• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some of the most interesting answers have been OFF TOPIC

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Just so you know. If someone had told me about the last read post app when I got here I would have said thank you. I like it!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Some post read like driving through a work area on the road. Which probably has a name but it isn't work area. How do I know? I have synonyms. I love them!

booth, cell, chamber, desk, nook, room, stall, cubbyhole, office, pigeonhole

Those are all inside things. A road work area is outside.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Christianity seems to be about feeling good. You know, like going to a prostitute feels good, or so I've heard.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is off topic of the thread about collars. I thought dog collars but someone else thought shirt collars and now I'm confused.

I have a story.

I am a picker. I buy things to give away, to keep or to sell. I must like it whatever it is for because I might end up with it.

I like Abby on NCIS. She wears collars but that is not why I like her. It is not her short skirts either. OK if you must know it is her brain I like.

Believe it or not I saw a collar at a yard sale that looks like a bicycle chain. I thought of Abby. "Someone will like this" I thought. "How much is this?" I asked. "A quarter" she says. I put it in my pile.

Next day I go to the flea market this time to sell, not to buy, but I ended up spending more than I made. The day was almost done and someone asked about the collar. I say "I don't know if it's a dog collar or a people collar". (write collar enough times and the spelling gets to looking wrong). He says It's OK, I'll make one of these with it". He had on a bracelet chain. "How much is it?" I say "two dollars". Now two dollars doesn't sound like great money but do the math and it is.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Christianity seems to be about feeling good. You know, like going to a prostitute feels good, or so I've heard.

I believe, I can't vouch for what a prostitute feels like but Christianty does bring a feelong of elation. I believe that is not what Christianity is about but it doesn't hurt.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Big big big big SIGH. So if a person believes in Jesus but not as the Bible says she should believe him then she in undermining Jesus. Oh brother! Like the Bible is more important than the man.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Speaking of a magazine's power to save I have an observation and wonder if anyone else has noticed it. Do you ever look at the magazine covers at the checkout? There is at least one of them that each month has diet advice AND a recipe for something with sugar and chocolate in it. "If the diet doesn't work we have something that will comfort you, chocolate cupcakes!"

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So why would I say it? It is because Earth is on the brink of destruction. Lots of people are saying "do not worry" and I'm not worried.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Might the faithful and discreet slave be wrong? Well, surely they are humans and thus can't be expected to be perfect. So why does God link salvation to them? Why?

HeatherAnn

Might the faithful and discreet slave be wrong? Well, surely they are humans and thus can't be expected to be perfect. So why does God link salvation to them? Why?
Good question! Is it God that's doing the linking?
Maybe it's hope for the most hopeless...
Or maybe only those previously enslaved somehow, most appreciate "ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

Now... to go off topic... (or maybe not...)
Who do you love, and why?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Good question! Is it God that's doing the linking?
Maybe it's hope for the most hopeless...
Or maybe only those previously enslaved somehow, most appreciate "ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

Now... to go off topic... (or maybe not...)
Who do you love, and why?

I love everyone because The Lord I obey loves everyone. :D