• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tampons too "woke" for conservatives.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
I don't remember ever being offered free feminine hygiene products in school. There were dispensers in the restroom(which you had to pay a few coins for), or if you were truly in a bind, you could go to the nurse's office and ask for such(and would be given it).

I can't either. Of course it was a "boys only" school ...

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Expenditures that are not absolutely necessary for the mission and purpose of a school are "non-essential".
It costs under a million dollars. Less than the cost of all that toilet paper and soap they provide.

Okay, so out goes toilet paper and hand soap. Why even have bathrooms at all?

How do you think girls who don't have access to tampons are going to fare throughout the day at school without them? Do you think they'll be focused 100% on learning and not on whether or not they're going to bleed through their pants and be embarrassed and ostracized by their peers? How about other kids who have to sit on other peoples' mess? Why do conservatives try so hard to make schools an unpleasant place for kids?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I was about to do a joke about how as a man I would feel excluded, but then I thought a little more. Nothing would ruin a date more than if your companion needed such products and none were available. If evidence of that showed she would be extremely uncomfortable and so would any decent man.

So if you are a straight, heterosexual he-man meat eater (like me) then the answer to the question is "What is in it for me?" is that women have periods at times and need such product. Do you want to go home and just spend a dull evening with Rosie Palm and her five daughters? No? Then act like an adult and be willing to help other people at times. Trust me, it pays off big time in the long run.
My brother kept some in his house for family and guests. No ulterior motives with it though, he was just being considerate (having some daughters made him realize it wouldn't be a bad idea to have them on hand).

Shaul

Premium Member
It costs under a million dollars. Less than the cost of all that toilet paper and soap they provide.

Okay, so out goes toilet paper and hand soap. Why even have bathrooms at all?

How do you think girls who don't have access to tampons are going to fare throughout the day at school without them? Do you think they'll be focused 100% on learning and not on whether or not they're going to bleed through their pants and be embarrassed and ostracized by their peers? How about other kids who have to sit on other peoples' mess? Why do conservatives try so hard to make schools an unpleasant place for kids?
The amount of a non-essential expenditure doesn't make it essential. Bathroom supplies and tampons are a false equivalency. I think girls are responsible for their own personal care.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The amount of a non-essential expenditure doesn't make it essential. Bathroom supplies and tampons are a false equivalency.
What makes it essential are the things I just explained that you completely ignored.
There is no false equivalency here. Toilet paper and tampons are necessities of life.

I think girls are responsible for their own personal care.
Then every kid should also be responsible for bringing in their own soap and toilet paper, with that logic.

Something like 23% of girls miss school due to lack of access to menstrual products. That's not good for students, is it?
How about walking around bleeding all over everything all day? How good for students is that, do you think? How do you think other students would respond to that?
How about having to sit in someone else's bloody mess? How good for students is that, do you think?
How about having to worry all day long that somebody is going to notice that your pants are a bloody mess? How good for students is that, do you think?
Again I ask, why do conservatives try so hard to make school an unpleasant place for children?

Oh, and what is the "mission" of schools, exactly? Is it to provide students with a comfortable and safe environment that is most conducive to learning? Or something else?

Orbit

I'm a planet
Here's what happens when there aren't tampons. Not everyone knows WHEN their period is going to start, and if it starts at school if there are no tampons you have to be sent home. So you miss a day of school, and your parents have to take off work to come get you, which puts their job in jeopardy. It's just not sensible to not have tampons available.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Here's what happens when there aren't tampons. Not everyone knows WHEN their period is going to start, and if it starts at school if there are no tampons you have to be sent home. So you miss a day of school, and your parents have to take off work to come get you, which puts their job in jeopardy. It's just not sensible to not have tampons available.
Yes! You said that much better than I did!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well that is just poor discipline on the girls part:

"Every fourth Wednesday at 3:56 PM. Concentrate, Hilda. Concentrate!"