• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Donald Trump be Sentenced to Jail for 34 Felonies?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Right on! Can you imagine people who work for the Innocence Project being asked how they can believe someone in jail might be innocent if they don't show remorse?
Maintaining one's innocence and being remorseful hardly go together.
Of course where it comes to Trump he’s a chronic liar who has zero credibility or integrity, so he won’t show remorse for anything he’s caught doing. As long as he has followers willing to be duped he will keep lying for them.

We Never Know

No Slack
Right on! Can you imagine people who work for the Innocence Project being asked how they can believe someone in jail might be innocent if they don't show remorse?
Maintaining one's innocence and being remorseful hardly go together.
Yep. Innocent people aren't remorseful. More like shock and awe.

However I do believe Trump knew about and covered up the hush money payments.

You may disagree.

Sargonski

You may disagree.

I agree Trump tried to hide his past -- paying money to do so but, this is not a crime and so he should not be punished. It is the kangaroo justice clowns that should be punished with losing positions of influence and authority .. publicly shamed for turning our justice system into a 3rd world clown show.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I agree Trump tried to hide his past -- paying money to do so but, this is not a crime and so he should not be punished.
Right, the payoff wasn't the crime. The crime was trying to influence an election, and the means to do that crime was tax fraud, campaign finance crimes, and record keeping fraud. And it was a conspiracy, which tends to be a felony as well. The election interferance crime makes the other crimes felonies.
It is the kangaroo justice clowns that should be punished with losing positions of influence and authority .. publicly shamed for turning our justice system into a 3rd world clown show.
This is right wing rhetoric that has no basis in fact or reality, so we throw it out. Many right wingers are getting whipped up into a fury because they are being duped by right wing disinformation. There are plenty of reputable sources to get your news.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I agree Trump tried to hide his past -- paying money to do so but, this is not a crime and so he should not be punished. It is the kangaroo justice clowns that should be punished with losing positions of influence and authority .. publicly shamed for turning our justice system into a 3rd world clown show.
So........You are suggesting that we should not seek justice if a president is guilty of multiple crimes because it makes our country look like a banana republic. You want the United States Of America to be governed by an Autocrat so we don't look bad...,interesting.

Last edited:

Laniakea

Not of this world
That does not matter. Trump clearly did what he was accused of. The evidence was overwhelming.

I have seen people that were caught on video tape doing what they were accused of doing. They still denied it. Just like Trump. These people were psychopaths. Just like Trump.

When you try to draw an analogy to what what other people have done you have to make sure that the analogy applies. it does not do so in this case.

Repeat your CNN talking points all you want, but none of it is true, no matter how many times repeated.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Again, those people were all convicted on poor evidence. Show me one person that was convicted on strong evidence and then that was overturned and you might have a case. The Innocence Project works by proving that those people were innocent. Trump was clearly guilty. You won't let yourself see that. Others are not so blind.

Except for those who write posts like the one you just wrote.
Blinded by hate. Fun, isn't it?

Laniakea

Not of this world

You may disagree.
That phrase, "Hush money payment" is the one liberals want everyone to use. It's a talking point. In truth, it was a contract that Daniels accepted, and then violated. It was also legal.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Except for those who write posts like the one you just wrote.
Blinded by hate. Fun, isn't it?
What makes you think that I "hate". I just want to see justice done. I am not advocating for the death penalty for Trump, I am not even advocating for a life sentence, though he might go out of his way to earn one. I do not suffer from severe TDS as you do.

Can you tell me why he should have a sentence that is any lower than the man that lied for him? Michael Cohen went to prison for the crimes that he did for Trump.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That phrase, "Hush money payment" is the one liberals want everyone to use. It's a talking point. In truth, it was a contract that Daniels accepted, and then violated. It was also legal.
Prove that it was legal. The fact that Trump says so is actually evidence that it was not legal in the eyes of many.

Laniakea

Not of this world
What makes you think that I "hate". I just want to see justice done. I am not advocating for the death penalty for Trump, I am not even advocating for a life sentence, though he might go out of his way to earn one. I do not suffer from severe TDS as you do.

Can you tell me why he should have a sentence that is any lower than the man that lied for him? Michael Cohen went to prison for the crimes that he did for Trump.

Get your facts straight before posting again. I know it's late, but come on man!

Laniakea

Not of this world
Prove that it was legal. The fact that Trump says so is actually evidence that it was not legal in the eyes of many.
If a offered you $100,000 to keep something a secret, and then you signed your name on the contract and took the money, there's nothing illegal about that. It's called a non-disclosure agreement, and it's legal.
Don't believe me? Probably not. Anyway.....

Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA)
Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), also known as Confidentiality Agreements, Proprietary Information Agreements, Secrecy Agreements, etc., are commonly requested when two or more parties wish to enter into initial discussions about specific processes, methods or technology for the purpose of determining the potential for a future relationship. An NDA is a legal agreement which defines information that the parties wish to protect from dissemination and outlines restrictions on use. NDAs are also valuable to protect the ability to patent an invention, something that can be compromised if a disclosure of the invention becomes public knowledge. If you are sharing new processes, unpublished data or other confidential information, you should protect your rights by having an NDA in place.

Pogo

Actually got one more or less right, the media is wrong to say hush money trial, it was a falsification of business records to cover up a crime trial and that is what he was convicted of, not paying off Stormy Daniels.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Actually got one more or less right, the media is wrong to say hush money trial, it was a falsification of business records to cover up a crime trial and that is what he was convicted of, not paying off Stormy Daniels.

Uh huh. And that supposed crime that was "covered up"? What was it?

Pogo

If a offered you $100,000 to keep something a secret, and then you signed your name on the contract and took the money, there's nothing illegal about that. It's called a non-disclosure agreement, and it's legal.

Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), also known as Confidentiality Agreements, Proprietary Information Agreements, Secrecy Agreements, etc., are commonly requested when two or more parties wish to enter into initial discussions about specific processes, methods or technology for the purpose of determining the potential for a future relationship. An NDA is a legal agreement which defines information that the parties wish to protect from dissemination and outlines restrictions on use. NDAs are also valuable to protect the ability to patent an invention, something that can be compromised if a disclosure of the invention becomes public knowledge. If you are sharing new processes, unpublished data or other confidential information, you should protect your rights by having an NDA in place.
Actually a lot of NDAs are not enforceable, they are just written to scare people.
That said, it was not what the trial was about.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Actually a lot of NDAs are not enforceable, they are just written to scare people.
That said, it was not what the trial was about.
It included a payment, which Daniels obviously thought was acceptable. She agreed to it, and accepted money as well.
But she also sells her body for money, so she's a great witness for the prosecution and liberals nationwide to use as a role model.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

A federal judge in Los Angeles has dismissed a lawsuit brought by adult film actress Stormy Daniels to end a non-disclosure agreement she had with US President Donald Trump.​
US District Judge James Otero dismissed the lawsuit because Mr Trump and his former lawyer, Michael Cohen, have agreed not to enforce the nondisclosure agreement against Daniels.​
Judge Otero sent the lawsuit back to California Superior Court, essentially ending the case on the basis that it "lacks subject matter jurisdiction".​
Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, filed a lawsuit in March, 2018 to repeal a hush-money agreement that kept her from opening up about her alleged 2006 sexual relationship with Mr Trump in the final weeks before the 2016 US presidential election.​
Mr Trump and Cohen had first denied the allegations.​
But the President then admitted that he did pay the hush money to Daniels's lawyer but it was not for the campaign.​