• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should incest be banned?

Tiberius

not legal rape though surely.

I mean how about if you sleep with a prostitute who only does it for the money - surely that is not rape.

If you are talking about a kind of moral rape then please say so and we can discuss that

No it isn't rape if you sleep with a prostitute because she willingly goes along with it. Of course, there are some women who are being forced to prostitute themselves, and that's a different story, but for a woman who chooses to be a prostitute, then how is it rape if she willingly does it?

nnmartin

well, because from your last few posts you seemed to be making out that it was rape if you had sex but didn't really want it.

anyway, let's move on as this is a separate topic and I get the idea of what you are saying.

but with a family and incest we still have the issue of subliminal pressure.

Wouldn't you say that trying to please your parents for example could be seen as a kind of subliminal pressure due to culture and upbringing?

Last edited:

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
The day you actually seem to be reading your replies and learning, is the day I'll bother. How many answers on rape and you still ask the same questions over and over...
The standard Drolefille escape clause comes to the rescue yet again.:sarcastic

You'll note I addressed your latest question pages ago...

Forum trolls are so weird.

Tiberius

well, because from your last few posts you seemed to be making out that it was rape if you had sex but didn't really want it.

And why shouldn't be called rape if the person having sex doesn't want to be involved?

but with a family and incest we still have the issue of subliminal pressure.

Wouldn't you say that trying to please your parents for example could be seen as a kind of subliminal pressure due to culture and upbringing?

You seem to be assuming that this is the only way that incest occurs. That is not true.

Look, I'll make it clear...

If two people - any two people, be they complete strangers or brother and sister - have sex and one of them doesn't want to be involved, then it is rape. And it is wrong because it is rape.

If two people - any two people, be they complete strangers or brother and sister - have sex and both of them desire to be involved, both have the opportunity to leave and neither of them takes it, both say, "Yes, I really do want to be involved in this," then it is not rape.

Get it?

it seems that the only way you can show that it is wrong is to say that one of them is being pressured. And that is wrong - not because it is incest but because it is rape.

nnmartin

And why shouldn't be called rape if the person having sex doesn't want to be involved?
I suggest you start a new thread on this very topic - could you handle that?
If two people - any two people, be they complete strangers or brother and sister - have sex and one of them doesn't want to be involved, then it is rape. And it is wrong because it is rape.
you never answered my previous question.

here it is again: If I have sex with my girlfriend to keep her happy but I don't want it myself then is she raping me?
it seems that the only way you can show that it is wrong is to say that one of them is being pressured. And that is wrong - not because it is incest but because it is rape.

Err......no!

It is wrong for 2 reasons in this case.

Rape and Incest.

nnmartin

The day you actually seem to be reading your replies and learning, is the day I'll bother.

aah ...I see, a Drolefille post is one of education and knowledge of all things.

If you don't agree with Drolefille then you must be wrong.

Of course - now I see the light! :sarcastic

nnmartin

Drolefille is correct.

Well done Tibs, you've finally found a girlfriend!:flirt:

The funny thing is that is that she also disagrees with Incest so you are on your own here.

Drolefille, correct me if I am wrong though - do you agree or disagree with Incest?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Ah yes.
The higher Christian moral ground being displayed in all it's magnificent glory...

You must be a real legend in your own mind

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
So far nobody has identified anything wrong with incest itself, only with examples that include something else morally wrong. Given that this will be the 234th post in this thread it seems unlikely that anyone will.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
aah ...I see, a Drolefille post is one of education and knowledge of all things.

If you don't agree with Drolefille then you must be wrong.

Of course - now I see the light! :sarcastic
You're awfully fixated on me. And very good at avoiding responding to ANYTHING relevant to the post when you know you're losing.

Well done Tibs, you've finally found a girlfriend!:flirt:
Are you twelve?
The funny thing is that is that she also disagrees with Incest so you are on your own here.

Drolefille, correct me if I am wrong though - do you agree or disagree with Incest?
If you don't know by now, I'm certainly not going to repeat myself.

nnmartin

So far nobody has identified anything wrong with incest itself, only with examples that include something else morally wrong. Given that this will be the 234th post in this thread it seems unlikely that anyone will.

It is immoral.

It is depraved.

It distorts the gene pool

It is a form of abuse.

It is against the order of nature.

It is against God's Law.

need any more reasons?

nnmartin

You're awfully fixated on me. And very good at avoiding responding to ANYTHING relevant to the post when you know you're losing.
Logical fallacy time.
Asserting fiction as fact

If you reply to my posts it is more than likely that I will reply back - that does not count as fixation.

If you don't know by now, I'm certainly not going to repeat myself.
Look who's avoiding the question now.

al gazali

This topic has been mentioned in passing in a few threads recently so I thought it would be time to address the issue head on.

Should incest be banned and is it wrong?

I'd say yes and yes.

All the supposed logical fallacies apply here:

It's depraved, immoral, leads to retardation, God forbids it, its unnatural and is just out and out weird. Many more issues of course as well.

Subjective, objective or whatever type of reasoning - it is wrong and should be banned.

When I say incest I'm really talking about close family members.

I'll try to be open minded here but I can't really see any justification for legalisation.

Anyone have anything to say on this?
hhh why is it legal where :facepalm::facepalm:

nnmartin

not sure what you mean by that post.

we are talking really about whether it should be legal or not.

what are your views?