• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slavery (Women) and Islam

Union

How does it work the other way round?

If you say to your wife that you want to sleep with your neighbor tonight, what should she do?

Should she behave differently and simply let you go or Is she owing you too? If not, why not?

Ciao

- viole

I think she should kick his bolts:D.
It is forbidden to have sex outside marriage in Islam .

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Not lawful to you are women after , nor for you to exchange them for wives, even if their beauty were to please you, except what your right hand possesses. And ever is Allah , over all things, an Observer. (Quran 33:52)

Why Allah here supports slavery of women.

Peace be on all.
1=
The truth abut female slaves is that foes of Muslims in Holy Prophet (s.a.w.)'s time persecuted Muslims in various heinous ways; murder, cutting hand feet and nose etc of martyrs, killing children, dragging on hot sand with stones on chest, abduction of ladies to use as slaves etc.

For a long times, those Muslims were commanded to show patient.

When matter crossed limits, God allowed equal retaliation so that cruel people stop. Surely God is Kind but He is Just too......... This was His sense of Honour which sank people of Noah and turned the earth on people of Lot. Same treatment was eventually done with barbarics in the time of early Islam when they would not stop hurting believing women.

Now such conditions are absent, so as such slave making.

(Gist: Discourse by Ahmadiyya Muslim Promised Messiah Mahdi (on whom be peace), Ruhani Khazain, Vol 23, alislam.org]

2=
Elucidation of Freedom, Slavery and Islamic teachings (By Ahmadiyya Muslim Khalifah a.t.)
https://www.alislam.org/friday-sermon/2011-11-25.html

3=
[90:11] And We have pointed out to him (man) the two highways (of good and evil).
[90:12] But he attempted not the ascent (courageously).
[90:13] And what should make thee know what the ascent is?
[90:14] (It is) the freeing of a slave.
[90:15] Or feeding in a day of hunger.
[90:16] An orphan near of kin,
[90:17] Or a poor man (lying) in the dust.
[90:18] Again, he should have been of those who believe and exhort one another to perseverance and exhort one another to mercy.
[90:19] These are the people of the right hand.
[90:20] But those who disbelieve Our Signs, they are the people of the left hand.
(alislam.org/quran)

4=
Holy Quran is for all times with no abrogation; all necessary and possible commandments for human society are present in it.

5=
It is not fun subject; latter people used it as licence. It is a subject of crying and sorrow.

Last edited:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
A woman has to answer such question.

If your husband is very rich, and he gave you a house to live in and a maid to serve you and you have your children to care about and he is always very precious with you,all your needs are answered, so whats your feeling if he is so good with you but he may have sex with other women but with your knowledge and not in secret.

Yes. But reverse the genders.

Where I come from it is not unusual to have the roles inverted: woman with highly paid job providing for the man and the man taking care of the children.

So, if she is so good with you but she may have sex with other men but with your knowledge and not in secret, what is your feeling?

Ciao

- viole

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yes. But reverse the genders.

Where I come from it is not unusual to have the roles inverted: woman with highly paid job providing for the man and the man taking care of the children.

So, if she is so good with you but she may have sex with other men but with your knowledge and not in secret, what is your feeling?

Ciao

- viole

In Islam men are the one responsible to secure women and spend money on them and not the contrary.

i ain't in need and that is God's favor on me that i have enough money more than i need.

That being said, if i am a poor man and there is a woman that can buy to me a house and a maid to serve me (in dreams),then if she asked for having sex with other one (which she can do and kick me too),then i won't care.

Actually that is happening in secret by both.

Cheating wives narrowing the infidelity gap: report* - NY Daily News

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
In Islam men are the one responsible to secure women and spend money on them and not the contrary.

i ain't in need and that is God's favor on me that i have enough money more than i need.

That being said, if i am a poor man and there is a woman that can buy to me a house and a maid to serve me (in dreams),then if she asked for having sex with other one (which she can do and kick me too),then i won't care.

Actually that is happening in secret by both.

Cheating wives narrowing the infidelity gap: report* - NY Daily News

Fair enough.

But you critized a poster for holding opinions contrary to muslim doctrine while calling herself a muslim. And you are doing exactly the same here.

You don't care if a woman provides for you even thought this is not allowed by Islam, apparently.

Ciao

- viole

seeking4truth

If a woman has sexual relationships with more than one man there may be paternity issues as who would know who was the father of children born in such a situation?

Another issue is the presence of sperm from more than one man in her body. These sperms attack each other and may thereby create harmful environments inside her body.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Fair enough.

But you critized a poster for holding opinions contrary to muslim doctrine while calling herself a muslim. And you are doing exactly the same here.

You don't care if a woman provides for you even thought this is not allowed by Islam, apparently.

Ciao

- viole

I won't care if she want to spend her money on other men too against sex which is irrational for women to do

gnostic

The Lost One
seeking4truth said:
If a woman has sexual relationships with more than one man there may be paternity issues as who would know who was the father of children born in such a situation?

Another issue is the presence of sperm from more than one man in her body. These sperms attack each other and may thereby create harmful environments inside her body.

Both are nothing more than pitiful excuses, which it is alright for men to have extramarital affairs, and women can't.

And the last claim (last paragraph) are simply baseless superstition.

kashmir

Well Pegg, having sex with slaves without marrying them is not considered a sin in our religion. This right is reserved for the males only just like polygamy.

So none rape their slaves?
Being a slave means to be held against ones will and doing what is told, so the women all agree to have sex with their captors?

Also, considering "god" says it's ok for men to be polygamous but not women and they can face death for adultery and there is a few threads on one woman being hung for marring outside the muslim faith, and others are stoned to death for marrying men that daddy did not approve of, something is not adding up.

Basically, this seems that is only adultery if some man comes along and is offended on who the woman has sex with, them being married in gods eyes, isn't even relevant.
So, this is not even gods rules to begin with, if man gets to go against god, from my perspective.

Draupadi

I don't support slavery or polygamy, I am just stating the facts. By the way there are two posts in the thread that proves that slave concubinage is not allowed in Islam.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I don't support slavery or polygamy, I am just stating the facts. By the way there are two posts in the thread that proves that slave concubinage is not allowed in Islam.

Why not supporting polygamy.

For example, if you were single and one famous and successful Musician and singer such as Habib Wahid loved you and wanted you as his 2nd wife,of course many girls are fond of him in your homeland, will you agree ?

[youtube]CVvuc5l_jYA[/youtube]
Antohin - Habib Wahid - YouTube

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

For example, if you were single and one famous and successful Musician and singer such as Habib Wahid loved you and wanted you as his 2nd wife,of course many girls are fond of him in your homeland, will you agree ?

women weren't made to be a mans '2nd' or '3rd' or ..... no man is worth that. I dont think men really understand how women think in regard to the relationship they 'want' to have with a man. To us we are equal partners and we are 'one' together. You can't be 'one' together when you have 3 or 4 other women in the bed. That is not the way to dignify any relationship.

God created one woman for the first man. If he wanted polygamy to be the norm, then he would have given Adam more then one wife. But he didnt. Can you explain why not???

Draupadi

Both men and women can be polygamous. There are cases of both where all partners are happy. And if they are happy so who am I to interfere? But personally I feel polygamy (both types) are not my thing.

Draupadi

Oh no Fear God. Even if Prophet Joseph asked me to, no. That's because he already has Zuleikha. If he divorces and stops loving her, then maybe.....

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Oh no Fear God. Even if Prophet Joseph asked me to, no. That's because he already has Zuleikha. If he divorces and stops loving her, then maybe.....

Irony-Meter-Explode.jpg

That is because you are a good woman, but i don't think that he even dare to look at you.

That is your choice, but that doesn't mean that all women think the same way or as good as you,many of them wish a kiss from a famed person.

[youtube]MD9pcGonqeI[/youtube]
Justin Bieber's Crazed Fans - YouTube

Union

Benefiting the Orphan is the only valid reason for polygamy

Muslim men think that if he is handsome , rich or can convince women , he is able to marry up to maximum four women of his choice for his sexual fantasy . Women in the Muslim word also accepted this fact and swallowed this hard-fact (for them obviously-no woman wants her husband to be shared by other woman) , thinking this is Almighty GOD's rule , what you can do .

But the true fact is different . ALLAH (swt) imposed the only condition to allow polygamy if and only if it benefits the orphans . The following noble verse is very clear in this regard :

[004:003] And if ye fear that ye will not deal fairly by the orphans, marry of the women , who seem good to you, two or three or four; and if ye fear that ye cannot do justice then one or that your right hands possess. Thus it is more likely that ye will not do injustice.

Again another condition is imposed over the condition . If we are failing to treat the women equally , we have to satisfy with only one marriage from orphans (mother of the orphan or orphans themselves who reach to the age of maaarige ) or with our wife whom we married already (right hand possesses in the verse) .

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Benefiting the Orphan is the only valid reason for polygamy

Muslim men think that if he is handsome , rich or can convince women , he is able to marry up to maximum four women of his choice for his sexual fantasy . Women in the Muslim word also accepted this fact and swallowed this hard-fact (for them obviously-no woman wants her husband to be shared by other woman) , thinking this is Almighty GOD's rule , what you can do .

But the true fact is different . ALLAH (swt) imposed the only condition to allow polygamy if and only if it benefits the orphans . The following noble verse is very clear in this regard :

[004:003] And if ye fear that ye will not deal fairly by the orphans, marry of the women , who seem good to you, two or three or four; and if ye fear that ye cannot do justice then one or that your right hands possess. Thus it is more likely that ye will not do injustice.

Again another condition is imposed over the condition . If we are failing to treat the women equally , we have to satisfy with only one marriage from orphans (mother of the orphan or orphans themselves who reach to the age of maaarige ) or with our wife whom we married already (right hand possesses in the verse) .

Yes the verse is very clear about a conditional marriage and only for the sake of supporting the orphans, but i may weigh on that for supporting the poor maids, many are doing it whether in secret or by force and both i think is awful, most women actually don't care that much about their husbands, they go for shopping or for other reasons and leaving their husbands with the maid at home.

~ Why Husbands int!mate With Their Maids ~ - Family - Nairaland

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Both men and women can be polygamous. There are cases of both where all partners are happy. And if they are happy so who am I to interfere? But personally I feel polygamy (both types) are not my thing.

people can do as they wish, but that doesnt mean its always going to be good for them nor does it mean they will have Gods approval and blessing.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Yes the verse is very clear about a conditional marriage and only for the sake of supporting the orphans, but i may weigh on that for supporting the poor maids, many are doing it whether in secret or by force and both i think is awful, most women actually don't care that much about their husbands, they go for shopping or for other reasons and leaving their husbands with the maid at home.

lots of adultery then?

Union

In any case, this is falling under Zina or Rape, nothing to validate it . On the top it is also infidelity to the wife .

Any person is free to divorce his/her spouse if s/he does a valid reason . Then s/he can start a new life with anybody s/he wants , whether to support a destitute or needy .