• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slavery (Women) and Islam

gnostic

The Lost One
feargod said:
Because you are forced to work to gain money.

Why the prostitute has to be ****** by any man paying the price.

If you are a teacher, can you say to The school administration, hey i will leave for a month without any reason.

Can an employee tell his boss, i don't want to work for 2 months, don't ask me why, i just want to leave for 2 months.

You have to go to work whether you like it or not, it is a must and you are forced otherwise will be expelled from your job.

:sheep: holy sheep! :foot:

so being a sex slave is better than being a prostitute?

and you are generalising. not all prostitutes work for pimps. some work for themselves in order to survive from poverty and starvation.

a slave don't have any choice whatsoever. how is master or owner of slaves better than pimps? they are not, they both treat women as sex objects.

man, your moral compass is so screw-up! :facepalm:

but I guess that's not entirely your fault. you have been indoctrinated by your religion, by your prophet and by your god that it is ok to have sex with slave.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
"boss"?

a slave is not a paid employee. a slave is a property.

a slave or concubine have no choice, unless the owner decided to free her and marry her. the Quran may limit a man from having more than 4 wives, but it doesn't stop them have as many sex-slaves as they can afford. and with war captives, they don't even have to pay for slaves, such as the case with the Qurayza captives/slaves.

you are justifying not only slavery, but adultery. that's what so sickening.

the irony is that you think prostitution is wrong, but not sex-slavery. the moral compass of Islam is pervert as what happening recently in Nigeria with the schoolgirls. you Muslims like to make excuses for what you don't consider wrong, when it is wrong.

forget it, feargod. I can't convince Islamic apologist like you that sex-slaves are wrong. I am clearly wasting my time.

ps don't put words in my mouth. I don't like prostitution any more than you do. don't think I find prostitution to be acceptable. but having sex-slaves, to me, is even more morally wrong than prostitution.

If you found prostitution to be wrong, others found it to be freedom
if you found gays sex is awful, others found it healthy practice.

What the problem with property ? are we fooling ourselves ?

Why do you call them sex slaves ?

Your wife, isn't she your property ? otherwise she may sleep with the postman or your neighbor, she is free and not owned by you.

Your dog isn't your property, it is also a living creature like us, let it free.
Your child isn't your property, let him/her do whatever he/she wishes.

gnostic

The Lost One
feargod said:
What the problem with property ? are we fooling ourselves ?

Why do you call them sex slaves ?

Your wife, isn't she your property ? otherwise she may sleep with the postman or your neighbor, she is free and not owned by you.

Your dog isn't your property, it is also a living creature like us, let it free.
Your child isn't your property, let him/her do whatever he/she wishes.

I am not married, nor do I have children, and even if I did, they are not properties. I see marriage as equal partnership, not a master-and-slave relationship (which is a relation that you seem to be suggesting).

And there lay the root of all that is wrong in patriarchal Muslim societies and communities, treating wives and children as if they are properties, like owning pet dogs.

Treating a wife as a property, has nothing to with love, trust or mutual respect, but about dominance of the husband over the wife, which has nothing to do with equality.

This is sort of sick attitude is the reason why domestic violence and honor killing could (I must stress "COULD", because not all husbands, fathers, brothers treat the women or the girls in this way) occur in Muslim families, when they treat wives, sisters or nieces as properties.

Seriously, do you really want to compare your wife/wives and children as pet dogs?

Is your wife, a property or slave?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
:sheep: holy sheep! :foot:

so being a sex slave is better than being a prostitute?

A prostitute may be ****** by a hundred men,while the slave can have it with her boss and live exactly as he lives and it may end with marriage.

and you are generalising. not all prostitutes work for pimps. some work for themselves in order to survive from poverty and starvation.

And slaves are working to survive from poverty and starvation, but the prostitute have to be ****** by many men for her boss to be satisfied with her.

a slave don't have any choice whatsoever. how is master or owner of slaves better than pimps? they are not, they both treat women as sex objects.

Really, they are even treating woman as sex objects for selling cars,of course that is forbidden in the Islamic countries.

man, your moral compass is so screw-up! :facepalm:

haha,yes i was one time, the most horrible time it was when i had sexual relationship with 4 girlfriends at one period of time, i wasn't able to resist,i admit i was a bad guy, but if i have a beautiful maid serving me, i won't touch her even if she want to,i am a good guy now.

Owing a maid doesn't mean that you have her for sex,but sometimes she may want it, she is a human too.

but I guess that's not entirely your fault. you have been indoctrinated by your religion, by your prophet and by your god that it is ok to have sex with slave.

I didn't have sex with slaves but i did it with girlfriends,i didn't pay for them,it was free of charge, i was a bad guy more than you can imagine, but i was attractive and they wanted it,and of course those girls weren't muslims.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I am not married, nor do I have children, and even if I did, they are not properties. I see marriage as equal partnership, not a master-and-slave relationship (which is a relation that you seem to be suggesting).

And there lay the root of all that is wrong in patriarchal Muslim societies and communities, treating wives and children as if they are properties, like owning pet dogs.

Treating a wife as a property, has nothing to with love, trust or mutual respect, but about dominance of the husband over the wife, which has nothing to do with equality.

This is sort of sick attitude is the reason why domestic violence and honor killing could (I must stress "COULD", because not all husbands, fathers, brothers treat the women or the girls in this way) occur in Muslim families, when they treat wives, sisters or nieces as properties.

Seriously, do you really want to compare your wife/wives and children as pet dogs?

Is your wife, a property or slave?

You aren't married.

So if you are married and your wife said to you i want to sleep with our neighbor tonight.

Can you stop her, she isn't yours, she doesn't belong to you and she is free.

I think you'll say,OK, it is up to you if you want to,i ain't owing you darling but please come back home early in the morning because the children have to go to school.

And if you decided to divorce her then you are punishing her for what she freely wanted to do.

What do you think you are doing ?
Will give her the freedom or you'll divorce her for not obeying you.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
The truth is "you don't believe that the quran is the words of god"....

The truth is what I believe is irrelevant. So, let's stick with the topic please.

Because you are forced to work to gain money.
Not true. many people have a choice which place to work at, or what job to have. They can have a choice to go to university and get the job they like. Can a slave do these?

Why the prostitute has to be ****** by any man paying the price.

If you are a teacher, can you say to The school administration, hey i will leave for a month without any reason.

Can an employee tell his boss, i don't want to work for 2 months, don't ask me why, i just want to leave for 2 months.

You have to go to work whether you like it or not, it is a must and you are forced otherwise will be expelled from your job.

These are not relevant. Just because everyone has a duty, does not mean they are owned by someone else. A teacher is not owned by the school administration. The teacher, can change her job, and do something else, if she doesn't like teaching. Can a slave change her/his master? The master 'owns' the slave. See the difference?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The truth is what I believe is irrelevant. So, let's stick with the topic please.

i am in topic about slavery and belief.

You claim that you belong to the Abrahamic religion while you reject slavery which is permitted by the Abrahamic scriptures.

How you explain it ?
why you believe in a religion you think was wrong by accepting slavery ?

Not true. many people have a choice which place to work at, or what job to have. They can have a choice to go to university and get the job they like. Can a slave do these?

Not true, not anyone will let you work as you wish, you may choose one work and then the boss say to you, we don't need you here, go away.

And if you work in a company you have to obey otherwise go and look for another job that if you can find another job, are you serious you can easily search and take the job you want.

I want to work as a king.

Slaves are poor, they are jobless homeless,not educated, is it that hard for you to understand.:facepalm:

These are not relevant. Just because everyone has a duty, does not mean they are owned by someone else. A teacher is not owned by the school administration. The teacher, can change her job, and do something else, if she doesn't like teaching. Can a slave change her/his master? The master 'owns' the slave. See the difference?

Slaves has no choices because they have no job other than serving the rich people.

Can a poor maid look for a job as a teacher,the only choice is from one boss to another boss and the best is who treat her with kindness,you are making sex as a big issue ?

Why gay marriage isn't allowed in Bahai religion ? aren't they humans too and can enjoy sex

For the teacher even if worked in another school,then yes she/he has to work everyday as a slave because she/he forced to work in daily basis otherwise will be expelled from the school if she/he wanted to be free and then she'll/he'll search for another school but still the same thing she/he has to work daily whether she/he like it or not and not according to her/his mood.

For example can you talk to your boss and say "i am not in mood today,so i don't like to work today,then again and again according to your mood"

will your boss accept it, and if you look for another job,do you think the other boss will accept it,no you have to work whether you want it or not.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
i am in topic about slavery and belief.

You claim that you belong to the Abrahamic religion while you reject slavery which is permitted by the Abrahamic scriptures.

How you explain it ?
why you believe in a religion you think was wrong by accepting slavery ?

Just because older religions permitted slavery, it doesn't mean they were not from God. The laws of older religions were only perfect and complete for their duration and for their own age. Quran's Shariah is not perfected for ever. It is not complete for ever. That's why it still did not forbid Slavery. Baha'i Scriptures forbids slavery, because God's revelations are Progressive. When the next Messenger of God comes in 1000 years, He even reveals more advanced laws. Every time God sends a new Messenger He reveals yet a better set of Laws.

Not true, not anyone will let you work as you wish, you may choose one work and then the boss say to you, we don't need you here, go away.
And if you work in a company you have to obey otherwise go and look for another job that if you can find another job, are you serious you can easily search and take the job you want.

I want to work as a king.

Slaves are poor, they are jobless homeless,not educated, is it that hard for you to understand.:facepalm:

Slaves has no choices because they have no job other than serving the rich people.

Can a poor maid look for a job as a teacher,the only choice is from one boss to another boss and the best is who treat her with kindness,you are making sex as a big issue ?

Why gay marriage isn't allowed in Bahai religion ? aren't they humans too and can enjoy sex

For the teacher even if worked in another school,then yes she/he has to work everyday as a slave because she/he forced to work in daily basis otherwise will be expelled from the school if she/he wanted to be free and then she'll/he'll search for another school but still the same thing she/he has to work daily whether she/he like it or not and not according to her/his mood.

For example can you talk to your boss and say "i am not in mood today,so i don't like to work today,then again and again according to your mood"

will your boss accept it, and if you look for another job,do you think the other boss will accept it,no you have to work whether you want it or not.
It is nice to have the choice of jobs. But that is different from slavery. You are mixing two different things. When there is earthquake, there is no choice to stop the earthquake. That doesn't mean we are slaves of nature.

So, do you think you should be allowed to have slaves? Will you accept to be someone else's slave? Does not Islam teach that we are all only slaves of One true God. Did not Islam teach that no one else other than God is the Lord? Then how can you say, you are permitted to be the slave of another person, which means you take them as your lord? You cannot even accept you are slave of Muhammad. Now you say it is ok to be someone else's slave?

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Just because older religions permitted slavery, it doesn't mean they were not from God. The laws of older religions were only perfect and complete for their duration and for their own age. Quran's Shariah is not perfected for ever. It is not complete for ever. That's why it still did not forbid Slavery. Baha'i Scriptures forbids slavery, because God's revelations are Progressive. When the next Messenger of God comes in 1000 years, He even reveals more advanced laws. Every time God sends a new Messenger He reveals yet a better set of Laws.

So you think it was moral to have sex with maids in old times but later on God realized that it was awful to have sex with maids and sent Bahaullah to forbid it.

So why God didn't say from the beginning that sex with maids is prohibited.

As you said God forbade adultery, then why not also slavery,so did God forget to tell his messenger so he sent it with Baha'ullah.

It is nice to have the choice of jobs. But that is different from slavery. You are mixing two different things. When there is earthquake, there is no choice to stop the earthquake. That doesn't mean we are slaves of nature.

Slave to nature,earthquake and slavery.
What are you talking about ?

So, do you think you should be allowed to have slaves? Will you accept to be someone else's slave? Does not Islam teach that we are all only slaves of One true God. Did not Islam teach that no one else other than God is the Lord? Then how can you say, you are permitted to be the slave of another person, which means you take them as your lord? You cannot even accept you are slave of Muhammad. Now you say it is ok to be someone else's slave?

You are making a big issue out of slaves, men are killing men with no cause and you are worried about sex with maids.

War is immoral, can you stop it by a law from God,such as to say,don't fight anyone and don't kill anyone for whatever reason.

Adultery is cheating,such as one making sex with the wife of his neighbor while her husband at work,so adultery is different than having sex with the maid which cheating isn't involved.

No one like to be a slave or to be a prostitute or to be jobless or to be scavenger or to be disabled ...etc

That is the meaning of submission, because what we got wasn't our plan or decision.

Can you be an American while born in Sudan.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
So you think it was moral to have sex with maids in old times but later on God realized that it was awful to have sex with maids and sent Bahaullah to forbid it.
So why God didn't say from the beginning that sex with maids is prohibited.
As far as I know having sex outside of marriage was forbidden in old times too. You can see in OT.

As you said God forbade adultery, then why not also slavery,so did God forget to tell his messenger so he sent it with Baha'ullah.
God didn't forget to tell His previous Messengers. But nature of God's revelation is 'gradual' and 'progressive'. It means that God gradually teaches us more and more, and makes us better and better. The keyword is 'gradual'.
We can see this from Quran:

"If We abrogate a verse or cause it to be forgotten, We will replace it by a better one or one similar. Did you not know that God has power over all things?" 2:106

The statement 'We replace it with better one', means that God in every Age, reveals new Laws and teachings that is better than previous ones.

So, it is like going to school. You need to finish grade one, before, you can go to grade two. Once you go to grade two, you are given a new Book to replace the old one.

For example we see in Baha'i Laws:

"It is forbidden you to trade in slaves, be they men or women. It is not for him who is himself a servant to buy another of God’s servants, and this hath been prohibited in His Holy Tablet. Thus, by His mercy, hath the commandment been recorded by the Pen of justice. Let no man exalt himself above another; all are but bondslaves before the Lord, and all exemplify the truth that there is none other God but Him. He, verily, is the All-Wise, Whose wisdom encompasseth all things." Bahá'í Reference Library - The Kitáb-i-Aqdas, Pages 34-49

In my view, this verse has replaced previous verses of Quran that allows having slaves. Because Baha'i Laws are revealed for this Age, while Quran was revealed in previous Ages.

Slave to nature,earthquake and slavery.
What are you talking about ?
You were saying 'not being able to become king' is similar to being slave', because both, have no choice to get what they want. I just gave you another example, to show slavery is different than having not the choice you want to have.

You are making a big issue out of slaves, men are killing men with no cause and you are worried about sex with maids.

War is immoral, can you stop it by a law from God,such as to say,don't fight anyone and don't kill anyone for whatever reason.

Adultery is cheating,such as one making sex with the wife of his neighbor while her husband at work,so adultery is different than having sex with the maid which cheating isn't involved.

No one like to be a slave or to be a prostitute or to be jobless or to be scavenger or to be disabled ...etc

That is the meaning of submission, because what we got wasn't our plan or decision.

Can you be an American while born in Sudan.

It is a big deal when you consider Quran is a Book from God, and yet does not prohibit slavery. The only way I can accept that, is to say, it was a Book revealed for its own age. Regarding war, Quran forbids killing and murder, and wrongdoing against others.
You still have not explained. Why Quran forbids stealing, adultery, drinking, killing, but yet it allows slavery? I don't think there is any logical answer, other than the progressive nature of God's revelation.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
As far as I know having sex outside of marriage was forbidden in old times too. You can see in OT.

And as far as i know that slavery was accepted in the bible

Genesis 16:2 so she said to Abram, “The Lord has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my slave; perhaps I can build a family through her.” Abram agreed to what Sarai said.

So how the prophet have a slave and then have sex with her.

God didn't forget to tell His previous Messengers. But nature of God's revelation is 'gradual' and 'progressive'. It means that God gradually teaches us more and more, and makes us better and better. The keyword is 'gradual'.
We can see this from Quran:

"If We abrogate a verse or cause it to be forgotten, We will replace it by a better one or one similar. Did you not know that God has power over all things?" 2:106

The statement 'We replace it with better one', means that God in every Age, reveals new Laws and teachings that is better than previous ones.

A verse to you means a law.:facepalm:
Where did it say we bring new laws or better laws or commandments

So, it is like going to school. You need to finish grade one, before, you can go to grade two. Once you go to grade two, you are given a new Book to replace the old one.

And Bahaullah is college and OT was the elementary school,thats funny

For example we see in Baha'i Laws:

"It is forbidden you to trade in slaves, be they men or women. It is not for him who is himself a servant to buy another of God’s servants, and this hath been prohibited in His Holy Tablet. Thus, by His mercy, hath the commandment been recorded by the Pen of justice. Let no man exalt himself above another; all are but bondslaves before the Lord, and all exemplify the truth that there is none other God but Him. He, verily, is the All-Wise, Whose wisdom encompasseth all things." Bahá'í Reference Library - The Kitáb-i-Aqdas, Pages 34-49

In my view, this verse has replaced previous verses of Quran that allows having slaves. Because Baha'i Laws are revealed for this Age, while Quran was revealed in previous Ages.

And Baha'ullah had married his slave,and some stories says he made a temporary contract to have sex with his slave.

His third wife was a maid working in his house while he lived in Baghdad. She was a maid of his first wife (Navváb)
Another story says

There has been some speculation that his last marriage could have been "a Pro forma temporary marriage mut`ah of a sort required of Shi`ite law where a man had a live-in maid and Gawhar Khanum had been brought into the household in the Shi`ite Karkh district in order to serve Asiyih Khanum
So the other story says he made a temporary contract so he can **** her

Reference : Bah'u'llh's family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You were saying 'not being able to become king' is similar to being slave', because both, have no choice to get what they want. I just gave you another example, to show slavery is different than having not the choice you want to have.

And what the earthquake and nature has to do with slavery.:facepalm:

It is a big deal when you consider Quran is a Book from God, and yet does not prohibit slavery. The only way I can accept that, is to say, it was a Book revealed for its own age. Regarding war, Quran forbids killing and murder, and wrongdoing against others.
You still have not explained. Why Quran forbids stealing, adultery, drinking, killing, but yet it allows slavery? I don't think there is any logical answer, other than the progressive nature of God's revelation.

You can't stop war, you can't stop slaves, you can't stop poorness.

Adultery,stealing and other bad deeds which is done by cheating,while having sex with a maid isn't cheating if the wife expecting it to happen.

DAILY POST: Why many HUSBANDS are snatched by HOUSE-MAIDS

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
And as far as i know that slavery was accepted in the bible

Genesis 16:2 so she said to Abram, “The Lord has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my slave; perhaps I can build a family through her.” Abram agreed to what Sarai said.

So how the prophet have a slave and then have sex with her.
And what is the point you are making?

A verse to you means a law.:facepalm:
Where did it say we bring new laws or better laws or commandments

"abrogate", means abrogating ordinances and laws. Are you saying a verse cannot be a law?

And Bahaullah is college and OT was the elementary school,thats funny
It is not OT versus Baha'u'llah. It is humanity living thousands of years ago, versus us in this Age. Do you say, those who lived thousands of years ago, had the same understanding and knowledge as us in this age? What's funny about that?

And Baha'ullah had married his slave,and some stories says he made a temporary contract to have sex with his slave.
This is false. Maid is different than slave. Even today in Canada, we have maids working in homes. They get paid....and of course they can leave anytime they want.

Another story says

So the other story says he made a temporary contract so he can **** her

Reference : Bah'u'llh's family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is again a false story. Nothing to support it. Temporary marriage is not accepted in Baha'i Laws.

But what is your point anyways?
It seems to me, since you don't have an answer as why Quran does not prohibit slavery, you are changing the topic. I know it is a hard to accept the truth that Quran is no complete and perfect for this Age.

And what the earthquake and nature has to do with slavery.:facepalm:
It doesn't, the same way 'becoming king' does not have to do with slavery. Remember you said "I want to become a king". What did that have to do with slavery?

You can't stop war, you can't stop slaves, you can't stop poorness.

Adultery,stealing and other bad deeds which is done by cheating,while having sex with a maid isn't cheating if the wife expecting it to happen.

DAILY POST: Why many HUSBANDS are snatched by HOUSE-MAIDS
Irrelevant.

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
feargod said:
You didn't reply my post 125

I didn't reply to you (other than that I am not married), because you are truly incapable of understanding that marriage is a partnership of true equality and shared responsibility. It is a commitment of living together, make plans together, and hopefully fulfilling these plans and dreams together. The wedding vow would be that both of us, are committed in one-on-one relationship, which would mean seeing no other else; that mean not sleeping with anyone else, no love affair with another person, no prostitute, no sex slave.

You already think of marriage where husband is master, and wife as property, very much like a slave, so anything I say about adultery, you won't listen and understand. Marriage to you, is where one dominate the other, and that's not equality.

Let's say, hypothetically, in a marriage like you said, and that my "supposed" wife committed adultery, I would most likely sad, upset, disappointed, angry, I don't know, because I have never been in such a committed relationship that she would betray her vow to me.

Although, I see marriage as a contract and arrangement, to live together, perhaps to start a family together, I don't own her like a property, nor does she owned me; either of us would be slave to one another.

But you want solution for this hypothetical marriage and hypothetical adultery.

My solution would be to talk to her, see if there is forgiveness and reconciliation, to see if the marriage can be save. If there is no longer love between us, and she can't keep the wedding vow, then the only alternative I could see is a divorce. The divorce would be the last resort.

What else do you want me to say, FearGod?

Do you want me to beat her or something else?

I am totally against domestic violence. I am against all violence towards women. I would never consciously and physically hurt another woman, whether the woman be my wife, girlfriend, just friend, stranger. To me, only an utter coward and oppressive tyrant would hit the opposite sex in revenge.

What would you do, if your wife committed adultery? Would you hit her?

Would you accuse her of adultery, have her arrested, and publicly flogged, as they do in some of the Muslim-populated countries do? Throw acid at her face? Have your relatives or friends beat her or gang rape her?

Your stupid god and prophet have a scripture that enshrined domestic violence, in which a husband can beat his wife for disobedience.

Qur'an 4:34 said:
Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and forsake them in beds apart, and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is high, supreme.

Is your wife nothing more than a personal slave, in which you can beat them for disobedience or for adultery? Would you beat them?

Your god is not supreme, he is a little pathetic imaginary man with a little dick. :foot:

Draupadi

Gnostic, Union has already mentioned the reasons why slave concubinage is not allowed in Islam. Please read his post in one of the previous pages. But here is a detailed article about it- QuranicPath | Does the Qur'an allow Sex with Slaves / Concubines?. But yes slavery is allowed although we should eliminate the tradition. Fear God believes that it can't be eliminated so we should go on with it. NO and NEVER! And maybe he thinks that if slaves no longer existed then there will be no domestic helpers. Yes there will be and they are called maids, butlers and servants and YES THEY ARE TREATED BETTER.

Fear God I see that you have feeling of superiority towards the slaves. That doesn't befit a Muslim. You follow the Ahadith and in his last sermon the prophet said that you should treat your slaves like siblings.

Union

No wife-beating in Qur'an

[004:034] Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because God has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what God would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) idriboo them ; but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For God is Most High, great (above you all).

Let us see the root of the Arabic word underlined which caused all the confusions . Let us start with verse 94 of the same chapter :

4:94 [FONT=&quot] ياايها الذين امنوا اذا ضربتم في سبيل الله فتبينوا ولاتقولوا لمن القى اليكم السلام لست مؤمنا تبتغون عرض الحياة الدنيا فعند الله مغانم كثيرة كذلك كنتم من قبل فمن الله عليكم فتبينوا ان الله كان بما تعملون خبيرا

[/FONT][004:094] O ye who believe! When ye go abroad in the cause of God, investigate carefully, and say not to any one who offers you a salutation: "Thou art none of a believer!" Coveting the perishable goods of this life: with God are profits and spoils abundant. Even thus were ye yourselves before, till God conferred on you His favours: Therefore carefully investigate. For God is well aware of all that ye do.

Here the root ض ر ب used for go forth/leave etc. Here ALLAH , the Exalted is talking about to go for / leave the home stead to the path of ALLAH . Hence , Daroboo in chapter 4 , whether in verse 34 or 94 , means really to leave/forsake/go forth/depart etc. not to beat or strike .

Here is another verse from the same chapter which contains ض ر ب :

4:101[FONT=&quot] واذا ضربتم في الارض فليس عليكم جناح ان تقصروا من الصلاة ان خفتم ان يفتنكم الذين كفروا ان الكافرين كانوا لكم عدوا مبينا

[/FONT][004:101] And when ye go forth in the land, it is no sin for you to curtail (your) worship if ye fear that those who disbelieve may attack you. In truth the disbelievers are an open enemy to you.

In fact the whole discussion mentioned above relied on chapter 4 only . There are more evidences exist in favor of Diruboo not meaning to be beating or striking elsewhere in the Qur'an .

Again verse 19-21 of the same chapter prescribed not to be harsh/violent with the wives at all and if the husband really decided to for shake/divorce the wife , he should do it amicably . Here are those verses :

[004:019] O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may Take away part of the dower ye have given them,-except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and God brings about through it a great deal of good.

[004:020] But if ye decide to take one wife in place of another, even if ye had given the latter a whole treasure for dower, Take not the least bit of it back: Would ye take it by slander and manifest wrong?

[004:021] And how could ye take it when ye have gone in unto each other, and they have Taken from you a solemn covenant?

The following verse defined cruelty or harshness of a husband ( beating wife must be one of the example of this kind) as a shortcoming and hence not a decree of GOD , whatsoever the situation it might be .

[004:128] If a wife fears cruelty or desertion on her husband's part, there is no blame on them if they arrange an amicable settlement between themselves; and such settlement is best; even though men's souls are swayed by greed. But if ye do good and practise self-restraint, God is well-acquainted with all that ye do.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Gnostic, Union has already mentioned the reasons why slave concubinage is not allowed in Islam. Please read his post in one of the previous pages. But here is a detailed article about it- QuranicPath | Does the Qur'an allow Sex with Slaves / Concubines?. But yes slavery is allowed although we should eliminate the tradition. Fear God believes that it can't be eliminated so we should go on with it. NO and NEVER! And maybe he thinks that if slaves no longer existed then there will be no domestic helpers. Yes there will be and they are called maids, butlers and servants and YES THEY ARE TREATED BETTER.

Fear God I see that you have feeling of superiority towards the slaves. That doesn't befit a Muslim. You follow the Ahadith and in his last sermon the prophet said that you should treat your slaves like siblings.

I am still afraid no one understanding my view point. :facepalm:

I hate death, but death is reality.
I hate diseases, but diseases is reality.
I hate bad people, but bad people is reality.
i hate wars,but wars is reality.
I hate to see poor people, but poor people is reality.
I hate to see maids serving their masters, but maids is reality.
I hate human trafficking, but human trafficking is reality.

I am with helping slaves and to let them live in good condition whenever that is possible, and the quran motivates freeing slaves and to support them to live in dignity, but that doesn't mean that slavery will end, the quran mentions that we have to do good deeds and to support the poor, but that doesn't mean that poorness will end and bad deeds will ceased.

I rest my case here.

Last edited:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
You aren't married.

So if you are married and your wife said to you i want to sleep with our neighbor tonight.

Can you stop her, she isn't yours, she doesn't belong to you and she is free.

I think you'll say,OK, it is up to you if you want to,i ain't owing you darling but please come back home early in the morning because the children have to go to school.

And if you decided to divorce her then you are punishing her for what she freely wanted to do.

What do you think you are doing ?
Will give her the freedom or you'll divorce her for not obeying you.

How does it work the other way round?

If you say to your wife that you want to sleep with your neighbor tonight, what should she do?

Should she behave differently and simply let you go or Is she owing you too? If not, why not?

Ciao

- viole

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
How does it work the other way round?

If you say to your wife that you want to sleep with your neighbor tonight, what should she do?

Should she behave differently and simply let you go or Is she owing you too? If not, why not?

Ciao

- viole

A woman has to answer such question.

If your husband is very rich, and he gave you a house to live in and a maid to serve you and you have your children to care about and he is always very precious with you,all your needs are answered, so whats your feeling if he is so good with you but he may have sex with other women but with your knowledge and not in secret.