• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suppression of Free Speech on Covid

Watchmen

Premium Member
Why are you talking about things you no nothing about .. as if you do .. crying out the nonsensical "they slow the rate of transmission" -

by how much .. and is this rate significant = prevents the spread of the disease = has a value lower than 1.

Absolutely no clue what you are saying .. "Effective" - "Working at all" = has a value lower than 1

So .. the folks telling you "Working exceptionally well" were telling you a huge lie

and no .. most of the dead did not come prior to a huge percentage of the population vaxed -- on a relative basis .. and nor would this lend any merit to the claim that the Vax was working even if it was true.

and obviously everyone who died from covid prior to the vax being introduced .. was "unvaccinated" ?? Seriously ? .... need to think a little about what you are saying.

and last your claim about less severe symptoms also spoon fed propaganda nonsense .. as while there is some evidence that this may hold true .. it is only true for a very small segment of the population (severly immune compromized and near to death bed) .. Not true for the rest of the population .. and for most of these people ... and especially ones who have had covid (natural immunity - which is far better and longer lasting that anything the Vax might confer) the risk if harm from the vax is far higher than risk of harm from Covid .. never mind the excess risk of harm from covid unvaxed. Orders of magnitude higher Brother SubD
You’re dead wrong.

Sargonski

It is perfectly legal. There are many jobs where one has to be vaccinated or one can lose one's job. People in the health care businesses that deal with people at risk very often have to get a yearly flu vaccine. Why would it be any different for covid?

It is part of what a person has to be aware of when taking certain jobs. It is not coercion. It is not authoritarianism. Now there may be some jobs where no vaccinations were required before and they changed their policy due to the pandemic. That may be overstepping one's bounds, but it depends upon the job and who one deals with.

Who said it wasn't legal - the Nazi's made a law stating Jews were less than human . What is being clamed is that these Nazi's in the Blue woke camp have made such law .. one known as "Forced Medical Treatment" Making "Forced medical Treatment" legal ..does not change the fact that it is forced medical treatment.

Why would health care practitioners have to get a flue vaccine ? .. there is no point .. legitimizing the ability of a company to violate "my body my choice" .. I don't believe that folks were forced to get a flue vax .. but even if they were .. is still Nazi mania .. complete violation of essential liberty .. for no legitimate reason.

Your claim that one needs be aware of policy before taking job is a horrible argument .. as we are talking someone who already has the job ... and there was no requirement prior.

You then double down on bad argument crying "the company could change its policy" .. ????????????? Get some logic -- or try to use that which you have .. So if you are working at a place that the Boss changes the policy -- Blowjobs every monday or lose your Job .. that is all good in the hood ? ... get a grip.

Then unlike the flue vax .. this Covid vax is incredibly dangerous (high risk of harm - SAR/Death) .. and does not work nearly as well as normal flue vax .. doesn't work at all on healthy people.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've posted links to Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic,
& other cromulent epidemiological sources ad
nauseum. I notice that anti-mask anti-vax types
don't believe them. (Can they even define or spell
"epidemiology"?) Who knows what sources they
use....those pushing horse de-worming medicine,
bleach, urine, & prayer as Covid cures.

So I'll look at things another way....
I run with a diverse crowd, both fans of masks,
vaccines, & social separation....& with the antis,
who think vaccines are a government plot to
change our DNA or insert nanobots.
Now, among my many many acquaintances....
The antis are rife with hospitalization & death.
The pros have been all disease free or enduring
only mild cases.
It's a big enuf population that this rises above
insignificant anecdote.

Be safe people....get vaccinated for things that
can really mess you up, eg, hepatitis, shingles,
RSV, polio, Covid, tetanus, pneumonia.
And....
"Wash your hands, you filthy animals."
(Closing advice from This Podcast Will Kill You.)

Sargonski

You’re dead wrong.

LOL .. got to love these posts where the Poster -- who is obviously triggered --- cries out "Wrong .. Wrong Wrong" but does not state what it is they think is wrong and give what is right.

What happened friend .. did that necessary illusion bubble get pricked by my post .. do you have that "Gov't would never lie" fantasy going on and my post ruined the fairy tale ?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Who said it wasn't legal - the Nazi's made a law stating Jews were less than human . What is being clamed is that these Nazi's in the Blue woke camp have made such law .. one known as "Forced Medical Treatment" Making "Forced medical Treatment" legal ..does not change the fact that it is forced medical treatment.

Why would health care practitioners have to get a flue vaccine ? .. there is no point .. legitimizing the ability of a company to violate "my body my choice" .. I don't believe that folks were forced to get a flue vax .. but even if they were .. is still Nazi mania .. complete violation of essential liberty .. for no legitimate reason.

Your claim that one needs be aware of policy before taking job is a horrible argument .. as we are talking someone who already has the job ... and there was no requirement prior.

You then double down on bad argument crying "the company could change its policy" .. ????????????? Get some logic -- or try to use that which you have .. So if you are working at a place that the Boss changes the policy -- Blowjobs every monday or lose your Job .. that is all good in the hood ? ... get a grip.

Then unlike the flue vax .. this Covid vax is incredibly dangerous (high risk of harm - SAR/Death) .. and does not work nearly as well as normal flue vax .. doesn't work at all on healthy people.
It is not authoritative either. I guess you missed that part.

I did grant that in some jobs it might be overstepping one's bounds, but it clearly is not in the health care industry. And I am curious as to why this topic turns you into a science denier. You posted some utter nonsense about the vaccine being dangerous. That is not supported by any evidence at all. It appears that you do not understand the protocol after relatively new treatments. Maybe we should go over that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
LOL .. got to love these posts where the Poster -- who is obviously triggered --- cries out "Wrong .. Wrong Wrong" but does not state what it is they think is wrong and give what is right.

What happened friend .. did that necessary illusion bubble get pricked by my post .. do you have that "Gov't would never lie" fantasy going on and my post ruined the fairy tale ?
I know, when one is ignorant one sometimes needs to have one's nose shoved into one's errors. Here you go:

" Not true for the rest of the population .. and for most of these people ... and especially ones who have had covid (natural immunity - which is far better and longer lasting that anything the Vax might confer) the risk if harm from the vax is far higher than risk of harm from Covid .. never mind the excess risk of harm from covid unvaxed. Orders of magnitude higher Brother SubD"

You cannot support that ignorant nonsense. All you can do is tell us how little you understand various processes. But go ahead. Bring the statistics that support you.

Watchmen

Premium Member

Overreact much? No triggering. Just stating the obvious. Those who know, know.

Sargonski

Overreact much? No triggering. Just stating the obvious. Those who know, know.

I know you are triggered .. unable to do anything but cry out "Wrong wrong wrong" .. no idea what an argument is about the only thing here that is obvious.

What did you think was wrong friend .. I can't help you if you have no clue what you are talking about -- can't state what you thought was wrong.

Sargonski

I know, when one is ignorant one sometimes needs to have one's nose shoved into one's errors. Here you go:

" Not true for the rest of the population .. and for most of these people ... and especially ones who have had covid (natural immunity - which is far better and longer lasting that anything the Vax might confer) the risk if harm from the vax is far higher than risk of harm from Covid .. never mind the excess risk of harm from covid unvaxed. Orders of magnitude higher Brother SubD"

You cannot support that ignorant nonsense. All you can do is tell us how little you understand various processes. But go ahead. Bring the statistics that support you.

Of course I can support my claim .. but it is not up to me to support your claim .. which is that to the contrary .. crying out "ignorant nonsense" .. as if you would know the difference.

So .. fancy pants .. Go first - tell me the risk of harm (SAR) from the vax to a healthy male who has had covid age roughly 16-30 vs the risk of harm from Omicron.

You are the one running around claiming the vax is safe and effective .. and approving of Law on this basis to Jab your Neighbor rather than love your neighbor.

YOU -- are the one needs support your claim .. wanting to force your personal beliefs on others through physical violence. I am not the one trying to justify Law .. I just want the Jabbers to leave me alone.

Prove to us all that you have absolutely no idea what the numbers are .. which is obviously true .. demonstrated by your crying out "ignorant nonsense" because that necessary illusion bubble was popped .. and you were triggered .. just like the religious folks .. same "Thought Stopping" process going on .. a function of sophisticated mind control techniques.

Lets go sport. .. Risk of harm -- SAR numbers which you should know being so up in the issue .. whats the risk to a healthy male 16-30 from the Vax "Severe Adverse Reaction" I will give you a hint .. the Phizer -Moderna pretrial data is available thanks to an Austrailian freedom of information act request as of last Xmas .. those would be good numbers to use. but feel free to come up with others.

Oh .. shart .. don't have a clue . .not the foggiest idea ? like that is a surprise .. 1 in 800 is the number you are looking for. The "STAT" you don't know .. and were desperately ignorant of .. believing some ignorant nonsense instead.

What does that mean fancy pants .. tell us how much you know .. is 1 in 800 good .. bad ? perfectly safe No ? not a clue on that one either .. well perhaps instead of me giving you the answer .. you try to figure it out first .. and also tell us what the risk of harm "SAR" of Covid is to a healthy male 16-30 .. from Covid ?

and for Giggles .. tell us how many healthy males 16-30 -died from Covid

We Never Know

No Slack
Of course I can support my claim .. but it is not up to me to support your claim .. which is that to the contrary .. crying out "ignorant nonsense" .. as if you would know the difference.

So .. fancy pants .. Go first - tell me the risk of harm (SAR) from the vax to a healthy male who has had covid age roughly 16-30 vs the risk of harm from Omicron.

You are the one running around claiming the vax is safe and effective .. and approving of Law on this basis to Jab your Neighbor rather than love your neighbor.

YOU -- are the one needs support your claim .. wanting to force your personal beliefs on others through physical violence. I am not the one trying to justify Law .. I just want the Jabbers to leave me alone.

Prove to us all that you have absolutely no idea what the numbers are .. which is obviously true .. demonstrated by your crying out "ignorant nonsense" because that necessary illusion bubble was popped .. and you were triggered .. just like the religious folks .. same "Thought Stopping" process going on .. a function of sophisticated mind control techniques.

Lets go sport. .. Risk of harm -- SAR numbers which you should know being so up in the issue .. whats the risk to a healthy male 16-30 from the Vax "Severe Adverse Reaction" I will give you a hint .. the Phizer -Moderna pretrial data is available thanks to an Austrailian freedom of information act request as of last Xmas .. those would be good numbers to use. but feel free to come up with others.

Oh .. shart .. don't have a clue . .not the foggiest idea ? like that is a surprise .. 1 in 800 is the number you are looking for. The "STAT" you don't know .. and were desperately ignorant of .. believing some ignorant nonsense instead.

What does that mean fancy pants .. tell us how much you know .. is 1 in 800 good .. bad ? perfectly safe No ? not a clue on that one either .. well perhaps instead of me giving you the answer .. you try to figure it out first .. and also tell us what the risk of harm "SAR" of Covid is to a healthy male 16-30 .. from Covid ?

Two numbers I would like to know..

1. How many people that took the vaccine would have died without it?
2. How many people that died would have survived if they had taken the vaccine?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Now you are sounding like a creationist. Yes, when you make a positive assertation you do have a burden of proof. You cannot play your silly game of rejecting the evidence of others.

The data shows that it is safe. And I only said that certain people could be ordered to get a vaccine. As to whether they are safe or not it is dead easy to find countless reliable sources that will affirm that they are safe. I will go with just one for now:

"Yes. The two mRNA vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna, authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), are very safe and very good at preventing serious or fatal cases of COVID-19. The risk of serious side effects associated with these vaccines is very small."

For you to demand more you need to step up your game. A lot.

Oh my the projection it is amazing. You are a "creationist" here. If you want to be "left alone", then you have to leave others alone. You will need to find a job where you do not put others at risk. If you do your boss is within his rights to order that all of his employees get vaccinated. No one is forcing you to work at a job that requires one. What field are you in anyway?

Oh my, you need to learn how to follow the rules of the forum here too.

Sargonski

Two numbers I would like to know..

1. How many people that took the vaccine would have died without it?
2. How many people that died would have survived if they had taken the vaccine?

The answer to both of your questions is completely irrelevant to a "Healthy" Person which in this case means someone who is not severely immune compromized - with 3 comorbidities - over 80 - and morbidly obese .

Sans a few strange exceptions .. which always occur ( that one in 500,000 who dies from a bee sting) near all the people who died from Covid were in the "really unhealthy and near death already" category.

So the answer to 1 and 2 is close to Zero for healthy people -- "not statistically significant"

Tell you what number I would like to know .. How many healthy children died from "Covid" There is a number that has some meaning .. or how many people with natural immunity died from Covid.

Sargonski

Now you are sounding like a creationist. Yes, when you make a positive assertation you do have a burden of proof. You cannot play your silly game of rejecting the evidence of others.

The data shows that it is safe. And I only said that certain people could be ordered to get a vaccine. As to whether they are safe or not it is dead easy to find countless reliable sources that will affirm that they are safe. I will go with just one for now:

"Yes. The two mRNA vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna, authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), are very safe and very good at preventing serious or fatal cases of COVID-19. The risk of serious side effects associated with these vaccines is very small."

Oh my the projection it is amazing. You are a "creationist" here. If you want to be "left alone", then you have to leave others alone. You will need to find a job where you do not put others at risk. If you do your boss is within his rights to order that all of his employees get vaccinated. No one is forcing you to work at a job that requires one. What field are you in anyway?

The burden of Proof is on you

What a joke of a respose .. You are the anti-science creationist .. and the burden of proof is completely on you .. you are the one wanting rto make law .. pushing your personal beliefs on others through physical violence - Coercion (Law) .. and you don't have the faintest clue even how to support your claim .. were you to have any.

Posting a naked claim from John Hopkins "Vax is safe" is not proof of claim .. not even close. You have absolutely no clue what safe means.
I gave you the SAR for the Jab = 1 in 800 .. Is this "Safe" or is it not ? .. what number of severe adverse reactions is considered no longer safe.

What part of "Gov't is lying to you" did you not understand ? .. you can cry no no no all you like .. but that doesn't make 1 in 800 "Safe" You are the one who has no game .. Zero "Stats" as you requestion to back up your claim.

Last >> "Risk of Harm" - of its own volition - is not a legitimate justification for Law in a system that has respect for essential liberty sport. "If it saves one life" is not valid justification for law .. despite what the woke joke believes .. and the Red Hoax for that matter.

and in this case "To protect others" is a lie already proven to you .. have you no ability to comprehend the information given from CDC = Vax does not prevent transmission. ? does not significantly reduced the spread. What part of this admission by the CDC did you not understand .. and are in continued denial of.

Lets Go Sport -- support your claim .. what is the "Safe" SAR value ? and what is the value for "Moderna/Phizer"

Here is a good one by John Campbell .. talking 1 in 35 risk of myocharditis from the booster .. is that "Safe"?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The burden of Proof is on you

What a joke of a respose .. You are the anti-science creationist .. and the burden of proof is completely on you .. you are the one wanting rto make law .. pushing your personal beliefs on others through physical violence - Coercion (Law) .. and you don't have the faintest clue even how to support your claim .. were you to have any.

Posting a naked claim from John Hopkins "Vax is safe" is not proof of claim .. not even close. You have absolutely no clue what safe means.
I gave you the SAR for the Jab = 1 in 800 .. Is this "Safe" or is it not ? .. what number of severe adverse reactions is considered no longer safe.

What part of "Gov't is lying to you" did you not understand ? .. you can cry no no no all you like .. but that doesn't make 1 in 800 "Safe" You are the one who has no game .. Zero "Stats" as you requestion to back up your claim.

Last >> "Risk of Harm" - of its own volition - is not a legitimate justification for Law in a system that has respect for essential liberty sport. "If it saves one life" is not valid justification for law .. despite what the woke joke believes .. and the Red Hoax for that matter.

and in this case "To protect others" is a lie already proven to you .. have you no ability to comprehend the information given from CDC = Vax does not prevent transmission. ? does not significantly reduced the spread. What part of this admission by the CDC did you not understand .. and are in continued denial of.

Lets Go Sport -- support your claim .. what is the "Safe" SAR value ? and what is the value for "Moderna/Phizer"

Here is a good one by John Campbell .. talking 1 in 35 risk of myocharditis from the booster .. is that "Safe"?
Nope, let's add burden of proof to the many concepts that you do not understand.

And why did you link a failed conspiracy theorist?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I do not spout nor accept false equivalencies. You said you voted for Trump twice, and that alone tells me a lot.

That, is a false equivalency. And if you think that because of a choice between two people who have issues qualifies for "that tells me a lot" gives the hue that you are a single issue person.

Yes, I also pray for politicians with the hope they'll act morally and effectively, and that without any doubt whatsoever leaves out Trump and numerous others, such as Bill Clinton for just one example.

BTW, Lindsey Graham said the Biden was the most moral man in the Senate, and John McCain also praised him as did his daughter Meghan.

If Lindsey Graham said Biden was the moral man in the Senate, we need a new Congress :)

I have no problem with that. Here in Michigan, where the men are men and the women look like men, we don't sign up for a party but must vote on only which party we want to at the time of a primary.

BTW, in the general elections, it's not at all unusual to split my vote, and numerous times I've not voted for anyone in a given category or have voted third party as a protest vote.

I'm glad you have had more opportunity to split your vote... I have had only one opportunity which I took

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
That, is a false equivalency. And if you think that because of a choice between two people who have issues qualifies for "that tells me a lot" gives the hue that you are a single issue person.
Absolutely false, so I don't know what you pulled that out of, but I do have a theory. :p

As one who taught a political science course for 25 years, I had to look at things from an unbiased viewpoint as best as I could. To check and see if I was successful in being even-handed, I had my students fill out a confidential survey and had a student collect and mix them at the end of a semester.
If Lindsey Graham said Biden was the moral man in the Senate, we need a new Congress :)
And you base this on what?

I don't know if Lindsey was right, but my point is that to put Biden on the same moral level as Trump is nothing short of pure garbage; and I am not that crazy about Biden either, btw, but for a different reason. There is no way that I could vote for anyone even close to what Trump has said and done because so much of that was the antithesis of what Jesus taught, as "love one another" was and is not part of Trump's m.o.
I'm glad you have had more opportunity to split your vote... I have had only one opportunity which I took
Fits my split personality. :oops:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You the one shouting fire .. mocking the dead by telling falsehoods ..
No, you did that. Don't you dare trying to put that on me.

YOU said this:

"Sounds like you the one shouting fire in theatre friend -- "Preventable How" ? How were these Covid deaths preventable Doc .. other than eathing less donuts throughout one's life ..."

claiming these deaths were preventable by masking and lockdown and/or taking the vax .. which is pure falsehood .. for anyone but the severedly immune compromized and nearly dead.
It's true. Sorry you don't seem to like it. But the vaccine saved lives. Which you seem to acknowledge above while simultaneously denying it. LOL

I'm sorry you don't seem to think that the lives of overweight and immuno-compromised people and "nearly dead" people are valuable, but I do. I find your view of them rather sickening.
They you cry about me not knowing how vaccines work .. but not stating what it is that I said that you think was incorrect showing you have no idea what a valid argument is .. then cry about some conspiracy theory .again not stating this crazy conspiracy theory is ... proving once again that you do not know what an argument is.. and then claiming I am the one projecting...
You told us you don't know how vaccines work. Several times.
What is this failing being projected onto you that you wish stopped. again proving once again you have no idea what an argument is..

This is fallaciously nonsensical behavior .. What deaths were prevented by the Vaccine .. "read more carefully" you cry .. when I asked you this previously .. then told you which deaths were prevented.
Rambling ...
Your claim that that masks and lockdown prevented transmission is simply false and according to the CDC the vax does not prevent transmission either.
More rambling and already addressed.
Masking and Lockdowns did not prevent the spread of Covid
It helped stopped hospitals from being overwhelmed, which saves lives overall. As already pointed out.
.. what kind of silly nonsense is this .. did you not notice that Covid spread like wildfire .. when people were masked and in lockdown mode ... further ... there was no significant slowdown of the spread .. which we all know because covid spread like wildfire .
You're out to lunch, bud. Your beliefs fly in the face of reality.

You know what significantly slowed down the spread of COVID - the vaccine. Herd immunity. You're welcome.
IF we would have implemented lockdowns like in Australia and New Zealand .. we could have "Prevented" transmission to significant degree .. but we didn't .. and running around in cloth masks didn't do squat to prevent transmission .. nor would it be realistically expected to.

Sorry mate .. people been lying to you .. and you been eating it up .. especially the Gov't lies.
More rambling and conspiracy theory nonsense ...
Here is a good video about some of those Gov't lies .. by the fellow who was charged with investigation of the Lab Leak

Government Lies: Covid Lab Leak And Ukraine | A Conversation With Jeffrey Sachs
More conspiracy nonsense. Ho hum.