• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff Republicans say.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
"....stand here with our Founding Fathers, who wrote in the pre-amble: ‘We hold these truths to be self evident …“ (John Boehner)

:eek:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Is it no wonder that both Lindsey Graham and Bobby Jindal referred to the Republican Party as acting and talking like "the Party of Stupid", to use their own analogy? A Wisconsin representative (Republican) took after colleagues of his own party several days ago for saying his own party is guilty of voter suppression. Of course, he's not running for re-election, so he can speak freely now.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay, I hope no one minds a foreigner posting this; I just found posting it too hard to resist, because I thought her opinion was genuine satire before realizing that this is actually her position.

Just in case this hasn't been posted yet:

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat [sic] president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women." Coulter went on: "It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it's the party of women and 'We'll pay for health care and tuition and day care -- and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?' "

Source.

My job here is done... for now. :run: :D

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Okay, I hope no one minds a foreigner posting this; I just found posting it too hard to resist, because I thought her opinion was genuine satire before realizing that this is actually her position.

Just in case this hasn't been posted yet:

Source.

My job here is done... for now. :run: :D

Ann Coulter deserves her own thread of goofy quotes. Perfecting Jews, invading Muslim countries and converting them all to Christianity, taking away the women's vote, etc. One of my favorites from her, though, is this:

“I'm a Christian first, and a mean-spirited, bigoted conservative second, and don't you ever forget it. You know who else was kind of "divisive" in terms of challenging the status quo and the powers-that-be of his day? Jesus Christ.”

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Old or recent? Long time ago Senator Anslinger said that "darkies smoke pot to think they're as good as white folk." Today, Richard Murdoch killed his chances for being Indiana's senator when he said that if a woman is raped and becomes pregnant then it is god's will. He also said "compromise" means that Democrats will have to come around the the right's way of thinking."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Fortunately, for me, it's still too early for my mind to wrap around, absorb, and comprehend the utter stupidity I just read. Pregnancy tests in a bar is supposed to be responsible but using birth control isn't? Well, at least one of those situations doesn't seem like a South Park or Family Guy punch line. That just reminded me of all the magical powers the vagina has to repel sperm from a rapist.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
GOP Senate Candidate Explains Why The Uninsured Are Less 'Educated,' 'Sophisticated'
"As a doctor, I can tell you that you need an honest diagnosis before you can provide the needed treatment," Cassidy said in the statement. "It is self-evident to anyone who has worked with the uninsured, as I have for decades, that the uninsured come from all segments of society. This includes the more and the less educated. That's exactly the point I made and make: if we seek to be truly compassionate, our policies must meet people where they are. Obamacare's one-size-fits-all model lacks this basic measure of compassion."

“[The plan] I think actually reflects the reality of who the uninsured are: relatively less sophisticated, less comfortable with forms, less educated," Cassidy said. "Those are the folks that -- not all -- there’s a guy who goes to my church who’s uninsured, who’s middle-class but couldn’t get it because he has Type I diabetes. So it’s not all, but it is the folks who I think are going to have the hardest time reaching.”

“We were fortunate growing up in the south," Cassidy said. "The president is a community organizer. You wonder if he ever worked with a poor person…Insurance people, they will tell you that they will go to a company and an employer will pay for everything, and there are some people who will not sign up. Turns out, those are my patients. They’re illiterate. I’m not saying that to be mean. I say that in compassion. They cannot read. The idea they’re going to go on the internet and work through a 16-page document to put in their data and sign up does not reflect an understanding of who is having the hardest time in our economy.”

:eek:

tytlyf

Not Religious
What words would you use to describe the people in this room?

Murfreesboro mosque hearing gets heated in courthouse hallway

MURFREESBORO, TN (WSMV) -
The battle over a cemetery being planned at a Murfreesboro mosque didn't end when Monday's hearing did. Afterwards, a heated confrontation erupted in a courthouse hallway involving supporters and opponents.
[youtube]2yvIWoJfKsE[/youtube]
Murfreesboro mosque hearing gets heated in courthouse hallway - WSMV Channel 4

tytlyf

Not Religious
It's not really laughable, too many people actually believe this crap.

[youtube]kmGbR7SK8-Y[/youtube]