• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should incest be banned?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
What is your take on incest then Mestemia?

agree or disagree.

ban or not ban?
Based upon the arguments for and agianst incest in this thread, I have to say that incest wins hands down.

Unless of course you have something other than it is "icky"...?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Its clearly a sing of mental/emotional problems and/or will lead to them. so yeah it should be banned given that its unnatural and genetically bad

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Its clearly a sing of mental/emotional problems and/or will lead to them. so yeah it should be banned given that its unnatural and genetically bad
So basically you think it should be banned do to the "Ick" factor?

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
It is immoral.
By whose standard? And why should your standard rule?

It is depraved.
This just means "REALLY IMMORAL" and again, by whose standard and why should your standard rule?
It distorts the gene pool
Only if children are born and even then it's not necessarily a guarantee. We don't require other couples to have genetic tests prior to sex.

It is a form of abuse.
Not inherently. It CAN be, but so can all forms of sexuality.

It is against the order of nature.
So is typing on a computer.

It is against God's Law.
Which not all of us follow, so stop preaching at us.

need any more reasons?
One reasonable one would be good.
Logical fallacy time.
Asserting fiction as fact
You didn't read the wiki page.

If you reply to my posts it is more than likely that I will reply back - that does not count as fixation.
Historically this isn't true, as you've ignored multiple posts that address your questions in multiple threads and ask the same questions over and over and repeat the same responses unchangingly. Makes the troll bells ring.

Look who's avoiding the question now.
Not at all, I've already responded to this DIRECT question from you and I'm not repeating my response because of your immature personal attack on Tiberius.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
did i say ick anywhere? I gave a psychological and biological reason.
Nope.
You did not say "ick" anywhere.

However, your post says nothing about psychological reasons (unless of course you are going to TRY to claim that "unnatural" is some sort of special elite code word for "psychological") and your "biological" reason (I assume you are talking about your "genetic" remark) is left severely lacking.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
It is immoral.

It is depraved.
These are both identical subjective statements and thus a poor basis for any sort of law

The very first potentially objective reason with any validity that you raised in that post... of course if they do not have children then it is clearly not a factor - also this same point would apply for an individual who carries any inheritable disorder... are you advocating eugenics?

It is a form of abuse.
Not so; as mentioned earlier, there are cases where it is not an abusive relationship, there are also cases where is is an abusive relationship. The focus therefore should be on abusive relationships, not incest.

Absolutely no indication of what this means, however given your previous posts I assume it is synonymous with the following point.

It is against God's Law.
Keep your 'gods' law to yourself - I do not want your judo-christian sharia law equivalent - and will violently resist if you attempt to assert it.

need any more reasons?
Yes. A valid one would be nice.

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
It is immoral.

It is depraved.
A rehash of "it's icky", these are simply personal taste, you've never presented anything to show why I or anyone else should feel this way about it.

Only if children come from the union. Irrelevant otherwise.

It is a form of abuse.
How so?

So what?

It is against God's Law.
Only relevant if you believe in a God that has such a prohibition. Reason enough for you to not do it. No reason at all to have a law banning it.

nnmartin

Incest needs to be evolved out out.

Those that perform incest are dysfunctional - it also produces abnormal offspring.

Hence, by banning it then over a period of time its incidence should decrease.

We need to help evolution and the laws of nature here.

I would also like to add that ALL incest is a form of abuse, whether consensual or not.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep

Those that perform incest are dysfunctional - it also produces abnormal offspring.

I would also like to add that ALL incest is a form of abuse, whether consensual or not.
Yes, because putting something aside as taboo always makes it undesirable...

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess

I don't see any evidence to suggest that only those who are dysfunctional perform incest. Abnormal offspring is a problem, but that can be solved by banning reproduction within incest rather than banning incest itself.

But then of course, you must also support banning anyone with genetic defects or inheritable diseases from reproducing as well.

How so? How is it abusive to have consensual sex?

nnmartin

absolute nonsense! - people do all sorts of despicable things that are against the law.

This does not mean they are desirable in the slightest.

nnmartin

Abnormal offspring is a problem, but that can be solved by banning reproduction within incest rather than banning incest itself.
How on Earth would you manage to do that?

forced sterilisation?
But then of course, you must also support banning anyone with genetic defects or inheritable diseases from reproducing as well.
Not at all - why would you have to do this as well?

It is not the same thing.
How so? How is it abusive to have consensual sex?
In cases of incest it can never be considered to be truly consensual due to subliminal psychology.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
absolute nonsense! - people do all sorts of despicable things that are against the law.

This does not mean they are desirable in the slightest.
How often do you eat your own feces? Is there a rule against it? Because it's certainly undesirable.

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
How on Earth would you manage to do that?

forced sterilisation?

You could, or you could do what we do now with incest, imprison those who do it.

Not at all - why would you have to do this as well?

It is not the same thing.

You're right there, in most cases the odds are much higher that problems with the parents will be passed on to their children. You have more of a reason to punish parents that pass on such problems, not less. It is also something that occurs far more often, and is thus more of a problem.

In cases of incest it can never be considered to be truly consensual due to subliminal psychology.

And where is your evidence for this assertion?

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Taboo = socially unacceptable ( in a region or locality ). That's it. Nudism is taboo in my locality. I do not think it is wrong or gross. Things are what they are. Long hair on men was taboo 50 years ago, now it's considered dated.

Now, I have problems with incest, specifically within intermediate family members. But who am I?

nnmartin

You could, or you could do what we do now with incest, imprison those who do it.

Well that is one possibility but it does leave the difficult problem of what to do with the children whose parents were now in jail.

How do you propose that problem to be overcome?

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
Well that is one possibility but it does leave the difficult problem of what to do with the children whose parents were now in jail.

How do you propose that problem to be overcome?

You can't overcome that problem. The kids get put into care. The same would presumably happen to children born of incest.

Also you seem to have missed the request for evidence of subliminal psychology making incest non consensual.