• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suppression of Free Speech on Covid

Sargonski

Citing Rand Paul as a source:facepalm:

Once again, various moves were taken to slow the spread. It was pretty much admitted that it could not be stopped. And the US systems were not overwhelmed. That was almost certainly due to the steps that we took. In other countries they were overridden very quickly. We have a generally lower population density so we had a warning that they did not. Once again, masks do not totally stop transmission. They lower the rate of spread. Meanwhile I was working in a place that was covid positive pre-vaccine. It was not just the old and obese that had to worry. A coworker and I caught it both at about the same time. She was a bit younger than I am. She may have been a bit overweight, but then so is most of America. I got over it in three days. She didn't.

Didn't cite Rand as a source ... but would have been fine if I had ... fallacious moronicity to suggest otherwise .. pretending Ad Hom is an argument for something .. coupled with strawman in this case.

The claim that steps we took stopped us from being "overridden very quickly" - "like in other countries" is preposterous false made up nonsense. Don't even think the propaganda show (those that cry out Rand Paul Ad Hom Fallacy) spouts bufferery that out of whack with reality .. but could be wrong.

The anecdotal someone took longer than 3 days ??? what kind of silliniss is this.. so what .. it took her 4 days ? did the woman end up in the hospital near death or not ? and do you understand what the word "significant" means when talking statistics ? We have the data .. don'thave to guess .. No healthy folks of any significance showed up at the hospital/died from Covid ...

Sargonski

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
Especially when it's in such a condescending and demeaning tone. Oh and completely lacking in proper punctuation.
You're just parroting old internet bunk here. You're going to bring up Fauci next, amirite?
We've heard it before and debunked it before many times on this site.

Debunked something you have ? thats humorous .. what was it that you figure you have debunked spanky .. and what was asserted without evidence .. and why should you not be talked to in a condescending way given your behaviour .. nothing but fallacy and personal invective.. unsupported claims

What is it you debunked.. don't keep us waiting in suspence .. for your explaination on why they typo Nazi is the biggest of moronic of excuses for an argument ? The floor is yours :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Didn't cite Rand as a source ... but would have been fine if I had ... fallacious moronicity to suggest otherwise .. pretending Ad Hom is an argument for something .. coupled with strawman in this case.

The claim that steps we took stopped us from being "overridden very quickly" - "like in other countries" is preposterous false made up nonsense. Don't even think the propaganda show (those that cry out Rand Paul Ad Hom Fallacy) spouts bufferery that out of whack with reality .. but could be wrong.

The anecdotal someone took longer than 3 days ??? what kind of silliniss is this.. so what .. it took her 4 days ? did the woman end up in the hospital near death or not ? and do you understand what the word "significant" means when talking statistics ? We have the data .. don'thave to guess .. No healthy folks of any significance showed up at the hospital/died from Covid ...
Why is it that so many that use the term ad hom have no understanding of what it means at all?

You have endlessly made claims here and never supported any of them. And when you even attempt to you do not seem to know what a proper source is. Rand Paul is a politician. He is no more a proper source than President Biden would have been for someone opposing you to use.

If you want evidence you could have always asked for it, but now I do not think that you even understand the concept.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Debunked something you have ? thats humorous .. what was it that you figure you have debunked spanky .. and what was asserted without evidence .. and why should you not be talked to in a condescending way given your behaviour .. nothing but fallacy and personal invective.. unsupported claims

What is it you debunked spanky .. don't keep us waiting in suspence .. for your explaination on why they typo Nazi is the biggest of moronic of excuses for an argument ? The floor is yours :)
Pointing out your failure to support your bogus claims is in effect debunking. You have presented nothing to debunk. You have only handwaved claims in all that it takes is a hand wave to refute you. Would that make you feel better?

How is that?

Sargonski

"We know" should be replaced with "I claim".

"Propaganda", eh. Jeeze Louise.
You made claims without evidence.
Protocol is to support your work b4
demanding evidence from skeptics.

I can see that there's no productive
discussion to be had here.

You the one without evidence for claim .. I gave evidence for mine .. 60% infected in 6 weeks .. what part of the evidence did you have trouble understanding ..

Your claim that the masks slowed the Pandemic in some significant way ... unsupported propanda pablum you picked up somewhere .. same as the "Vaccines are Safe and Effective" lie you will see on your State or Provincial Health-site .. Come for your Jab .. quick like a bunny .. hop hop hop now hop along to the Jabbing station now Honey.

Never mind the masks Sport -- told you was rather ambivalent either way .. just telling you the "Science" sorry to burst the necessary illusion bubble .. and subsequent case of hurtebutt.

What you should really be concerned about is that Vax propaganda pablum you consumed .. Wearing a mask is not going to hurt you.. Not going to help much lest its the "Darth Vader" model .. but that Damn Vax is dangerous 100 times more dangerous than the swine flue vax they took off the market .. when the SAR (Severe Adverse Reaction) hit 1 in 100,000

Care to guess what the SAR for mRNA is Sport ? .. "Its time for .. Science Lesson for Chucky" now don't you feel lucky .. you can win a brand new perspective :) Har har har

Sargonski

Pointing out your failure to support your bogus claims is in effect debunking. You have presented nothing to debunk. You have only handwaved claims in all that it takes is a hand wave to refute you. Would that make you feel better?

How is that?

Posting cute cartoons is not an argument for much friend .. first you cry out "Bogus Claim" then you say I made no claim "You have presented nothing to debunk"

Now we know you have not debunked anything .. and certainly not the evidence showing that the Mask and partial lockdown measures were a resounding fail .. in preventing the spread of Omicron ..

So what is this Bogus claim that you have yet to debunk ? :) Ha ha ha ..

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Posting cute cartoons is not an argument for much friend .. first you cry out "Bogus Claim" then you say I made no claim "You have presented nothing to debunk"

Now we know you have not debunked anything .. and certainly not the evidence showing that the Mask and partial lockdown measures were a resounding fail .. in preventing the spread of Omicron ..

So what is this Bogus claim that you have yet to debunk ? :) Ha ha ha ..
You need to find valid sources. You do not seem to understand the concept. And no, I did not say that you "made no claim". I said that you never properly supported your claims that is why the gif refutes you. It is all that it takes when you put so little work into your posts.

And now you are being hypocritical for by complaining that the same techniques that you used were used were used against you.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
The Biden administration "ran afoul" of the First Amendment by trying to pressure social media platforms over controversial COVID-19 content, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans ruled Friday.

I think not only did they pressure websites -- but also silenced opposing medical voices to maintain a narrative. IMV

Makes one wonder how many platforms were forced to police, or make their own decision, as to what was right and what was wrong violating Constitutional free speech and the conversations that were pertinent to the issue.

I am not a fan of any curtailing of human rights, but neither am I a fan of political weaponization of misinformation. When there is a public emergency and there are ways to mitigate harm that are becoming the target of policians, talking heads, and influencers (or whatever it is we call social media personalities these days) in order to score political or publicity points, the government has a right to put public welfare over a shyster's right to misinform.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
In regards to making, here from the Mayo Clinic:
Can face masks help slow the spread of the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)?

Yes. When used with measures such as getting vaccinated, hand-washing and physical distancing, wearing a face mask slows how quickly the virus that causes COVID-19 spreads.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends wearing masks if you choose to, and in specific places and situations.

In areas that have many people with COVID-19 in the hospital, the CDC recommends wearing a face mask indoors in public...
-- Can face masks protect against COVID-19?

Sargonski

In regards to making, here from the Mayo Clinic:
Can face masks help slow the spread of the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)?

Yes. When used with measures such as getting vaccinated, hand-washing and physical distancing, wearing a face mask slows how quickly the virus that causes COVID-19 spreads.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends wearing masks if you choose to, and in specific places and situations.

In areas that have many people with COVID-19 in the hospital, the CDC recommends wearing a face mask indoors in public...
-- Can face masks protect against COVID-19?

Why did you post this .. is this the first time you have found the Gov't lying ?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Cool story

Have any published papers to reference that masks do nothing? I actually went through a hospital outbreak that made international news because of mistreatment with masks. Hundreds of staff and patients got sick. Hell, I've seen whole floors shut down due to an outbreak caused by nurses who didn't make their patients wear masks when they left their rooms. Totally irresponsible
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372 this one is really telling because the authors were forced to reject their information to save their jobs. Is not the only case of such redaction where the data clearly shows inefficiency.

https://highlanderjuan.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/John-Hardie-Why-Face-Masks-Dont-Work.pdf this is an archive pdf because once we changed from science to politics it was removed. They literally started it was removed due to the cultural climate, welcome to postmodern science.