• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tampons too "woke" for conservatives.

Shaul

Premium Member
"Expenditures that are not absolutely necessary for the mission and purpose of a school are "non-essential"."
That quote contains nothing about whether sports, clubs, lunch or soap are essential or not. Which you implied I said when you wrote, "So no more sports, clubs, soap, and no more lunch as that is necessary for what a school does." in response to my previous post. Feel free to admit I never made any characterization about whether those things are essential expenditures.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That quote contains nothing about whether sports, clubs, lunch or soap are essential or not. Which you implied I said when you wrote, "So no more sports, clubs, soap, and no more lunch as that is necessary for what a school does." in response to my previous post. Feel free to admit I never made any characterization about whether those things are essential expenditures.
Somebody does not understand the concept of logical consequences of one's claims.

Shaul

Premium Member
You didn't list them, just tampons, but thise things do not serve the school mission. Kids can just handle lunch on their own.
So, it is your opinion that they don't. I haven't stated an opinion on that matter myself.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
So, it is your opinion that they don't. I haven't stated an opinion on that matter myself.
All you've done is move the goalpost, a necessary step because, well, it turns out many school functions and features don't actually relate to the mission of education.
Homecoming? People don't need that. They can instead study or read like I did.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
That was someone else's response to you, actually.
But yeah, that's the logical conclusion from your assertions about "non-essentials." Why you think tampons are non-essential, is beyond me since you won't respond to my points about them.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I was about to do a joke about how as a man I would feel excluded, but then I thought a little more. Nothing would ruin a date more than if your companion needed such products and none were available. If evidence of that showed she would be extremely uncomfortable and so would any decent man.

So if you are a straight, heterosexual he-man meat eater (like me) then the answer to the question is "What is in it for me?" is that women have periods at times and need such product. Do you want to go home and just spend a dull evening with Rosie Palm and her five daughters? No? Then act like an adult and be willing to help other people at times. Trust me, it pays off big time in the long run.
Here are some photos of the bar/cabinet I was talking about..
IMG_20190402_213845.jpg
IMG_20190402_213854.jpgIMG_20190402_184001.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190402_213900.jpg
    IMG_20190402_213900.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 38

Shaul

Premium Member
That was someone else's response to you, actually.
But yeah, that's the logical conclusion from your assertions about "non-essentials." Why you think tampons are non-essential, is beyond me since you won't respond to my points about them.
Here are links to two public schools located in Idaho:
Explore The Patriot Center
Explore Siena Elementary School
The first is an all boys high school. The second is an elementary school preschool-grade 5.
Feel free to explain how it is essential that these schools provide tampons.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
School is not for fun! It's for learning, and there's no place for being comfortable or happy! It's where children learn that life is a serious business, to be approached seriously!

A bit like prison, really.

Man, you musta had crap teachers...lol

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Really?
Genuinely curious on this point...do you have further information?
My middle school was designed by folks that normally designed prisons. You could sure tell. Few windows, very narrow(some up too high to actually see out of), and none actually opened.

Shaul

Premium Member
I had friends in 4th grade get their periods.
1) I don't necessarily believe you.
2) Public policy isn't based on exceptional cases. And girls beginning their periods that early are exceptions.
3) Unless they were providing tampons to your friends that is proof they weren't essential.

Any girls that is starting menstruation at eight years old has more pressing concerns than whether her school provides tampons. Like any unusual condition she would need to work with the school staff to accommodate her condition. But...

The bottom line is, these cases don't prove that the school must provide tampons.

Shaul

Premium Member
I had a daughter who did.
And I assume you provided her with what she needed. As should the parents of any such child. Which would make it essential for the parents to provide menstrual products, but not essential for the school. I had students that were diabetics, but the school didn't provide them with test strips and medicine.

Oh, and I noticed you haven't explained how it is essential for the all boys school to supply tampons.

Shaul

Premium Member
Who cares what you do or don't believe? I'll trust the words of women when it comes to their own needs and experiences.
As I don't need to care that you think providing tampons is schools is essential. And you are ignoring the case of the all boys high school. Why is it ESSENTIAL that an all boys high school must provide tampons?
WHY?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
1) I don't necessarily believe you.
2) Public policy isn't based on exceptional cases. And girls beginning their periods that early are exceptions.
3) Unless they were providing tampons to your friends that is proof they weren't essential.

Any girls that is starting menstruation at eight years old has more pressing concerns than whether her school provides tampons. Like any unusual condition she would need to work with the school staff to accommodate her condition. But...

The bottom line is, these cases don't prove that the school must provide tampons.
I could respect a difference of opinion on this matter. I can understand that you may not see this as something a school has to provide. (My own opinion is they shouldn't have to, but it seems like the moral thing to do, and what they oughta do, and leave legislation out of it).

I can't, however, respect the "I don't necessarily believe you". In 4th grade, I was 10, 5th grade, 11. Its not unheard of for girls of those ages to have periods. If you find me to be the type of person to come online to make up stories for the sake of arguing with people, I see there to be no point in us interacting. Take care, man.