• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some conservatives soil their pants over spooky Grammy performance.

lukethethird

unknown member
Conservative christians have been screeching and squealing about "satanism" in media since the 80's; rock music, Dungeons & Dragons, Harry Potter, video games, etc.
I'd like to see a performance of Sympathy for the Devil performed at the grammys. Nobody said boo about it back in the day, though I do recall the word high in songs being censored.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Why are they deliberately showing stuff that they know is going to be offensive to millions of people?
Because proper functioning adults do this thing called change the channel. No one is forcing you to watch, you aren't the intended audience, so move on and let others enjoy while you find something else.

Shadow Wolf

True, fair enough, but I am old and have never seen belly aching like this before.
They've been doing it for a long time, like when Zeppelin and Kiss told us to worship Satan, Judas Priest wanted us to kill ourselves, Twisted Sister was making us into sex fiends, and Magic the Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons were evil mechanisms that steal souls and teach kids witchcraft and how to summon demons.
They've been so eager to belly ache over it the even played records backwards and pretended to hear things you'll never hear with a head full kf acid.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
They've been doing it for a long time, like when Zeppelin and Kiss told us to worship Satan, Judas Priest wanted us to kill ourselves, Twisted Sister was making us into sex fiends, and Magic the Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons were evil mechanisms that steal souls and teach kids witchcraft and how to summon demons.
They've been so eager to belly ache over it the even played records backwards and pretended to hear things you'll never hear with a head full kf acid.

I remember reading about how some fundamentalist groups picketed Iron Maiden shows because of Number of the Beast, even though none of them were Satanists and that song is based on a dream one of the band members had.

Shadow Wolf

I remember reading about how some fundamentalist groups picketed Iron Maiden shows because of Number of the Beast, even though none of them were Satanists and that song is based on a dream one of the band members had.
Like Marilyn Manson said, it's all "babble babble ***** ***** rebel rebel party party sex sex and don't forget the violence. Blah blah blah got your lovey dovey, sad and lonely, stick your stupid slogan in and everybody sing along.....do we get it? NO!"
Maybe one day people will learn to listen and realize Every Breath You Take is a creepy stalker song and not romantic.

lukethethird

unknown member
Very true, but the performance at the grammys was rather mild and the religious right seem much more mainstream everyday, but that's just my subjective perspective I suppose.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Because proper functioning adults do this thing called change the channel. No one is forcing you to watch, you aren't the intended audience, so move on and let others enjoy while you find something else.
Didn't answer the question. Why alienate so much of your audience?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Well there you go; if you don't like something then simply don't listen, watch, or buy it. Who the hell are uptight, prudish christians to dictate to others what they can or can't enjoy?
I don't watch the Grammys but that's not the point. There are plenty of artists out there that aren't going to alienate a large segment of the audience.

Shadow Wolf

Didn't answer the question. Why alienate so much of your audience?
They, and you, obviously weren't the target audience. You don't get to assume everything is made for you and must cater to your sensibilities. Change the channel and go enjoy something intended for you while others enjoy something intended for them.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't remember which one I got. I do know the image of the person who is apparently supposed to be Madonna is forever scorched into my brain.

Yes, the Madonna vaccine appears to be much worse than the Moderna vaccine (which is the one I received).

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I don't remember which one I got. I do know the image of the person who is apparently supposed to be Madonna is forever scorched into my brain.
The audience was obviously confused, too. They didn't seem to realize it was her. She had to tell them to clap and looked annoyed by it.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
They, and you, obviously weren't the target audience. You don't get to assume everything is made for you and must cater to your sensibilities. Change the channel and go enjoy something intended for you while others enjoy something intended for them.
Who is their target audience? Teens on TikTok? They aren't watching the Grammys or any of those awards shows. It's mostly people like me who are watching it and we're not that happy about it. The Grammys have become increasingly trashy over the years. They used to be prestigious, like the Oscars used to be.

Shadow Wolf

Who is their target audience? Teens on TikTok? They aren't watching the Grammys or any of those awards shows. It's mostly people like me who are watching it and we're not that happy about it. The Grammys have become increasingly trashy over the years. They used to be prestigious, like the Oscars used to be.
A bunch of richies patting theirselves on the back for making mostly rubbish has never been my idea of prestigious.