• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suppression of Free Speech on Covid

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Thankfully my blood pressure returned to it's normal 100/70. FINALLY. After about a year of being elevated.
Well, I call the flu shot a flu shot.
It too is adjusted every year to
deal with newly evolved strains.
Diseases are a moving target.

What is a vaccine?
Excerpted...
A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious or malignant disease.

Note that having to "adjust" it yearly doesn't defeat
the definition.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

What is a vaccine?
Excerpted...
A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious or malignant disease.

the definition.
That definition was changed during the pandemic. At least it was on the CDC website as well as with Merriam Webster.

Kathryn

What is a vaccine?
Excerpted...

the definition.
Please quit throwing changed definitions at me. They were changed during the pandemic in part because of the newer "vaccines" for COVID. The timing could not be worse.

Kathryn

That was a good change.
It comports more with how the word
is used by people in the field.
The change happened right in the middle of what became a political stance - the pandemic, which was actually world wide and should have been above politicizing but apparently nothing is.

Kathryn

Ah hah! Evidence of the conspiracy!
A definition changed to be more accurate.
It was changed in part because of the mRNA vaccine (or whatever, I get the letters mixed up sometimes) during the pandemic. This is according to USAtoday., which I alluded to earlier and probably posted the link. But I will again:

"Merriam-Webster revised its "vaccine" definition to replace "immunity" with "immune response." The change also addresses the new technology of mRNA vaccines in light of the COVID-19 pandemic."

As I said earlier, the change happened right in the middle of what became a political stance - the pandemic, which was actually world wide and should have been above politicizing but apparently nothing is.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The change happened right in the middle of what became a political stance - the pandemic, which was actually world wide and should have been above politicizing but apparently nothing is.
More evidence of some vast conspiracy by Democrats?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Kathryn

Y
Please quite the desperate grasping at
straws to believe that the Covid 19
vaccines are.....whatever it is you're
claiming.
You know what I am claiming? I will gladly tell you - I am claiming that I do not know what the "vaccines" really do, and I doubt you do for that matter. I am claiming that the definition of "vaccine" was changed during the pandemic, in part to reflect the changes that the mRNA shot against COVID mandated. I am claiming that I do not like the politicization of COVID. but I feel it was inevitable. I don't know much, but I do know this - that I was not expecting any side effects from my third shot but I had them. I know that the only, ONLY person I know who died of COVID had had five vaccinations against it. I know that I had three and did eventually, many months after my third shot, get COVID and was fine but you know what - I knew someone else who got COVID before the shots even came out and he was fine too. I mean, I felt a tiny bit under the weather for a few days but it was simply no big deal, thankfully. Nor did I expect it would be, and it definitely wasn't. So I am sorry but I am not very impressed with the COVID shots or as you say, the vaccines.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You know what I am claiming? I will gladly tell you - I am claiming that I do not know what the "vaccines" really do, and I doubt you do for that matter.
I've done much reading on the history, function,
& efficacy of those & other vaccines. I advise
you to do the same, because belief in an evil
government conspiracy based only upon personal
anecdotes & a changed dictionary definition is
simply unreasonable. It might lead you to avoid
health care services you need. And you might
convince others to do the same.

Kathryn

The links don't support your apparent
claim of some nefarious government plot
about Covid 19 & vaccines.
OK so you say.
I've done much reading on the history, function,
& efficacy of those & other vaccines. I advise
you to do the same, because belief in an evil
government conspiracy based only upon personal
anecdotes & a changed dictionary definition is
simply unreasonable. It might lead you to avoid
health care services you need. And you might
convince others to do the same.
Do whatever you willl and I will do the same.