• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Donald Trump be Sentenced to Jail for 34 Felonies?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
It is not an easy job. No matter how he rules there will be countless people attacking him. It is best to follow ones morals and hope that others will see the light eventually.
I juar hope and pray that he is consistent. Whatever that means!

stvdv

Veteran Member
You be the Judge! Is it appropriate to sentence Former President Trump to jail at this time?
IF they sent Trump to jail for those, they should sent many more politicians to jail.

IF he is such a bad person THEN why did Americans got him elected as President?

Or are the charges from after being President; don't tell me the CIA etc. didn't do a proper background check?

I would prioritize jail cells for really dangerous people, like killers and rapists etc. Here in Holland some killers walk free, because jails are too full.

Better not get yourself a criminal President

I would not send him to jail. And if he is a proven (jailtime worthy) criminal, make sure he doesn't run for President again

We Never Know

No Slack
It looks as if Trump will force the Judge to put him away. Right now he has a meeting with certain parole officers coming up. Part of what determines a person's sentence is that person's sense of remorse. Trump has none.
How can he have remorse? Trump doesn't accept or think he is guilty.
To have remorse, first one has to accept and admit they are guilty.

Between 4-6% of people in prison are innocent so they won't have remorse either.

JIMMY12345

You be the Judge! Is it appropriate to sentence Former President Trump to jail at this time?

I'm not looking for a prediction. What is your opinion? Consider his age. Trump is the preemptive Republican candidate to be President of the U.S.

edit: Consider any reasons for or against jail time.
This is unfair.Lots of prominent Americans , Putin and the elites from China to India are creative with business expenses (offshore and shell companies).Condemn the next President Trump by all means if you will.But for the right reasons.He will be the next President.He has the backers that will buy air and TV time.In a democracy Money dictates who wins.In places like Russia its simpler.They just shoot thier opponents.No No No.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Between 4-6% of people in prison are innocent so they won't have remorse either.
Interesting statistic where did you get that from? It is very clear that Trump is guilty. He knew that he was guilty, that is why he was found to be guilty from a very conscientious jury. They did not go back and say "Guilty? Yep, guilty. We are done here." They repeatedly asked the judge for clarification on issues and to see specific transcripts of testimony. They paid attention during the whole trial and wanted to get it right.

We Never Know

No Slack
Interesting statistic where did you get that from? It is very clear that Trump is guilty. He knew that he was guilty, that is why he was found to be guilty from a very conscientious jury. They did not go back and say "Guilty? Yep, guilty. We are done here." They repeatedly asked the judge for clarification on issues and to see specific transcripts of testimony. They paid attention during the whole trial and wanted to get it right.
Of course its clear Trump is guilty. I didn't claim otherwise.
However your post doesn't change or address what I said. "Trump doesn't accept or think he is guilty"

F1fan

Veteran Member
This is unfair.Lots of prominent Americans , Putin and the elites from China to India are creative with business expenses (offshore and shell companies).Condemn the next President Trump by all means if you will.But for the right reasons.He will be the next President.
Are you clarvoyant? Have special powers? If not, what you offer here is a guess.
He has the backers that will buy air and TV time.In a democracy Money dictates who wins.In places like Russia its simpler.
Not really. There have been politicians who spent loads of money and lost. Trump is disturbed and now found guilty by a jury. That is a huge liability for a guy that offers no coherent platform for re-election. Trump only seems capable of ranting and complaining, all filled with lies. At some point voters will want a stable candidate, and that's Biden.
They just shoot thier opponents.No No No.
That is why Trump envies Russia and China and North Korea, cheating is something they get away with there. Not in the USA.

Laniakea

Not of this world
we will se just how "big" a story it will be seeing as Hunters trial is going on right now.
The gun crime isn't the only story being fueled by the laptop's information. The fact that it is now acknowledged to exist and is being used in court brings to light the lies told by the MSM that the laptop's existence itself was "Russian disinformation".
Let's hope some investigations are done to find out who colluded with the MSM to push that lie when there was election coming up.

Laniakea

Not of this world

Right on! Can you imagine people who work for the Innocence Project being asked how they can believe someone in jail might be innocent if they don't show remorse?
Maintaining one's innocence and being remorseful hardly go together.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Have you ever been accused of something you didn't do?
Are you remorseful?
No? Then that's proof of guilt.
That's the reasoning you're promoting here.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
That is certainly an interesting hypothesis. However I can't help but wonder about how much of this glorious money is being spent on the campaign, and how much is being spent on Trump's personal legal expenses.
Do you suppose he will keep better track of it this time around?

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Have you ever been accused of something you didn't do? Are you remorseful? No? Then that's proof of guilt. That's the reasoning you're promoting here.
No, that's NOT his reasoning nor an apt analogy. Trump is guilty. He did exactly what he was charged with doing. He probably believes that it wasn't a crime, and he definitely believes that he should never be convicted of a crime whatever he does, but he knows that he did what he was accused then convicted of doing.

Trump's lack of remorse doesn't stem from innocence. It's a result of being a malignant narcissist. He is incapable of blaming himself or admitting guilt.

It must be even more frustrating for Trump to believe that he was played by Biden and Bragg than that he was guilty and got caught. He's wrong about Biden, but I'm not sure that for Bragg that it's not also partly personal, that is, that Bragg might not have brought these charges against others, but because it was Trump, bring it! Likewise with Letitia James' recent civil victory. She was also accused of campaigning to get Trump. Even if true, I don't have a problem with any of that.

But in Trump's mind, it's a game of chess, and he's just been checkmated. It's a game of wills and power, and his wings were clipped by people he despises and who despise him as well. He's like a thief who realizes that his pocket has been picked.

Did you see the movie Dirty Rotten Scoundrels? It's about con men who get conned by someone they viewed as a mark. That's Trump - the hunter who became the game and was cornered and "tased" publicly. MAGA likes its strongman to be strong, not played by the "woke."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Have you ever been accused of something you didn't do?
Are you remorseful?
No? Then that's proof of guilt.
That's the reasoning you're promoting here.
That does not matter. Trump clearly did what he was accused of. The evidence was overwhelming.

I have seen people that were caught on video tape doing what they were accused of doing. They still denied it. Just like Trump. These people were psychopaths. Just like Trump.

When you try to draw an analogy to what what other people have done you have to make sure that the analogy applies. it does not do so in this case.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Right on! Can you imagine people who work for the Innocence Project being asked how they can believe someone in jail might be innocent if they don't show remorse?
Again, those people were all convicted on poor evidence. Show me one person that was convicted on strong evidence and then that was overturned and you might have a case. The Innocence Project works by proving that those people were innocent. Trump was clearly guilty. You won't let yourself see that. Others are not so blind.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
After reconsideration why shouldn't Donald Trump receive the same or worse sentence than Michael Cohen received?