• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should we fear Islam?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I would use the Ignore feature ,but i would feel guilty for leaving a fellow human in the darkness .. i have a QUESTION for you why are you asking about what OUR prophet did ??

Please continue to enlighten me; it's been very educational so far.

Well, was he an influential person? Did his life have any effect on the modern world? Are there children right now being married to old men who justify their actions because they're emulating the prophet?

Furthermore, are Muslims sticking their nose into my business and persecuting me for a way of life which, in contrast to their prophet, is quite moral, and harms no one?

But good job at ignoring the question: Sex with children--right or wrong?

Please continue to enlighten me; it's been very educational so far.

Well, was he an influential person? Did his life have any effect on the modern world? Are there children right now being married to old men who justify their actions because they're emulating the prophet?

Furthermore, are Muslims sticking their nose into my business and persecuting me for a way of life which, in contrast to their prophet, is quite moral, and harms no one?

But good job at ignoring the question: Sex with children--right or wrong?
SEX with CHILDREN is VERY WRONG in our time

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
IT IS RELATIVE .... today in non-Muslim countries girls have sex at the age of 12 to 13 when this happens in a Muslim family the parents GO NUTS

see my point

No, what is it relative to? Is it ever right for an adult man to have sex with a little girl?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
then why is this very common in non Muslim countries if its wrong?

You want to know why people do things that are wrong? I think male lust and power are probably the main reasons. Are you saying that this shows that it is not wrong?

In your view, is it right or wrong?

challupa

I think a prophet should have known it was wrong and been a shining example that would lead to ending such a practice. Aren't prophets supposed to be role models?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Muhammad was a man influenced by his day and time. This must be taken into account when speaking of him. He could have claimed to have been a prophet and done things we in today's world consider bad. Remember the society he came from. Moses wasn't sunshine and daisies either, in fact, if Moses really existed, I'd say he was the most evil man who ever lived.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Muhammad was a man influenced by his day and time. This must be taken into account when speaking of him. He could have claimed to have been a prophet and done things we in today's world consider bad. Remember the society he came from.
Yet being a prophet of god and supposedly the very LAST prophet of god, one would think that god would have not given him permission to have sex with a nine year old let alone, as a few have implied, MADE him have sex with a nine year old.

Moses wasn't sunshine and daisies either, in fact, if Moses really existed, I'd say he was the most evil man who ever lived.
What the hell does Moses have to do with it?
Seems to me that you are merely trying trying to change the subject.