• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Donald Trump be Sentenced to Jail for 34 Felonies?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Again, no evidence that Trump was concerned about that, but there was evidence he was concerned about how this would affect his election chances.
Agreed.
But between the "protecting his wife" and "protecting himself from his wife", I will go with the latter of the two.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
He was convicted of a bookkeeping error.
Correct. Several, in fact. Specifically, the bookkeeping error was falsifying business records in furtherance of another crime.
That was the big so-called "crime" you want to see him pay for.
Not just that. More to follow. The stakes will be much higher for Smith's prosecutions.
A business record is a form of bookkeeping.
Yes, it is. Trump's methods were criminal.
A bookkeeping entry reflecting a payment to protect his wife
Trump doesn't care about his wife or anybody else including you. He just told a rally audience that he had sweltering in the noonday Las Vegas sun that he didn't care about them, just their vote. He also complained that people were worrying about the crowd instead of him. As his mind evaporates, his ability to deceive wanes and he starts saying the quiet parts out loud more frequently.

F1fan

Veteran Member
More likely to protect himself from his wife...
wonder what he stood to lose if his wife found out about an affair and filed for divorce....
Odd that it hasn't happened yet. But I'm sure there was a prenup that favored Trump (since he's had so much experience in divorces). I won't say anything bad about Melania, but I would be shocked if she had any true feelings for the guy. My guess she lives a separate life and is waiting out Trump's few remaining years. We really don't know anything about his health, but with his stress level, and poor eating habits, and overall poor shape, and his cognitive decline, it's likely not too many years now.

The irony of Trump's actions is that the affair has become an even bigger issue with the coverup crimes making the news daily. He really must have thought he could keep it all hidden by paying people off. He took the risk in cheating, and then it came back to be a liability when he decided to get into politics. And it became a criminal issue. In what way does any of this indicate Trump is a smart man?

In his meeting with his probation officer Trump admitted to still having a gun. He was supposed to lose access to any guns. I'm not sure how he made that mistake, as surely his lawyers are there to make sure Trump is following all the requirements of his conviction. If ever there was a time for him to lie it was then. It will be another strike against him when the judge considers sentencing.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A bookkeeping entry reflecting a payment to protect his wife.
Is protecting his wife the other" "crime?
There was testimony in the trial that that was not the case. They had kept putting off paying Stormy as long as possible because he did not care if the story came out after the election:

"He said Trump even sought to delay finalizing the Daniels transaction until after Election Day so he wouldn’t have to pay her.

“Because,” Cohen testified, “after the election it wouldn’t matter” to Trump."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's all you have to say? Really?

It wasn't an error. It was deliberate. Thirty-four times. Hence the verdict.
No, no, she has a good point. It is just like in the terrible accidental death of Julius Caesar. According to history 23 times Roman Senators tripped and accidentally stabbed Caesar. If Caesar could be accidentally stabbed 23 times I do not see how 34 separate times the same bookkeeping errors could not be made to support Trump.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No, no, she has a good point. It is just like in the terrible accidental death of Julius Caesar. According to history 23 times Roman Senators tripped and accidentally stabbed Caesar. If Caesar could be accidentally stabbed 23 times I do not see how 34 separate times the same bookkeeping errors could not be made to support Trump.

Touche!

Laniakea

Not of this world
He payed her off because he was afraid it would hurt his presidential run.(election interference)

Candidates do things all the time to help their presidential run. They make commercials that smear the other guy (slander), they raise money (bribery), and they get other people to talk them up. Then they run those ads on TV like ALL THE TIME just before the election to brainwash the public into voting for them. Ultimately, that's all election interference.
What they should do is simply let their positions be known, have a few debates, and then let the public decide. But no, they interfere by constantly bombarding us with talk about themselves--and the other guy.