• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Symptoms vs Cause

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
My main problem with the Baha'i Faith is their claim of progressive revelation... that their God sent different manifestations/messengers at different times and places but that their messages were essentially the same.

To me, it seems more likely that people in different places and times made up their own Gods and religions and a lot of those Gods and religions are believed to be nothing more than myth. But some of those ancient, mythical religions and their Gods are still believed by some to be real.
To the Baha'is who only look at the major religions and say their spiritual teachings were the same.

Lots of Gods and lots of religions. We've had Sun gods, volcano gods, thunder gods. We've had religions in China, Japan, Norway, Greece, Egypt and everywhere else. Similarities? Yeah, some. But what about the differences? Even within some of the major religions there are extremely different beliefs. Then comparing the major religions to each other, we have very different beliefs. To say that their "spiritual" teachings were the same, I think is being way too general.

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
@loverofhumanity:
See what I mean? Your fellow believers are undermining your attempt at every other turn. If you can't keep gods out of it, you're bound to fail.
Personally I see what will fail is a godless world, as a lasting unity is not able to be built.

When will that realisation come? How will it become manifested? Absolutely no idea and most likely my replies delay its unfolding, but It is foretold.

"....World peace is not only possible but inevitable.....The well-being of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established.....This unity can never be achieved so long as the counsels which the Pen of the Most High hath revealed are suffered to pass unheeded.."

The cause of a decay in this world is moving away from God. Trying to build unity without God (who gave the councels) is only treating the multitude of symptoms.

It is not just or fair for me to offer it in a way thay I leave out God to appease an athiest position.

Yet I will live in peace and harmony with yiu always. Discussions are just that, we can agree to disagree.

Regards Tony

F1fan

Veteran Member
Personally I see what will fail is a godless world, as a lasting unity is not able to be built.
It would help if the godly would stop killing each other so peace could happen. Too many gods to fight territory over.
When will that realisation come? How will it become manifested? Absolutely no idea and most likely my replies delay its unfolding, but It is foretold.
When the godly stop thinking their God is the best God, and then move to educate themselves and be more humanist.
"....World peace is not only possible but inevitable.....The well-being of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established.....This unity can never be achieved so long as the counsels which the Pen of the Most High hath revealed are suffered to pass unheeded.."
Less religion would help.
The cause of a decay in this world is moving away from God. Trying to build unity without God (who gave the councels) is only treating the multitude of symptoms.
This is actually meaniningless because there are no gods known to exist, and the many versions of gods are what causes some level of division. The world has had 4000 years of religious fervor and with it hjas come war. So quite obviously God does not correlate to peace. You should know this, and not suggest it is true. Not being truthful about history causes division. So what you really seem to be saying is that you want your version of God to be accepted because you are promoting unity as a core ideal. It's not an effective sales pitch. Who has it convinced on this forum? But the Baha'i continue with the commercials.
It is not just or fair for me to offer it in a way thay I leave out God to appease an athiest position.
Don't ignore all the other religious traditions, they too aren't convinced. They might be an ally against atheists, but there are some rather savvy atheitts who can easily expose these superficial tactics.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
It would help if the godly would stop killing each other so peace could happen. Too many gods to fight territory over.

When the godly stop thinking their God is the best God, and then move to educate themselves and be more humanist.

Less religion would help.

This is actually meaniningless because there are no gods known to exist, and the many versions of gods are what causes some level of division. The world has had 4000 years of religious fervor and with it hjas come war. So quite obviously God does not correlate to peace. You should know this, and not suggest it is true. Not being truthful about history causes division. So what you really seem to be saying is that you want your version of God to be accepted because you are promoting unity as a core ideal. It's not an effective sales pitch. Who has it convinced on this forum? But the Baha'i continue with the commercials.

Don't ignore all the other religious traditions, they too aren't convinced. They might be an ally against atheists, but there are some rather savvy atheitts who can easily expose these superficial tactics.
I am OK with the fact you have your view of life.

I wish all the best and much happiness, as I do all people.

Regards Tony

Heyo

Veteran Member

Yet I will live in peace and harmony with yiu always. Discussions are just that, we can agree to disagree.

Regards Tony
@F1fan answered quite brilliantly. I can only add to the pile.
When your position is "we want unity but only under a god (our god)", you place religion before unity. You revealed your priorities. Your fellow believer @loverofhumanity seems to not agree with you. You should work that out so that at least the Baha'i on RF can show the unity they ostensibly favour. (I don't hold my breath.)

As @F1fan pointed out, religion has a 4000 year history of not uniting people. More and more people realise that. So, not are you pushing away potential allies, but those who won't work with a religious group are gaining in numbers anyways. You are on the wrong side of history and one day you may see a world united in secularism and you are the ones who are not within the union.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Your fellow believer @loverofhumanity seems to not agree with you.
A dear friend, a wonderful soul, a very loving heart and may God bless him always. I did meet him in 2016 for a short visit when I drove from Perth WA to Normanton in Far North Queensland.

I have decided not to beat around the bush. If one pursues the Baha'i Writings, one will find many comments about the athiest mind and its corresponding negative influence on humanity. I would just be hiding those passages if I did not honestly offer they exist.

Likewise the mind stuck in the dogma of religion has the same negative influence.

What a quandary we face, we and how will change unfold?

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
I find it correct. Through history there has been more conflict (and war snd death) because of religion than any other single cause
The encyclopaedia of wars does not agree with that statement about religion and wars, but that has been done on this forum quite a few times now.

There are millions of Christians, Hindus, and Muslims, so obviously Faith can indeed unite people in a common and progressive cause.

Regards Tony

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The encyclopaedia of wars does not agree with that statement about religion and wars, but that has been done on this forum quite a few times now.

There are millions of Christians, Hindus, and Muslims, so obviously Faith can indeed unite people in a common and progressive cause.

Regards Tony

With close on a billion deaths because of religious conflict and no other reason for war coming close i guess the encyclopedia of war is deliberately miscounting.

Thats almost 10% of the entire human population of the planet that has ever lived killed because of religious conflict.

You want a list of conflicts where the cause is one party fighting another party because their god is better or they are forcibly trying to impose their religion on someone else feel free to ask.

Christians cannot even agree among themselves how they should worship, how the NT is interpreted, whether the OT is valid for Christian or not.