Democrats and Republicans that could have a bearing on the criteria used to rank cities "safe" or "unsafe".